Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

Regarding Altered Carbon not doing especially well, one option for Netflix might be to just wait and see what the numbers look like over the long term. The first season did a decent job of telling the story of the book, which is the first of a trilogy I believe. But you can view it as a complete standalone story, so it isn't like they're leaving us hanging. Also, if Joel Kinneman isn't available if/when it gets greenlit, that might actually work better given the concept of "sleeves".

13 hours ago, Pecan said:

Regarding Altered Carbon not doing especially well, one option for Netflix might be to just wait and see what the numbers look like over the long term. The first season did a decent job of telling the story of the book, which is the first of a trilogy I believe. But you can view it as a complete standalone story, so it isn't like they're leaving us hanging. Also, if Joel Kinneman isn't available if/when it gets greenlit, that might actually work better given the concept of "sleeves".

I think Kinneman has already stated someone else would play Kovacs if there was a second season.

11 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Wonder when Netflix will get the 3rd season of Gomorra here in my region? Im almost binged through Season 1&2 and hoping not to wait a whole year to dive into a 3rd season.

The Sundance Channel aired seasons 1 and 2 here in the US, but I haven't found any information on season 3. I'm hoping it isn't just Netflix this time around. Sundance aired 1 and 2 about this time the previous two years and I'm jonesing for it.

I'm very happy that the second season of Imposters is premiering this week.  Does anyone else watch this show?  In the US it airs on Bravo and it was one of my favorite shows last year.  A black comedy with con artists.  The main actress, Inbar Lavi, really does a phenomenal job with all the different looks she has to take on as she goes from one con job to the next.  And the added bonus of some guest appearances by Uma Thurman as a fixer.

13 hours ago, Astromech said:

The Sundance Channel aired seasons 1 and 2 here in the US, but I haven't found any information on season 3. I'm hoping it isn't just Netflix this time around. Sundance aired 1 and 2 about this time the previous two years and I'm jonesing for it.

Okay thanks. And Sundance would work fine for me as well since they are one of my cable channels.

On 4/6/2018 at 10:30 PM, Knight of Ashes said:

I'll give The Expanse a go.

You won't regret it...

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

@Risto 3% season two hits netflix 27th April! I know you and a couple of others enjoyed season one like me but I couldn't recall who else there was 

Wow, those are amazing news... Thanks, @HelenaExMachina :D 

35 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's a long way off but Amazon is developing "east of West" which has the potential to be a spectacular show.

This and Lazarus are a couple of my favorite monthly books that I hope get off the ground eventually. 

51 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

This and Lazarus are a couple of my favorite monthly books that I hope get off the ground eventually. 

Same here. Two of the solo books that manage to have an interesting world. Although I'm a bit behind on Lazarus after the hiatus and fill in mini series.

Both seem very well suited to TV adaptation although I guess east of West could be expensive. But with Amazon cash behind it it's possible.

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I'm still reading Gomorrah but was thinking I'd give ZeroZeroZero a shot before the end of the year. Interesting that they're not going with an Italian cast like Gomorrah and Suburra.

Archived