Sexual Assault Scandals 3- the Fempire Strikes Back

Kelli Fury

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What is a "Chode"?  I've never seen that word before.

From the Online etymology dictionary:

choad also chode, "penis," c. 1968, U.S. teen slang, of unknown origin. Guesses include supposed Navajo chodis "penis" ["Cassell's Dictionary of Slang" 2005], or a supposed Hindi, Bengali or Gujarati vernacular word for "copulate" ["New Hacker's Dictionary," 1996].

Evidently some people are now expanding the term to the sorts of pejorative meanings that "dick" and "tool" now have. 

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What is a "Chode"?  I've never seen that word before.

It's a penis that has more gerth in its width than its length. At least that's what Urban Dictionary states.

If you aren't already in a romantic relationship with that person?

Why do you have to be in a "romantic" relationship? What if the relationship is merely casual?

Because it's pretty disgusting to expect that because you are temporarily sharing a living space with someone that it somehow means, without any prior expectation, that you are entitled to have sex with that person.

So expectation and sense of entitlement are similar in concept and meaning?

It turns a friend who you see as a human being into nothing more than an object of sexual desire. 

Isn't anyone whom you bear a sexual attraction the "object of [your] sexual desire"?

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Evidently some people are now expanding the term to the sorts of pejorative meanings that "dick" and "tool" now have. 

As I understand, a penis of equal length as girth. 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

From the Online etymology dictionary:

choad also chode, "penis," c. 1968, U.S. teen slang, of unknown origin. Guesses include supposed Navajo chodis "penis" ["Cassell's Dictionary of Slang" 2005], or a supposed Hindi, Bengali or Gujarati vernacular word for "copulate" ["New Hacker's Dictionary," 1996].

Eh, "chode" has been a common pejorative term for 20+ years, at least in parts of the Northeast.

2 minutes ago, Week said:

As I understand, a penis of equal length as girth. 

I've also heard it used as an alt description for "the taint" but MC can;t see us cause we dared tell him he can't have a sniper rifle with cyanide tipped bullets, so.

7 minutes ago, Week said:

7/10 rating for this performance of rape culture. It's lacking in subtlety. 

Oh, I don't think it was a performance.

5 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

It's a penis that has more gerth in its width than its length. At least that's what Urban Dictionary states.

Why do you have to be in a "romantic" relationship? What if the relationship is merely casual?

So expectation and sense of entitlement are similar in concept and meaning?

Isn't anyone whom you bear a sexual attraction the "object of [your] sexual desire"?

People do have casual sexual relationships.  But, for most people a shifting a relationship that has never been sexual, even on a casual basis, for no other reason than you are sharing a room with them is pretty shitty if it isn't at least discussed a move is made.  

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

People do have casual sexual relationships.  But, for most people a shifting a relationship that has never been sexual, even on a casual basis, for no other reason than you are sharing a room with them is pretty shitty if it isn't at least discussed a move is made.  

I meant to ask this before, but who stated that the male and female in this scenario were sharing a room? My point earlier is about polishgenius finding one of his female friends attractive and not having any sexual expectations of his interactions with her.

30 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

If you're arguing conversely that male and female relationships do not implicitly denote sexual expectations, you need to do more than just say, "No it doesn't." I'm not using your example to suggest this alone informs my point. (That's why I said it "in part" informs my point.) You submitted yourselves as examples. That's the reason I've been prodding you.

I already said more in my original post. My point is that although one of my friendships may have fallen down because one (well both, but neither of us acted) of us had hopes (not expectations, which isn't the same thing) of something else, that doesn't apply to nearly most, let alone all, of my friendships with women. Sexual expectations play no part in most of my relationships with women and therefore are not implicit in them.

They may be implicit in yours. But that makes you a

chode.

30 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

So having sexual expectations of a friend whom you find attractive is metaphorically being a "chode"? Why?

Because expecting someone to want to shag me- or read our relationship in any kind of sexual manner- just because I fancy them is the worst kind of entitled, self-centerd thinking.

17 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I already said more in my original post. My point is that although one of my friendships may have fallen down because one (well both, but neither of us acted) of us had hopes (not expectations, which isn't the same thing) of something else, that doesn't apply to nearly most, let alone all, of my friendships with women. Sexual expectations play no part in most of my relationships with women and therefore are not implicit in them.

Hope and expectation can be synonymous. (Look that up.) As far as declaring that sexual expectations play no part in most of the relationships between you and your female friends, are you certain that said friends have no expectation as it concerns their interacting with you?

23 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

They may be implicit in yours. But that makes you a

Hide contents

chode.

This is not about me; it's about you. You submitted yourself as an example, so let's keep our focus.

25 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Because expecting someone to want to shag me- or read our relationship in any kind of sexual manner- just because I fancy them is the worst kind of entitled, self-centerd thinking.

