Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

I'm not sure what I feel about this one. The Three Days of the Condor provides a couple of building blocks that they have updated and turned into something ... well, pretty wildly different.

Also, they kind of missed a big beat not having Robert Redford in the William Hurt role. (Actually, in reality, I am pretty sure they asked and he said no. But still.)

YELLOWSTONE Trailer#2  (HD) Kevin Costner Western Series

THE SINNER Season 2 Official Trailer - Carrie Coon, Bill Pullman Series

Kiss Me First | Official Trailer | Channel 4 (UK); Netflix (international)

A lonely young woman hooked on a virtual reality game befriends a party girl, who leads her into a world of new thrills and dark secrets. From the creator of Skins, Kiss Me First arrives June 29th.

31 minutes ago, Ancalagon El Pistolero said:

Bodyguard: Trailer - BBC

Caught this announcement yesterday with the Luther tease. Guess this is why there's a gap in line of duty production?

Worth a watch based in the creators and Hawed is usually good (particularly when working with them on line of duty)

A Discovery of Witches Season 1 Trailer (2018) Sky Series starring Matthew Goode ,Teresa Palmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sy9Jzd5lU8

Also spotted in the trailer are Alex Kingston (Doctor Who) as Diana’s aunt Sarah Bishop, Valarie Pettiford (The Blacklist) as Sarah’s partner Emily Mather, Lindsey Duncan (The Leftovers) as Matthew’s mother Ysabeau, Owen Teale (Game of Thrones) as power-hungry witch Peter Knox, Edward Bluemel (House Finch) as vampire Marcus, and Daniel Ezra (BBC’s Undercover) as daemon Nathaniel Wilson.

The final season of Hans Rosenfeldt's excellent Scandinavian detective noir series The Bridge (Broen/Bron in Danish/Swedish respectively). Only one more episode left to air (this Friday); so far it has been excellent and true to form. I am kind of crushed that this amazing series is coming to a final conclusion after a relatively short period (4 seasons), but I am quite glad that they didn't stink it up, at least. 

The shows I'm most looking forward to (off the top of my head) that haven't aired yet, are Mr. Robot S4, The Deuce S2, Daredevil S3, and anything new that Netflix, Amazon or Hulu come up with... Condor looks really good, but we're behind so we haven't watched yet.

THE PURGE  (2018) - USA Network TV adaptation of 'The Purge' film series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw4OSNodml0

WELLINGTON PARANORMAL (2018) Taika Waititi Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxbN3Bp6f4

The clueless cops from What We Do in the Shadows have their own TV series now: Wellington Paranormal.The series hails from What We Do in the Shadows creators and stars Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement, and is set to hit New Zealand TV next month.Wellington Paranormal is set to debut on TVNZ (Television New Zealand) on July 11

Disenchantment | Teaser | Netflix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8vTGcv5Jc

Matt Groening takes us back. Way back.The series follows the story of Bean, an alcoholic princess, her elf companion Elfo, and her "personal demon" Luci, who live in a medieval kingdom known as Dreamland.

• 2 weeks later...

CASTLE ROCK Official Trailer (HD) Stephen King Horror Series

THE SINNER Season 2 Official Trailer - Bill Pullman, Carrie Coon Series

GHOUL (2018) Netflix Horror Series

From the makers of Insidious, Get Out and Udta Punjab - Ghoul is a chilling series about a prisoner who arrives at a remote military interrogation centre and turns the tables on his interrogators, exposing their most shameful secrets. You can fight the demons of this world but what about the ones that aren't?

Since I can’t be bothered to find the specific thread, OITNB Trailer is out and it looks like an utter shit show. I said I would reluctantly be back because of the cliffhanger end but now...nope

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Since I can’t be bothered to find the specific thread, OITNB Trailer is out and it looks like an utter shit show. I said I would reluctantly be back because of the cliffhanger end but now...nope

Season 4 ended marvelously and then the shitstorm began. I won't be tuning in for another season (I didn't even finish Season 5) as I want to live in the world where OITNB ended with Season 4.

49 minutes ago, Mexal said:

This is going to be interesting. Joss Wedon returning to TV with a new show with HBO, a sci fi epic called The Nevers.

Titled The Nevers, the series is described as “an epic science fiction drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.”

Says Whedon, who will serve as showrunner: “I honestly couldn’t be more excited. The Nevers is maybe the most ambitious narrative I’ve created, and I can’t imagine a better home for it than HBO. Not only are they the masters of cinematic long-form, but their instant understanding of my odd, intimate epic was as emotional as it was incisive. It’s been too long since I created an entirely new fictional world, and the HBO team offer not just scope and experience, not just ‘prestige,’ but a passionate collaboration. I could go on, but — I’m impatiently grateful to say — I have work to do.”

Hell yes.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:32 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Hell yes.

Definitely curious. Whedon's MO doesn't feel like a good fit for HBO to me and the description sounds like classic whedon so either HBO is open to different styles or whedon will go for a different execution. I guess Dollhouse had a very different tone so maybe it's just the description making this new show sound light-hearted and a fun romp.

Getting the director of avengers on board for a show seems like a good idea for HBO. Although his "fake feminist" issues and personal life make him less of a draw than 5-10 years ago.

I'd like to see him knock it out the park with an evolution in his approach to storytelling

This show needs James Marsters in it!

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

No joke!  I'll be really be really disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Victorian England would suit the guy who played spike perfectly. Throw in Anthony Head while they are at it.

Archived