A wight Daenerys...

Angel Eyes

On 15-11-2017 at 3:16 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Would she be fireproof? That’s a scary thought...

Targaryens aren't fireproof, they can sustain hotter temparatures than average people, but they aren't immune to fire in any way. The Pyre in book one where the Dragons were born was a one-time magical thing, nothing more.

TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE!

The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wondrous, a miracle. She is called the Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

GRRM, SSM 1428

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 3:36 AM, Knekse said:

Yeah, maybe that was also a one-time magical thing, perhaps it wil happen in the books as well... Dany is with the Dothraki at the end of ADWD. So I don't see that there's any proof that Dany is fire-proof in the show.

Was it magical?

• 9 months later...
On 12/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Was it magical?

I read that the birth of her dragons in the inferno was a one time magical occurrence because of Mirri sacrificing herself to birth the dragons. But that was for the book, I think the show does portray her as being immune to fire. I remember the scolding bath scene where it didn't bother her.

1 hour ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I read that the birth of her dragons in the inferno was a one time magical occurrence because of Mirri sacrificing herself to birth the dragons. But that was for the book, I think the show does portray her as being immune to fire. I remember the scolding bath scene where it didn't bother her.

And what I’m asking is (theoretically) what would happen to Daenerys in the show if she became a wight, since she’s immune to fire?

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

And what I’m asking is (theoretically) what would happen to Daenerys in the show if she became a wight, since she’s immune to fire?

I wonder if her death would kill the fire immunity? I feel like if she did come back as a Wight she would no longer have that immunity, just like living people can heal but wights cannot. But that is just a theory...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:16 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Would she be fireproof? That’s a scary thought...

That's something the crazy show would do.  I doubt the story is headed that way in the books.  We already have a future wight in Jon Snow.  No need for another.  

• 5 months later...

GRRM said that Beric and Lady Stonheart are kind of "wights of fire". They're undead as well.
So I'm guessing there are all different kinds of wights and undead people with specific stuff around ow they function.

Beric is different from stone heart, who is different from Small Paul, who is going to be different from Jon Snow, etc etc.

I like how people forget big parts of the show. Show Dany is for all intent and purpose fire proof, 3 separate times, the dragon eggs that were in the fire, then the funeral pyre, then the Dosh Khaleen(sp?) fire, where she graps the red hot urns and dumps them over creating an inferno, walks out naked and unscathed.   Book Dany, per GRRM isn't. 

So would a raised wight Dany be fire proof... my guess would be no, since she is now just a body, the magic used to raise her over writes the existing magic? We haven't seen any warging or greenseers in the army of the undead so I base my answer on that.

Archived