Stannis response to Dany

UFT

7 hours ago, UFT said:

your responses are missing the point. 

stannis has already lost his whole army to her. my question is would he recognise right of conquest, or still refuse and insist on the baratheon claim?  i always thought he was hypocritical because robert IMO is not the king. "right of conquest" is too easy, too barbaric and basically says any asshole can be king as long as they have a big army.  imagine if i came into your house, took your shit and killed your family and said "mine now"? would you bend the knee and say "fuck, well i guess you're right when you put it like that".

IMO as soon as robert dies, he should have been like "well im released from that whole elder brother vs king thing. time to go find daenerys or viserys and support them".  thats what barristan did and thats why i like and support barristan. 

And what is "right of birth" different from "right of conquest" in any asshole can be king? It only ends with "as long as they come out of the right woman." And how was Aegon's conquest different from Robert's? Robert actually had a blood claim, Aegon just took 7 Kingdoms because Storm king insulted him. Barristan is far bigger hypocrite than Robert or Stannis, he is a gloryhound, wants to be seen as honorable. Every noble family in asoiaf or real life took land by conquest at some point or were granted land by someone else that took that land by conquest. Robert is Targareyen heir after death of Aerys, Rhaegar since all other Targs are children and we know children are often skipped in succession.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:07 AM, UFT said:

your responses are missing the point. 

stannis has already lost his whole army to her.

It's not much of a question though if he has already lost to her.  It's not a free choice: either he bends his knee like his supporters did after the Blackwater or he gets his head chopped off.  It's a much more interesting question if he has the ability to choose and to work out what is the right choice - as he did when agonising over whether to support Aerys or Robert during the Robellion.

2 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

It's not much of a question though if he has already lost to her.  It's not a free choice: either he bends his knee like his supporters did after the Blackwater or he gets his head chopped off.  It's a much more interesting question if he has the ability to choose and to work out what is the right choice - as he did when agonising over whether to support Aerys or Robert during the Robellion.

I agree except Daenerys won't be chopping off his head. Drogon will be melting his face. 

Archived