Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

A Series of Unfortunate Events: Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix

This looks promising:

Gangs of London: Gareth Evans Series to Star Joe Cole and Sope Dirisu

Gareth Evans, the action visionary behind The Raid, co-created TV series Gangs of London for HBO’s Cinemax and Sky Atlantic.Gangs of London, a co-production of HBO/Sky with Pulse Films and Sister Pictures and is (per a $250 million deal,) set for HBO’s Cinemax and Sky Atlantic, as first reported back in November 2017. Evans initially described the series as “a multicultural world of global crime as it intersects on the streets of London.”

Evans will direct most of the 10-part series and use his Raid repertoire to handle complex choreographed fight scenes across the season. However, he'll share the duty of director with Corin Hardy (The Nun, The Hallow), who will handle three episodes, and French helmer Xavier Gens (Hitman, The Divide) who will shoot three episodes.

Joe Cole (Peaky Blinders, Pure) and Sope Dirisu (Humans, The Huntsman: Winter’s War) have been tapped to co-star in Gangs of London. They will be joined in the cast by the following:

Lucian Msamati (Black Earth Rising), Michelle Fairley (Game of Thrones), Mark Lewis Jones (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Narges Rashidi (The Girlfriend Experience), Jing Lusi (Crazy Rich Asians), Pippa Bennett-Warner (Harlots), Brian Vernel (Dunkirk), Orli Shuka (War Machine), Richard Harrington (Poldark), Jude Akuwidike (Beasts of No Nation) and Emmett J Scanlan (Peaky Blinders).

Gangs of London will be set in a version of contemporary London that has been ripped apart by the destructive power struggles of international criminal organizations. The situation becomes a powder keg with the inciting incident of the assassination of the leader of a major criminal organization, which creates a power vacuum that makes the city rife for warfare amongst the underworld.

Gangs of London is eyeing a launch for U.S. and U.K. viewers sometime in 2019.

I am sure this has been mentioned but I just came across it today. HBO has a series coming out mid 2019 based on The Watchmen. Will be interested to see how it's handled, HBO is definitely the place for this group.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I am sure this has been mentioned but I just came across it today. HBO has a series coming out mid 2019 based on The Watchmen. Will be interested to see how it's handled, HBO is definitely the place for this group.

There is a whole thread on it somewhere. Although tbh it’s mostly the same arguments over rights repeated over and over again every few months...

18 hours ago, Mexal said:

This excites me immensely, especially knowing it's being created by Jonathan Tropper. Bring back Banshee level pulp!

That nugget of information has switched me from "mildly curious" to "shit this could actually be good". "Banshee" had brutal fight scenes

• 3 weeks later...

Kingdom | Official Trailer #2 | Netflix

BBC Drama 2019. Get Obsessed. | OFFICIAL TRAILER

BBC Drama is set to bring audiences even more top British drama in 2019, and is the place to find your next drama obsession…
2019 kicks off with Idris Elba making his long-awaited return in the award-winning Luther, while BBC One fan favourites Call The Midwife and Silent Witness also return this January.

The Missing writers are soon to bring to screens thrilling new drama Baptiste starring Tchéky Karyo and Tom Hollander, and Suranne Jones will star as Anne Lister in Gentleman Jack, the remarkable Regency landowner who sets her sights on marrying Ann Walker, played by Sophie Rundle.

Hotly anticipated Line of Duty returns with Stephen Graham as the new guest lead and Peaky Blinders makes its move to BBC One.

Dublin Murders will introduce Killian Scott and Sarah Greene as detectives Rob Reilly and Cassie Maddox, the characters drawn from Tana French’s bestselling Dublin Murder Squad novels, and Emma Thompson leads a dynamic cast for new drama Years & Years, a unique and ambitious drama charting one family surviving the future.

Richard Gere will star alongside Helen McCrory and Billy Howle in political and psychological thriller, MotherFatherSon. As much a family saga as it is savage, it is an unflinching study of power, and how even the mightiest of empires can be in peril when a family turns on each other.

Babou Ceesay and Jill Halfpenny lead the cast of Dark Mon£y, a new topical drama which sees an ordinary London family decide to accept a substantial pay-off from a renowned filmmaker to keep silent about the abuse of their youngest son.

Julia Ormond and Ben Barnes star in distinctive emotional thriller Gold Digger, telling the story of a wealthy 60-year old woman falling in love with a man 26 years her junior, and Holby City celebrates its 20th anniversary.

Further BBC Drama highlights include an adaptation of critically acclaimed young adult novel Noughts and Crosses, Trigonometry – a love story about three people who are made for each other, the fifth and final series of Poldark, and Golden Globe nominated and BBC iPlayer box set smash hit Killing Eve will also return to screens for a second series. Other 2019 BBC Drama titles will be announced in due course.

Brexit: The Uncivil War | Monday 7 Jan 9pm | Channel 4

The two-hour drama stars Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) as Dominic Cummings, the lead strategist and Campaign Director of Vote Leave; and Rory Kinnear (Skyfall) as Craig Oliver, Prime Minister David Cameron’s Director of Communications, overseeing the Remain campaign’s communications strategy. Toby Haynes directed from a script by James Graham. HBO has since boarded as the U.S. broadcaster.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:38 PM, Mexal said:

This excites me immensely, especially knowing it's being created by Jonathan Tropper. Bring back Banshee level pulp!

I quite enjoyed Banshee, yes it was ridiculous at times but it was fun!.

I won’t lie I’m not overly excited about the return of GoT but at the same time I do want to see it concluded, hopefully without any harming of fire breathing endangered species.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:00 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

First Look at Game of Thrones, Euphoria, Watchmen & Big Little Lies #HBO2019

Oooh, yes to all of those, and I totally forgot about Watchmen. Also True Detective S3 looks promising.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:14 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Catastrophe returns tonight on Channel 4. Can’t for the life of me remember who else was an enthusiastic fan of this like me... maybe @PetyrPunkinhead?

Yus! So glad this is returning. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's hitting Amazon Prime in the US at the same time as the UK. Hopefully it doesn't take that long to get over here.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

First Look at Game of Thrones, Euphoria, Watchmen & Big Little Lies #HBO2019

I'm most interested in that Catherine the Great series or film.

Archived