Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Horses provided by the Devil's Horsemen team. 

Horses that understand and possess extensive experience with Make Up and Stylists!  Cover horses!

I'm joking, but not entirely.  One of the primary reasons I watch these sorts of programs really is the horses.  This started when a little kid, sitting with my dad and watching his western dvds.  If the horses weren't good I was disappointed.

MotherFatherSon (BBC)

Richard Gere plays Max, a charismatic self-made American businessman with media outlets in London and around the world. Helen McCrory plays Kathryn, a British heiress who has been estranged from Max following the breakdown of their marriage some years before. Their 30 year-old son, Caden (Billy Howle), runs Max’s UK newspaper and is primed to follow in his father’s footsteps as one of the most powerful men in the world. But when Caden’s self-destructive lifestyle spirals out of control, the devastating consequences threaten the future of the family, its empire, and a country on the brink of change…

Cast

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

I'm surprised no one in the thread has appeared to mention the Penny Dreadful revival.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/penny-dreadful-revived-at-showtime-1157048

Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, set in the 1930s.

There was a very brief discussion around here when news of that spin-off was released. I remember the responses being a  bit tepid. I am of the firm opinion it is not Penny Dreadful without Eva Green.

9 minutes ago, Astromech said:

There was a very brief discussion around here when news of that spin-off was released. I remember the responses being a  bit tepid. I am of the firm opinion it is not Penny Dreadful without Eva Green.

Rory kinnear is apparently back though

Stephen King's The Stand officially becoming a new TV series

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/30/stephen-king-the-stand-tv-series/

It’s finally official: Stephen King’s apocalyptic novel The Stand is becoming a new limited series.

The 1978 fan favorite has been greenlit as a 10-episode event series for the streaming service CBS All Access.

“I’m excited and so very pleased that The Stand is going to have a new life on this exciting new platform,” King said in a statement. “The people involved are men and women who know exactly what they’re doing; the scripts are dynamite. The result bids to be something memorable and thrilling. I believe it will take viewers away to a world they hope will never happen.”

20 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Stephen King's The Stand officially becoming a new TV series

https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/30/stephen-king-the-stand-tv-series/

10 hours seems about right for an adaptation. They could easily expand and develop into multi-seasons but a relatively punchy attempt is best.

I watched the original TV show and while I recall it being great at the time, let's just say it hasn't aged well and highlights just how good modern TV can be. It's not like the actors are bad in the show (plenty of evidence elsewhere to suggest they aren't) but there's a feeling of "we only have so many takes so that one will do" about it. Also they really need to alter some aspects of the adaptation eg the ending and scenes like hypnotising someone with learning difficulties to become a spy.

Would still rather have the Dark Tower show but I can understand why they are keeping that one on the backburner while the stink dies down from the recent film. Shame CBS can't get the rights to a few of the King properties. They seem super keen on franchising the hell out of star trek so creating a Dark Tower King-verse could be an option for them. The Stand is a key component, along with Salem's lot. They could get some mileage out of them and the Tower series alone. 

Really hope the Baptiste show can maintain the quality of the "missing" shows. The recent "two brothers" productions have been disappointing - i couldn't even finish "strangers".

City in a hill sounds potentially great and worth a try. 

Hanna i suspect will be another Amazon show i will intend to watch but never succeed in getting around to.

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The Hanna show really looks like it’s just shot for shotting the movie but with extra bits. Why??? 

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The Hanna show really looks like it’s just shot for shotting the movie but with extra bits. Why??? 

This post look like it it’s just shot for shotting the previous post. Why???

i couldn’t really resist. Not even sorry ;) 

Season 2 of the the Finnish cop show Bordertown just came out on Netflix.  The first few episodes are very good, at least in my opinion.  I think one reason I like this show is the scenery. It makes me want to go on vacation in Finland. :D

5 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Season 2 of the the Finnish cop show Bordertown just came out on Netflix.  The first few episodes are very good, at least in my opinion.  I think one reason I like this show is the scenery. It makes me want to go on vacation in Finland. :D

As an aside, Finland is one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been.

Archived