What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

Breathtaking.   

Not a bad feature song for "you either get Thom Yorke or you don't."  Same with most of the new album's stuff on the Netflix video he did with Paul Thomas Anderson.  Real hypnotic like this. 

Yeah, it really blew me away, I liked some of his new album, Dawn Chorus was great but it didn’t make me :o as much as this one did. 

• 4 weeks later...

Janelle can really do anything she wants whether it's acting, contemporary, jazz, hip hop. I can see why Prince was a great admirer of her.

And changing style completely

She was also in that really good NASA movie with Kevin Costner -Hidden Figures and is in the 2019 movie about Harriet Tubman- Harriet

Just amazing versatility to perform in multiple fields, they call it artist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok it’s more music news than what I’m listening to but it’s an announcement I’m very excited about, especially as I never thought it would happen, as a long term fan of his guitar style and his solo works I’m very happy about this:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/john-frusciante-rejoins-red-hot-chili-peppers-josh-klinghoffer-927387/

6 hours ago, Triskele said:

Holy shit.  That is huge.  JF is a God.

I somewhere got wind that John Mayer was a douche and not worthy of being listened to, and the whole artist v. person is another debate, but I recently stumbled upon this, and it's tough to deny how good it is.  Give it to a bit after the 3 minute mark (and then again at the 4:30 mark).

If you had never heard of the guy and went to a bar and were an agent you'd be pretty quick to want to sign.  

I’ve always enjoyed his solo work a great deal, it’s something I’d recommend as I think you’d like it, if you haven’t before give The Empyrean and Shadows Collide with People a try.

On his return to RHCP, I’m still looking forward to it as I love the musical chemistry between him and Flea.

I don’t know that much about John Mayers being a douche or not, but I’ve always thought he was a very talented player, wasn’t he loosely considered a bit of a Clapton protege in the 00s?.

Archived