Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

On 11/11/2018 at 5:38 AM, red snow said:

These all look good. One of the great things about Netflix is how they've opened up the world to worldwide entertainment. Not just by making it easy to access but by promoting the shows too. 

After playing undead redemption with cowboys and zombies I'm surprised there aren't more historical zombie stories around. Kingdom looks like a good addition.

The dogs of Berlin is well timed with Turkish organised crime constantly being in Berlin news along with Berlin political corruption and controversies over German football players meeting with erdogan. This looks like a timely mash up and as long as it is even handed and not too "good Vs bad" could be a good show.

It's sort of ridiculous how I initially thought "it's in polish" when I'm watching all these other shows with subtitles (although I can barely grasp German ones). 

I'm struggling with man in high castle and the "what if ww2 went differently" genre lately (there was a BBC one that I only managed one episode of). But I do like the 80s setting particularly with a spy/cold war backdrop.

Looks like I need to add some more reminders on Netflix

Thanks for putting this up.  I'll definitely give it a try.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, Astromech said:

Of course, I'll, be watching s5 of The Vikings. As sharply as it has plummeted in quality, I still watch it. Can't wait to gripe about it in the forum thread :) 

For you!  

Kris Holden-Reid has a part (as a viking) this mid-season.  As he's one of my all-time favorite actors to watch, ever since The Tudors and Lost Girl, I may have to watch anyway.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

For you!  

Kris Holden-Reid has a part (as a viking) this mid-season.  As he's one of my all-time favorite actors to watch, ever since The Tudors and Lost Girl, I may have to watch anyway.

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

You and me both.

Haha, it looks like this season will center primarily around Kattegatt. Uh oh! That has been one of the worst arcs in recent seasons.

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS Season 3 Teaser

The Truth About Killer Robots | HBO

Engineers, factory workers, journalists, philosophers and Isaac Asimov (Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics) share cautionary tales of a world controlled by artificial intelligence. Directed by Maxim Pozdorovkin. Premieres Nov 26 at 10PM on HBO.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE GAUNTLET Official Trailer (HD) Netflix Series

On 11/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, BigFatCoward said:

New Attenborough this Sunday on BBC. 5 parter with each episode devoted to one animal. First episode is chimps. 

This looks very good, will check that.

The Netflix series is the one they've been working many years on, Netflix's "Planet Earth".

• 2 weeks later...

PERFUME (2018) Netflix

Patrick Süskind’s best-selling novel about smell, passion and serial killing gets a shocking contemporary spin. While in boarding school, a group of six become friends through their intense passion for scent. When one is brutally murdered years later, disturbing secrets about the group are revealed when the police investigates each as a suspect. Perfume arrives on Netflix on December 21st.

42 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

PERFUME (2018) Netflix

Wow. They have managed to turn what I always enjoyed as a quite magical tale, both book and movie, into the blandest type of nordi-murder drama.. seemingly removing anything that made the original interesting. Quite a feat.

Das Boot trailer

Hulu has picked up U.S. rights to Das Boot, the series sequel to Wolfgang Petersen's Oscar-nominated anti-war classic from 1981.

The new Das Boot, an eight-hour miniseries set in the period just following Petersen's film, has presold to more than 100 territories ahead of its debut.

In addition to Hulu, Starzplay has nabbed the mini for France and Latin America, while AMC has picked up rights for Spain and Portugal. SBS took Australia and MNET nabbed rights in South Africa, among other deals.

Sky Deutschland, which produced Das Boot with Bavaria Fiction and Sonar Entertainment, will premiere the series across German-speaking Europe on Nov. 23. It will go out simultaneously on Sky in the U.K. and Ireland. Sky Italia will air the series later in the year.

Budgeted at just over $30 million, Das Boot features stars Vicky Krieps (The Phantom Thread), Tom Wlaschiha (Game of Thrones), August Wittgenstein (The Crown), Lizzy Caplan (Masters of Sex), James D'Arcy (Broadchurch), Vincent Kartheiser (Mad Men) alongside up-and-coming talents including Rick Okan, Pit Bukowski, Philip Birnstiel and Julius Feldmeier. Andreas Prochaska (The Dark Valley) directed.

