Upcoming TV Series of 2018/2019 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

28 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Season 2 of the the Finnish cop show Bordertown just came out on Netflix.  The first few episodes are very good, at least in my opinion.  I think one reason I like this show is the scenery. It makes me want to go on vacation in Finland. :D

On the basis of the trailer for the second season I began looking at the first season -- and for much the same reason, the location.  It's not often we see Finland around here.  A friend is Finnish descent and he makes a lot of it -- and I've been brought back very nice gifts from visits to Finland -- so, ya, give it a shot.  It's holding my interest so far.  At the moment there's a lot to watch, plus I'm going away for about week in the middle of next week, so it will be a while before I get to season 2.

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but Brandon Sanderson is pitching recently a series focusing on a character that becomes a Dark One.  It was be a TV series and Novel series -- I suppose the first time a series develop on two platforms simultaneously?  This was first reported by in the summer, but he had a pitch meeting for it yesterday.

Where is the WOT writer's room located?  If directly at Amazon, then I'd assume he's pitching Dark One at Amazon too.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:12 AM, SpaceChampion said:

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but Brandon Sanderson is pitching recently a series focusing on a character that becomes a Dark One.  It was be a TV series and Novel series -- I suppose the first time a series develop on two platforms simultaneously?  This was first reported by in the summer, but he had a pitch meeting for it yesterday.

Where is the WOT writer's room located?  If directly at Amazon, then I'd assume he's pitching Dark One at Amazon too.

I'm surprised no one else has wandered into a meeting with the pitch "breaking bad with gandalf" (which i guess is pretty much saruman).

Also scratching my head at how "the first law" has never been sniffed at for TV.

I guess the good thing with sanderson is that he has plenty of books if they want to adapt any of them. Do any fit the tv pitch?

22 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm surprised no one else has wandered into a meeting with the pitch "breaking bad with gandalf" (which i guess is pretty much saruman).

Also scratching my head at how "the first law" has never been sniffed at for TV.

I guess the good thing with sanderson is that he has plenty of books if they want to adapt any of them. Do any fit the tv pitch?

The first law isn t really material for tv. The ending to too abrupt and dark it would need a lot of work in that part.

I think they could make movies of it, but a tv series would need a lot of work on the source material.

29 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Huh. feels like that explains what was going on in Culver City when someone photoed a room with whiteboards and photos clearly breaking down Joe Abercrombie's books for some "not-a-movie" adaptation.

2 hours ago, divica said:

The first law isn t really material for tv. The ending to too abrupt and dark it would need a lot of work in that part.

I think they could make movies of it, but a tv series would need a lot of work on the source material.

not as abruptly as the source material for GOT ;)

4 hours ago, divica said:

The battles would be really tough to do justice to without a massive budget as well.  It took Game of Thrones about four seasons of crazy success to get the budget to start doing justice to its battles.  The Battle of the Blackwater looks like amateur hour compared to what the show can do now.

LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS Official Trailer (HD) Tim Miller, David Fincher Animated Anthology Series

Sentient dairy products, werewolf soldiers, robots gone wild, garbage monsters, cyborg bounty hunters, alien spiders and blood-thirsty demons from hell - all converge in eighteen NSFW animated stories. Presented by Tim Miller & David Fincher. Love Death + Robots lands on Netflix March 15th

WARRIOR Official Trailer (HD) Cinemax Bruce Lee Series.Warrior premieres April 5.

Hanna Season 1 - Official Trailer | Prime Video

THE HOT ZONE Official Trailer (HD) Julianna Margulies Ebola Series

In 1989, Ebola landed on U.S. soil. After appearing in a research lab in D.C., a heroic U.S. Army scientist put her life on the line to prevent an outbreak. Inspired by true events and starring Julianna Margulies, THE HOT ZONE premieres this Memorial Day.

Suburra, season 2, starts on netflix Friday.  Just in time.  I haven't watched anything in weeks, first because too busy, and then because I was working down on the Gulf.  As I got back last night and it is snowing, it rather feels as if coming back was a mistake . . . .

Colin Farrell to star in BBC Two thriller

Golden Globe-winner Colin Farrell has boarded the BBC Two four-part thriller The North Water, being adapted and directed by multi award-winning Andrew Haigh (Lean On Pete, Looking, Weekend). Based on the critically acclaimed novel from Ian McGuire, this tale of murder, mystery and survival has topped critic’s lists around the world and was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize and named A New York Times Book Review Editors’ Choice.

Set in the UK and the ice floes of the Arctic in the late 1850s, The North Water tells the story of Patrick Sumner, a disgraced ex-army surgeon who signs up as ship’s doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic. On board he meets Henry Drax (Farrell), the harpooner, a brutish killer whose amorality has been shaped to fit the harshness of his world. Hoping to escape the horrors of his past, Sumner finds himself on an ill-fated journey with a murderous psychopath. In search of redemption, his story becomes a harsh struggle for survival in the Arctic wasteland.

Filming will begin in this autumn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived