No mention this season regarding "who should get the Dreadfort"

A Ghost of Someone

2 hours ago, Zapho said:

The coup couldn't have been successful without some significant support. All of Dorne, however, seems unlikely. When you take out the leaders of a coup, it's to be expected that the opposition to the coup rears its head. Dorne is probably busy with itself right now.

The thing here isn't that it's illogical, the details are not included in the show. Like it or not, the show runners have decided that they don't want to delve into politics or strategy too deeply. It's probably the right decision too, they should leave this stuff to GRRM and the books.

I agree with that. They didn’t bother to show any of the Dornish politics etc other than a few lines in season 5 and the coup while unlikely could very well be logical. Personally, I am ok with that. I didn’t need more Dorne in my life and the show already was straining under having too many characters and made the decision to prioritize the story of seven characters and show only what was necessary of the rest. Thats a reasonable artistic decision. 

2 hours ago, Rhodan said:

The more and more prevailing sentiment I would say is that they simply shouldn´t use Dorne in the show, which was the original intention after all.  

This would have been best. Or if you have to show it limit it to one sand snake who you can actually develop. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 9:36 PM, Rhodan said:

The more and more prevailing sentiment I would say is that they simply shouldn´t use Dorne in the show, which was the original intention after all.  

Myrcella makes it kinda impossible to cut out because Maggy's prophecy is a prominent aspect of Cersie's character and we need to see the prophecy unravel. Kinda hard to cut Dorne when Myrcella is there.

Not to mention Oberyn being such a great character....

1 hour ago, Skyrazer said:

Myrcella makes it kinda impossible to cut out because Maggy's prophecy is a prominent aspect of Cersie's character and we need to see the prophecy unravel. Kinda hard to cut Dorne when Myrcella is there.

Not to mention Oberyn being such a great character....

I don´t know what was originally supposed to happen wih Myrcella, but she could be just send back to KL, accompanied with one dornish character and die there. And yes, Oberyn was great character and his legacy was kinda tarnished.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived