Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

Carrie Coon to star in season 2 of The Sinner

EW has confirmed that Carrie Coon, who can currently be seen as Proxima Midnight in Avengers: Infinity War, has been cast to follow in Jessica Biel’s footsteps as the new lead of the USA Network drama. She’ll play Vera, “a formidable, mysterious woman who struggles between upholding the ideals of the community she leads and fulfilling her own desires.” USA has also announced that The Sinner’s second season will premiere in August.

Season 2 will bring Detective Harry Ambrose (Bill Pullman) back to his rural New York hometown to investigate a new, gruesome crime: parents murdered by their 11-year-old son, with no apparent motive. Also joining the cast opposite Pullman and Coon are Natalie Paul (The Deuce) as Heather, a local detective-in-training who calls for Ambrose’s help, and Hannah Gross (Mindhunter) as Marin, Heather’s high school best friend, who disappeared from town.

Mayans MC Teaser Trailer Season 1 (2018) FX Series

It looks or at least I hope that Castle Rock might be a better "bit of everyking" than the dark tower film was.

I shall be resisting Mayans if it's the same creative team as SoA. That show was a farce for the last several seasons. Sort of fun if you embraced the silliness of it (like grand theft auto the TV show) and rolled with the silent montages with guest music if the week (often sung by a cast member)

Didn't realize deadly class was that far along.

The passage in curious about. I'd be surprised if they follow the book's structure. I suspect it's more likely they use flashbacks.

Missions - BBC Four

In the not-too-distant future, the first ever manned mission to Mars is launched by the eccentric Swiss billionaire William Meyer (Mathias Mlekuz). Meyer himself forms part of the eight-strong crew, which also includes a famous married Astronaut couple (played by Giorgia Sinicorni and Christophe Vandevelde) plus mission psychiatrist Jeanne Renoir (Hélène Viviès, pictured) - a last-minute addition to the team.

12 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Too Old To Die Young Teaser Trailer (2018) Nicolas Winding Refn Amazon Series

Yep. That's Refn alright. Wow. Also made me realize that he could be brilliant adapting 100 Bullets.

12 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Too Old To Die Young Teaser Trailer (2018) Nicolas Winding Refn Amazon Series

I see that Ed Brubaker helped write this. He always does crime stuff really well. I’ll have to check this out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sacred Games, July 6 -- Netflix Original from Vikram Chandra's novel, inspired by George Eliot's Middlemarch -- sprawling, vast canvas of communities and interconnected characters, but in 20th century Mumbai, centered on a police detective.  I loved the novel when it was published back in 2006.  This has everything to be very good.  So my hopes are up, but one can so often be disappointed.

I was thinking of giving up netflix because the mediocrity and the drive to become meh tv -- all the reality, talk, stand up comedy show, animations, catering to adolescents or those who think they still are adolescents, horror, and the glut of Asian martial arts blahblahblah.

It was the next seasons The Last Kingdom, Narcos, Peaky Blinders and Gomorrah -- and hopes that there might some other historical in the pipeline like Marco Polo, that was keeping me going until this.

Honestly for the month of June there is NOTHING on the lists of their new releases that interests me in the least, except perhaps, Luke Cage, which from early commentators sounds more comic book than the opening episodes of the first season were, so I dunno.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:57 AM, red snow said:

It looks or at least I hope that Castle Rock might be a better "bit of everyking" than the dark tower film was.

I shall be resisting Mayans if it's the same creative team as SoA. That show was a farce for the last several seasons. Sort of fun if you embraced the silliness of it (like grand theft auto the TV show) and rolled with the silent montages with guest music if the week (often sung by a cast member)

I'll probably be giving Mayans a chance when it gets out, as bad as the latter season were I feel like they still have some goodwill with me left over from the early ones.

10 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I'll probably be giving Mayans a chance when it gets out, as bad as the latter season were I feel like they still have some goodwill with me left over from the early ones.

If it gets exceptional reviews, I may give it a chance.  The Bastard Executioner was straight shit.

20 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I loved the first two seasons as well but 5 meh to outright silly seasons after that makes me very cautious. 

If Mayans somehow proves a return to form I'll certainly consider watching after season one. It's not like watching in UK has a lot of influence on these shows being renewed.

14 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Sharp Objects (2018) Official Trailer | HBO

They've been advertising this in cinemas in UK so it's getting a big push. No idea what it's about from the trailer but Amy Adams is a good enough reason to try it out

Archived