What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

7 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

I saw Arcade Fire at the Greek Theater last night, and it was as good as that sounds.   They actually started by playing the entire Funeral album start to finish then took an early encore break and then came back with a mix of another 10 or so songs from the rest of their albums.  

I'm so jealous right now.

I saw a FB post that they were playing Funeral, which is an absolutely awesome album

On 9/21/2018 at 9:30 PM, Triskjavikson said:

I saw Arcade Fire at the Greek Theater last night, and it was as good as that sounds.   They actually started by playing the entire Funeral album start to finish then took an early encore break and then came back with a mix of another 10 or so songs from the rest of their albums.  

I saw AF back in July and they were truly outstanding. Probably one of the best live shows I've ever seen and while they did not play Funeral in its entirety, they played just a good mix of songs from all of their albums. Hell, even the songs I didn't like from their latest were pretty damn good live.

I would definitely consider seeing them again and I don't think that often. Very highly recommend you see them if you get the opportunity and you're a fan.

As for what I'm listening to, the absolute and complete fucking opposite of Arcade Fire.

• 1 month later...

Having been going through Marc Martel songs again these last few days. This stunningly gifted bastard needs far, far more recognition.

I think I found my favorite original song from him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFw8Kq59AEE

When I close my eyes I imagine that this is how it would sound if Freddie Mercury were still alive and making new songs. Though I must say, in terms of vocal range, Martel seems to be even superior.

4 hours ago, Toth said:

Having been going through Marc Martel songs again these last few days. This stunningly gifted bastard needs far, far more recognition.

I think I found my favorite original song from him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFw8Kq59AEE

When I close my eyes I imagine that this is how it would sound if Freddie Mercury were still alive and making new songs. Though I must say, in terms of vocal range, Martel seems to be even superior.

wow this is really really good! Had to bold it.

what was about to post here? half forgot with this song....

Okay, now I remember. For some reason Youtube recommended me this one. The non-chorus part seems very cool. Or at least it's kind of happy and makes one feel alive!

I just found out that one of the kids I grew up with is the keyboard player in Brand X....lol... he was always the best player in the neighborhood...

Lately I've been going back to my roots... Return to Forever, Jean Luc Ponty, Bruford, the Brecker Bros., Mahavishnu, Steps Ahead, Gong, PFM, Larry Carlton, Weather Report, Stanley Jordan, Jeff Lorber, etc....

Some prog Rock stuff... Gentle Giant, (older) Genesis, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Yes, UK, Renaissance, etc....

... There's always time for Frank Zappa

... and the Dregs will always remain my favorites....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived