Worm 2 has started! [SPOILERS]

The Pita

Ward, the sequel to the web serial Worm, has started at the website http://www.parahumans.net. Website also includes a link to Worm.

Anyway, figured there should be a discussion thread, since I'm excited as hell about it and I wondered what people here think.

I'm personally excited about the return of Victoria, not as a squid thingy. And I really like the idea of super strength protagonists, even when their power is "Jack Braun but better". Anybody got any theories? Thoughts? Hatred of Worm?

I really liked Worm when I read it a few years ago, though I had a few issues with some of the plot developments towards the end.  But I'm not sure how much of it I can actually remember now.  I also think I started when the serial was either complete or very close to being complete, so I didn't have to wait much between chapters (I read it at a pretty rapid rate, which is probably part of why I don't recall much of it now).

So I guess I might try rereading Worm first (or at least skimming it a bit) then move on to this when it's a bit further advanced.

I didn't ever try Pact or Twig -- are they any good?

On 12/11/2017 at 0:42 AM, Slick Mongoose said:

Pretty cool to have a sequel, although I read the original after it was completed, so waiting for updates is gonna be tough.

I'm not convinced that Victoria still has her powers. I guess we'll find out pretty quickly. An unpowered protagonist might be more fun.

Yeah I read it all after it finished too. Still pretty psyched.

13 hours ago, Plessiez said:

I didn't ever try Pact or Twig -- are they any good?

There's some good stuff in Pact, though I found the ending rather less satisfying than Worm. Certainly worth giving it a go. I haven't really managed to get into Twig for some reason.

• 4 months later...

Archived