The story, from co-writers Tony Saint and Johannes W. Betz, starts in the fall of 1942, after the Allies have cracked the German military's Enigma code and can track the movement of their submarine fleets. Serving on a German U-boot becomes little more than a suicide mission. The new series follows the crew of an ill-fated submarine that launches on its inaugural mission from Nazi-occupied France, as well as the stories of the family and friends they leave behind and that of French resistance fighters taking on the Nazi regime from the inside.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Das Boot trailer

Hopefully sky uk gets this too as i suspect it'll wind up on the "additional charge on top of prime" starzplay on Amazon UK.

If its a direct sequel i might need to rewatch the original. It's been a long time, i can't even remember if it was the shortened or full length version

5 hours ago, red snow said:

Hopefully sky uk gets this too as i suspect it'll wind up on the "additional charge on top of prime" starzplay on Amazon UK.

If its a direct sequel i might need to rewatch the original. It's been a long time, i can't even remember if it was the shortened or full length version

From AtB’s post :P 

Sky Deutschland, which produced Das Boot with Bavaria Fiction and Sonar Entertainment, will premiere the series across German-speaking Europe on Nov. 23. It will go out simultaneously on Sky in the U.K. and Ireland. Sky Italia will air the series later in the year.

A show I've been waiting for is S2 of Bordertown aka "Sorjonen" as it is known in Finland where it is made. S1 was on Netflix last year and it was great. Now the second season is out, but it seems not yet picked up by Netflix or anyone else. I hope this changes soon as S1 was very entertaining.

Berlin Station Season 3 Trailer

Intense as always, Epix’s Berlin Station is back for its third season on Sunday, December 2 with uncanny geopolitical timeliness once again.

Now showrun by former House of Cards producer Jason Horwitch, this diamond-in-the-rough CIA thriller moves outside the German capital this year, but the intrigue level translates quite effectively as horizons broaden and Russian motivations come to the fore. Richard Armitage, Michelle Forbes, Keke Palmer, Rhys Ifans, Ashley Judd, Richard Jenkins and Leland Orser are all back, with highly effective new additions in Ismael Cruz Córdova and James Cromwell.

“Berlin Station becomes the tip of the spear, Fort Apache, out in front of an unfolding global crisis of Russia’s making,” the former House of Cards and Luke Cage producer adds of the Epix spy drama.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, Heartofice said:

Wow. They have managed to turn what I always enjoyed as a quite magical tale, both book and movie, into the blandest type of nordi-murder drama.. seemingly removing anything that made the original interesting. Quite a feat.

Ha. The book was great, the film ok - I think I'll leave it there.

I have a big soft spot for The 4400. I was sad that it just tapered off that way.

And I just watched a trailer on Fox for The Passage. Little bit (hesitantly) excited for it. 

ETA Urghhh Ridley Scott though. 

I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see mention of this. Apologies if it's ac repeat. 

Anyways, pretty excited! I love Tana French. This series on BBC and Starz will cover In the Woods and The Likeness. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/starz-picks-up-dublin-murders-based-tana-french-novels-1165694

Oh cool, thanks.  It’ll be interesting to see if they can pull off the tension of the books.  The intense interview scenes in Line of Duty always kind remind me of the interrogation scenes in the Dublin books.

Les Misérables: Trailer - BBC

BBC One’s Les Misérables. New, epic six-part adaptation written by Andrew Davies.

Cast:
Dominic West as Jean Valjean
David Oyelowo as Javert
Lily Collins as Fantine
Adeel Akhtar as Thenardier
Olivia Colman as Madame Thenardier
Ellie Bamber as Cosette
Josh O’Connor as Marius

22 hours ago, kairparavel said:

I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see mention of this. Apologies if it's ac repeat. 

Anyways, pretty excited! I love Tana French. This series on BBC and Starz will cover In the Woods and The Likeness. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/starz-picks-up-dublin-murders-based-tana-french-novels-1165694

Thanks for reminding me In the Woods has been collecting dust on my bookshelf for about three years now :( 

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Les Misérables: Trailer - BBC

I'm excited to see an adaptation that looks to be based on the novel rather than an adaptation of the musical adaptation of the novel. One of my favorite novels. I just hope I don't have to wait too long for it to air here in the States.

Archived