Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

8 hours ago, red snow said:

Victorian England would suit the guy who played spike perfectly. Throw in Anthony Head while they are at it.

Although I hope they don't have David Boreanaz trying to do a 19th Century Irish accent again.

I think it’s scheduled for 2019 but the BBC has another of its 6-part adaptations of a classic, this time Les Miserables. Complete with obligatory Olivia Coleman!

i’ll definitely watch, I enjoyed War and Peace and Howard’s End

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Who Is America? (2018) | First Look | Sacha Baron Cohen SHOWTIME Series

I watched the first episode last night and thought it was terribly boring.  I did snicker a little when he got the senators/congressmen to read the malarky about arming "exceptional" students with guns in schools, and getting the art studio owner to cut off and give him some of her pubic hair.  The latter tells just how weird artist can be if something like that doesn't faze her.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:14 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I think it’s scheduled for 2019 but the BBC has another of its 6-part adaptations of a classic, this time Les Miserables. Complete with obligatory Olivia Coleman!

i’ll definitely watch, I enjoyed War and Peace and Howard’s End

As long as there's no singing I'll be watching this. Hated the Russell crowe musical and was left frustrated because I like the setting.

That preview had some surprises. I was unaware they had made a war of the worlds series.

The question is when they land could be anywhere from yesterday to Xmas. I thought Dr who was still a way off?

BBC releases new autumn drama trailer

The BBC released its new autumn drama trailer, full of treats like Doctor Who, Les Misérables and Jed Mercurio’s Bodyguard. But forget those: there are a few bona fide crime dramas in among them. Can you spot them?

Yes, we have Luther coming up, we have Sarah Phelps’ adaptation of Agatha Christie’s The ABC Murders (with John Malkovich as Poirot), there’s the Jenna Coleman-starring psychological thriller, The Cry, and we have the much anticipated Killing Eve. There’s also a John Le Carré adaptation – The Little Drummer Girl

5 hours ago, red snow said:

As long as there's no singing I'll be watching this. Hated the Russell crowe musical and was left frustrated because I like the setting.

That preview had some surprises. I was unaware they had made a war of the worlds series.

The question is when they land could be anywhere from yesterday to Xmas. I thought Dr who was still a way off?

From what I read it’s non-musical.

I think BBC actually produces some rather excellent dramas and there is a lot there which looked interesting. Very happy to see Killing Eve in there, been waiting for that to arrive.

Yeah no dates for any of these. And in fact the piece I read on Les Miserables said 2019 so could be any time really

21 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

From what I read it’s non-musical.

I think BBC actually produces some rather excellent dramas and there is a lot there which looked interesting. Very happy to see Killing Eve in there, been waiting for that to arrive.

Yeah no dates for any of these. And in fact the piece I read on Les Miserables said 2019 so could be any time really

Good to hear, look forward to giving Les miserables a go in that case. 

I think the new show by line of duty creators should be out soon at least

Homecoming - Official Teaser (2018) Julia Roberts Amazon Series

first look at Prime Video's upcoming mind-bending psychological thriller, Homecoming, starring Julia Roberts and directed by Sam Esmail (Creator of Mr. Robot). Homecoming premieres 11/2 on Prime Video.

Heidi Bergman is a caseworker at Homecoming, a Geist Group facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, living with her mother and working as a waitress, when a Department of Defense auditor questions why she left the Homecoming facility. Heidi quickly realizes that there’s a whole other story behind the story she’s been telling herself.

23 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

First proper trailer for Sons of Anarchy spin-off Mayans MC

It's eery how much the new lead resembles Jax from SoA. They could plausible play him off as a half brother. He even has the same facial hair and expressions.

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

Whats up with everyone using Radiohead these days?

Because Ok Computer is one of the best albums in history, and whoever handles their licensing is good at their job.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

Because Ok Computer is one of the best albums in history, and whoever handles their licensing is good at their job.

That's off of Kid A =P 

Just now, Relic said:

That's off of Kid A =P 

Hah. I know

I should just have said they're a great band, but the fact that they've an album as widely regarded kind of puts them on another level compared to many other bands that are about as good. So all of their stuff gets that veneer of greatness. (Except Pablo Honey. )

I think it's also because a lot of people who are involved in tv/film (or even just picking songs for them) are of an age where Radiohead was a big influence in them in their late teens/uni days. Nirvana and the pixies have also turned up in a lot of shows/films lately too. Moreso if you count instrumental covers or female vocalist versions.The fact they were probably the best band of the late 90s and remained good puts them at the top of the list. It also helps their music is timeless unlike oasis and blur who feel very 90s. That said I imagine blur/gorillaz will start turning up more with time too. 

Archived