Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

THE ROMANOFFS Official Trailer (HD) Christina Hendricks Amazon Series

MICHAEL MOORE'S TV NATION Official Teaser Trailer (HD) TBS

THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS Official Trailer (HD) Coen Brothers Netflix Anthology

CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Netflix Supernatural Series

MANIAC Trailer "Connections" (HD) Emma Stone Netflix Series

HILDA Official Trailer (HD) Netflix Graphic Novel Adaptation

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors (2018) Disney Animated Series

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs looks like it's going to be great fun spinning its yarns. Feels like it's throwing back to O Brother, Where Art Thou? (and not just because Tim Blake Nelson is playing the titular character).

The Romanoffs is still striking my fancy, too.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs looks really short though, just over 2 hours as a movie on IMDB.

I thought it would be more than that, more like 6 individual episodes of some length.

Romanoffs, it doesn't looks near as interesting as Mad Men did when I first saw that but it's still created by Weiner and thus intriguing, and I've always been somewhat interested in Romanoff family/descendants ( apparently more people are).

5 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Ballad of Buster Scruggs looks really short though, just over 2 hours as a movie on IMDB.

I thought it would be more than that, more like 6 individual episodes of some length.

Romanoffs, it doesn't looks near as interesting as Mad Men did when I first saw that but it's still created by Weiner and thus intriguing, and I've always been somewhat interested in Romanoff family/descendants ( apparently more people are).

You're right it is listed as having a total run time of 132 minutes which is a shame as I was hoping for a 6 hour miniseries. It still looks good just a surprise as I really thought it was going to be a series instead of a film.

For me the romanoffs is something I'm just going to have to try even if the trailers have yet to grab me. Is that one going to be an episode per Romanoff or is it going to be jumbling them all up? If it's the former then I guess it will be more in line with what I was expecting with "Ballad"

23 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hopefully Buster Scruggs will be a case of quality over quantity. The last Netflix western (Godless) did very little for me. 

I'd much rather have short but sweet. It just feels like most of the coverage implied it was longer. They will hopefully start promoting it as an original film

On 9/14/2018 at 11:23 AM, Nictarion said:

Hopefully Buster Scruggs will be a case of quality over quantity. The last Netflix western (Godless) did very little for me. 

I loved Godless.  Admittedly the first couple of episodes were a bit boring, but the last two were fantastic.

8 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Meh, I thought the whole thing was rather forgettable. Jeff Daniels was good, but that was about it. 

While I do understand that, I thought Michelle Dockery was absolutely perfect... Although that could be due to my crush I have on her :D 

First trailer for Dirty John

Written by Chance co-creator Alexandra Cunningham, Dirty John is based on the articles and podcast from Los Angeles Times reporter Christopher Goffard. It centres on John Meehan (Eric Bana), a handsome and romantic charmer who sweeps Debra Newell, played by Connie Britton, off her feet and pulls her into his web of lies. The series chronicles the true story of how a romance with Meehan spiralled into secrets, denial and manipulation.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Jordan Peele Series

Rod Serling and Jordan Peele's voices intertwine to reveal that Peele will host and narrate The Twilight Zone, a new original series coming to CBS All Access in 2019, filling Serling's iconic shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

TIN STAR Season 2 Trailer | Tim Roth, Christina Hendricks Sky Series

Wild District  | Netflix Colombian series

New Colombian series Wild District follows Jhon Jeiver (Juan Pablo Raba), a lethal guerrilla fighter who escapes the jungle after the signing of the Colombian Peace Agreements. He arrives in Bogotá escaping from his past, and tries to reinsert himself in society while looking to reconnect with his long lost family. But he soon finds himself wrapped in a web of crime and corruption, struggling to understand the ways of the concrete jungle, protect his family from his past, and faced with the moral dilemma of choosing what side of the law he wants to be on.

Baby | Teaser | Netflix

Netflix's second Italian original, a scripted series titled “Baby,” about teen prostitution in Rome.The true story of a prostitution ring with high school students from Rome's upscale Parioli neighborhood

Star Wars Resistance Sneak Peek Trailer Season 1 (2018) Disney Channel Series

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

TIN STAR Season 2 Trailer | Tim Roth, Christina Hendricks Sky Series

Wild District  | Netflix Colombian series

Baby | Teaser | Netflix

Star Wars Resistance Sneak Peek Trailer Season 1 (2018) Disney Channel Series

Thanks! Wild District sounds fantastic. I was dying waiting until November for Narcos.

It's the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia - on Netflix.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/10/03/the-chronicles-of-narnia-netflix-live-action-series/

For a laugh I started consider what an "urban" take on Narnia would be, if the Lonely Island song was the title theme song.  Aslan is the purveyor of a new form of ecstacy, and the White Witch the drug queen who wants to push a brand of heroin called Turkish Delight on the neighborhood of Narnia. The lamp post is a cash drop. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver run the last adult video store. Mr Tumnus is exactly the same as in the books. Peter Dinklage doesn't appear at all.

Origin  (2018) YouTube Premium sci-fi/space horror

From the producers of The Crown & producers of Lost comes Origin, a chilling new original series that follows a group of troubled passengers as they wake up on a damaged spaceship abandoned in deep space. Each having left behind a dark past in search of a fresh start on a newly colonized planet, they’re determined to survive at all costs. But as their terrifying situation spirals into paranoia, they come to realize that the greatest threat to their dream of starting over – and indeed their lives – is something far darker than the pasts they were so desperate to escape.The series, which stars Tom Felton and Natalia Tena, launches on the SVOD service on November 14.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:10 AM, SpaceChampion said:

It's the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia - on Netflix.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/10/03/the-chronicles-of-narnia-netflix-live-action-series/

For a laugh I started consider what an "urban" take on Narnia would be, if the Lonely Island song was the title theme song.  Aslan is the purveyor of a new form of ecstacy, and the White Witch the drug queen who wants to push a brand of heroin called Turkish Delight on the neighborhood of Narnia. The lamp post is a cash drop. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver run the last adult video store. Mr Tumnus is exactly the same as in the books. Peter Dinklage doesn't appear at all.

Surely Jadis is a climate change denier?

”How can there be global warming if it’s always so cold?”

Archived