What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

I'm doing a normal piano+vox cover of this song soon so was looking at other peoples on Youtube and stumbled on this:

How amazing does this sound? as much as I love the original this sounds so beautiful so thought I'd share.

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

Entire Magnetic Fields on shuffle actually sounds utterly insane in its own way.  

Yes, especially given how focused a lot of their albums are in terms of not only theme, but also sound. 

69 Love Songs does make for an excellent shuffle opportunity on its own, however.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, bad robot productions said:

It's better now I feel, not listening to the radio. (Just wanted post count up). 

Stars by Warpaint

Great band, I love Emily Kokals voice!, check out their cover of Ashes to Ashes if you get a chance, I really liked it.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

@Bittersweet Distractor - I saw The National live recently and meant to update you on a couple of fronts.

I recall being really effusive about their new album, and I've soured on that bit  It's solid for sure but is not up there with their best.

That said, they took a few of the tracks live to another level like you'd hope a great band would.  

To all of the rest of you all, take a load off. 

Thanks :), I’ve not had the pleasure of seeing them live yet but would still love to, I’ve enjoyed their latest album, we’re they tight live?, I can somewhat relate to how hard it is doing live performances although I’ve never done anything remotely big, I think it takes a lot of confidence to perform in front of the amount of people that big bands do, saying that it must feel pretty epic to do though!.

3 hours ago, Triskele said:

They are so tight live it's quite something.  And there are a number of their tracks across their catalogue where they add a closing flourish with a guitar solo that's not on the record that really adds something.  It's usually not overly long and stays in the same pocket but just caps it off so well.

Given what a good soloist Dessner is I'm amazed that they have so little solo work on their studio albums.  

He’s also a rather talented composer if you enjoy works away from rock.

I’ve been having a bit of a Magazine and Siouxie and the Banshees binge this weekend because I love John McGeochs guitar work so much, that and I don’t ever need an excuse to listen to some post punk :P.

With guitar solos I really enjoy some both to listen to and play but there are some that I just find a bit off putting, finding that balance of making it fit we’ll within a song and not be self indulgent is a great skill in itself.

1 hour ago, Liffguard said:

Broadway version or original cast recording? Or, hell, even the first concept album? Too many versions. :D

Original Broadway Cast Recording. 

I think at least some of the cast have been with this since the beginning actually, would need to check. Anyway, it's one with Reeve Carney and Eva Noblezada as Orpheus and Eurydice

Archived