What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

Universal Studios has lost a half million historically significant master recordings in a fire. They concealed the extent of the losses previously, probably not wanting to face backlash. 

A half million recordings by Billie Holliday, Aretha Franklin and others were lost in a fire, the New York Times found

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/us/music-masters-universal-fire-trnd/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:38 AM, Triskele said:

Some of y'all, I think it was @Mr. X and @Ferrum Aeternum, gave me solid feedback when I asked about Julien Baker after I discovered her in that live tribute to Frightened Rabbit's Scott Hutchison after his passing.

I just discovered that she actually did a studio cover (and am frantically trying to figure out if a bunch of folks did) of a FR song here, and it's breathtaking for this Rabbit fan.  thank you guys

Sure thing.

I somehow missed Frightened Rabbit when they were active and only listened to The Midnight Organ Fight for the first time this month after hearing some of the tribute tracks. You know this already, but it's really fantastic. Glad I finally got around to listening to them.

11 hours ago, Triskele said:

Well now dude of course you've made the mistake of saying this and will have to suffer a lot of unsolicited further feedback from me on this topic.  

Come on now, I've been on this board long enough to expect unsolicited feedback when quoting someone in a music or reading thread. One might even call non-explicitly soliciting feedback.... :P

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the other albums. 

And yeah, "It takes more than fucking someone to keep yourself warm" is one of those lines that was a "STOP EVERYTHING - THAT'S AMAZING" kind of moment when listening the first time. Doesn't hurt that the melody is super catchy too. 

On 7/27/2019 at 12:34 AM, Triskele said:

Midnight Organ Fight contains virtually no bass guitar, but the three FR albums that follow it do.

This is interesting. I'll have to listen more closely.

Listening to the Blackout podcast with Rami Malek.

Blackout imagines the collapse of civilization from a small New Hampshire town

A post apocalyptic podcast about how reliant we are on technology

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/5/18528065/blackout-podcast-rami-malek-scott-conroy-post-apocalypse-recommendation

In the first moments of Blackout, a new podcast from Endeavor Audio, we ride along with the pilot of a fighter jet who is flying over the White Mountains of New Hampshire, when suddenly he notices something off, and abruptly loses power and crashes.

The episode jumps to a recording made by a DJ named Simon Itani (voiced by Mr. Robot / Bohemian Rhapsody’s Rami Malek), who says that he’s documenting what’s transpired in the months since power went out across the United States. The series follows several storylines as Itani’s small town copes without power. Itani gets shot at when he goes to investigate the power outage at a local broadcast tower, while his son Hunter and some friends discover the downed pilot — and end up stumbling on a bigger plot when they come across an individual in the woods.

Blackout is a slickly produced show, and it plays out a bit like a novel, reminding me of Joe Hill’s post-apocalyptic novel The Fireman. Both are about the collapse of civilization as it plays out in New Hampshire, examining how dependent people are on all the trappings of the 21st century, and how easily communities can fall prey to power-hungry individuals who simply want to control as much as they can of the world that surrounds them.

29 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Forgot to mention on top of Smash Mouth and Limp Bizkit that P.O.D. has round its way back into my rotation.  

This news that Doves are getting back together to make a studio record excites me.  

I heard recently that Scott Stapp is making a serious comeback. How exciting is that?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived