What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

DireWolfSpirit

On 2/15/2020 at 5:47 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Usually I let my music roll on random. 

But I was feeling some ‘90s country music tonight.

Funny how human memory works. That we can remember the words to songs we haven’t heard in over 10 years. (Even songs that we forgot actually existed until we hear them again)

Or those songs where just the opening note/notes are enough to have the whole somg prepped and ready to go in your head

On 2/23/2020 at 3:25 AM, Triskele said:

What's really funny is how you think you know a guy.  A True Kaniggit is a 90s country guy?  

ETA:  Wait, that's the Shania Twain era?  OK, it all makes sense.  It all make sense .

Ahhh. You must remember, I was born in ‘91.

So my music intake during these impressionable years was set by whatever the hell either parent had on.

And yes, I did listen to a couple Shania Twain songs the other day. Gonna listen to a couple right now actually.

Why the hell not?

12 hours ago, Triskele said:

@williamjm

I keep wanting to know what the deal is with Doves.  Last I've heard is just the encouraging thing that they're going for one more album again.   Pinging you just in case you know more.  thanks

They did seem to have gone quiet after their shows about a year ago, but it looks like the new album may be imminent although there's no release date yet.

It doesn't really feel like it's been 11 years since their last album, but it'll be good to hear something new by them.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, Triskele said:

Oh yes, they exist.  And they are cowards.  But if you put me on the spot on actually ranking the Fleetwood Mac people....tough....

@williamjm

I keep wanting to know what the deal is with Doves.  Last I've heard is just the encouraging thing that they're going for one more album again.   Pinging you just in case you know more.  thanks

I don’t know how they can, she’s awesome!.

In other music related news that I’m sure you’ll be happy about:

A. My wife got me tickets to see Thom Yorke in June (she won’t come with me though :()

B. Genesis are doing some shows, tickets go on  sale tomorrow and I’m going to try very hard to get tickets for London in November :commie:.

I just discovered a band called Mother's Cake from Austria. Kind of a mix of progressive rock, psychedelic, and funk. The very little I've heard of them so far is great and right up my alley; upbeat, energetic, and instrumentally diverse.

I would highly recommend giving them a shot if you're a fan of the Mars Volta.

14 hours ago, Durckad said:

I just discovered a band called Mother's Cake from Austria. Kind of a mix of progressive rock, psychedelic, and funk. The very little I've heard of them so far is great and right up my alley; upbeat, energetic, and instrumentally diverse.

I would highly recommend giving them a shot if you're a fan of the Mars Volta.

I’m going to check them out when I have time (currently on baby minding duties :p) and get back to you as I really like The Mars Volta, thanks for the recommendation.

7 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

I’m going to check them out when I have time (currently on baby minding duties :p) and get back to you as I really like The Mars Volta, thanks for the recommendation.

Great!

I hope you enjoy them.:D

On 3/11/2020 at 1:22 AM, Durckad said:

Great!

I hope you enjoy them.:D

I did enjoy them!, thanks :).

Maybe this belongs in the gallows humour thread but I couldn’t help but blast this in the car yesterday:

Archived