Why? You're making a lot of qualifications, but you're not answering the question. Why is having sexual expectations in the interactions between you and a friend whom you find attractive metaphorically being a chode, and being entitled self-centered thinking? Go deeper.

2 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Hope and expectation can be synonymous.

Not in English. If we're using whatever language you're using you're going to have to re-define your terms.

3 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

are you certain that said friends have no expectation as it concerns their interacting with you?

Most of them, yeah.

4 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

This is not about me; it's about you. You submitted yourself as an example, so let's keep our focus.

No, it's about everyone. You said it was implicit in relations between men and women, full stop, not just mine. You obviously included yourself in this- in fact, you obviously based this assertion on yourself.

5 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Go deeper.

There is no deeper to it. Expecting anything of anyone based purely on your own wishes is being a dick. That doesn't apply to just sex, although having that attitude towards sex is far more likely to make you a harasser, sexual assaulter, or rapist.

6 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

:( yeah this makes me sad when I think about it lol but I'm not exactly a prom queen and may come as a shock to many here but am actually v funny and friendly and nice to be around in person so I still think I have lots of genuine male friends but this is the kind of stuff that worries me sometimes like men turning around and accusing a woman of friend zoning g them as if it''s a punishment when the woman had NO CLUE that''s how the guy felt and her "leading him on" was just the behaviour of...being a friend???

It was quite funny with my mate, the thing is she's quite good looking and naturally quite flirty and tactile. She balanced this out with me by repeatedly saying "you're like a brother to me", I was like "seriously, I'm not going to try and fuck you, I promise", she just said this happened every time she made a male friend, they hang out a bit and he says "I feel you're so special", she said "no I'm not, I'm just a girl you can talk with about some interesting things and smoke weed with...".

Guys aren't that patient. If you've been friends a while without them trying it on, you're probably safe. And you're out your teens, most guys should now be capable of enjoying your company without deciding you must be "the one".

15 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Not in English. If we're using whatever language you're using you're going to have to re-define your terms.

Yes, English. If it wasn't verifiable, I wouldn't have told you to look it up. Hope is a synomym of expectation. (2nd column, 7th row.)

Most of them, yeah.

They've told you as much?

No, it's about everyone. You said it was implicit in relations between men and women, full stop, not just mine. You obviously included yourself in this- in fact, you obviously based this assertion on yourself.

No. Right now, it's about you because you offered you and your relationships as a counterexample. I've argued exceptions for either party being homosexual or asexual. I've not once told you what my sexuality is. So bringing up my relationships is entirely irrelevant unless you know of my sexuality. Your inference is uninformed.

There is no deeper to it. Expecting anything of anyone based purely on your own wishes is being a dick.

This is not very convincing, since you won't explain. I could just as easily say that tapping a person on the pinky is being a chode, and I would need no more substantiation than the arbitrary qualifications you've just submitted.

Expecting anything of anyone based purely on your own wishes is being a dick. That doesn't apply to just sex, although having that attitude towards sex is far more likely to make you a harasser, sexual assaulter, or rapist.

Explain.

8 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Yes, English. If it wasn't verifiable, I wouldn't have told you to look it up. Hope is a synomym of expectation. (2nd column, 7th row.)

Thesaurus.com :lol:
It also lists, among other things, promise, intention, forecast, and intention as synonyms of expectation, and none of those are true either.

11 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

They've told you as much?

No but if they had had expectations of me than our relationships would eventually have gone differently than they have.

12 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

No. Right now, it's about you because you offered you and your relationships as a counterexample.

Nope, it's still about everyone. I do notice reading back in the topic that you're not very fond of the conversation being steered towards yourself (presumably because, deep down, you know you're a chode and don't like people pointing it out) and like to try to win your debate points by trying to force the conversation as deep into the personal space of your co-conversationalist as you can to try to make them uncomfortable, but I haven't got much to hide here, so you're gonna have to try harder than that.

15 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

I could just as easily say that tapping a person on the pinky is being a chode,

Well, yeah. Unless it's some previously agreed signal, ritual, greeting, or game, it's not likely to be considered normal or welcome behaviour, is it?

But no seriously if you can't understand why that makes you a dick then there is something fundamentally fucked up about your understanding of interpersonal relationships and how much the world doesn't revolve around you.

19 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Explain.

Expecting sex with no reason to expect sex makes you far more likely to do something, through misinterpretation of a situation or deliberate malice, that the other person doesn't want you to.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Nope, it's still about everyone. I do notice reading back in the topic that you're not very fond of the conversation being steered towards yourself (presumably because, deep down, you know you're a chode and don't like people pointing it out) and like to try to win your debate points by trying to force the conversation as deep into the personal space of your co-conversationalist as you can to try to make them uncomfortable, but I haven't got much to hide here, so you're gonna have to try harder than that.

That does seem to be the point where the rubber meets the chode as far as Mother Cocanuts is concerned.

Archived