NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

15 minutes ago, Week said:

Antonio Brown might be pretty good.

Can you imagine if Corey Davis and Mariota were good? The AFC South would have two, (maybe three if Luck plays again) tier-1 QB's. I hope that's what happens as the old guard fades away over the next few years.

Really juicy OTL story on Jones vs. Goodell. Something tells me these guys aren't going to play nice any time soon.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Really juicy OTL story on Jones vs. Goodell. Something tells me these guys aren't going to play nice any time soon.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

I swear these swinging dicks are so stupid when it comes to some of this stuff. You'd think they'd have learned something from Deflategate. This isn't going to change until the CBA is renegotiated. Tom motherfuckin' Brady had to serve his sentence despite winning multiple court cases, what made you think that a second year guy wasn't going to have to do the same? You should've went and kissed the ring, got the suspension reduced and served your time. Dumbass. Now you probably miss the playoffs. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I swear these swinging dicks are so stupid when it comes to some of this stuff. You'd think they'd have learned something from Deflategate. This isn't going to change until the CBA is renegotiated. Tom motherfuckin' Brady had to serve his sentence despite winning multiple court cases, what made you think that a second year guy wasn't going to have to do the same. You should've went and kissed the ring, got the suspension reduced and served your time. Dumbass. Now you probably miss the playoffs. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Jones ain't wrong about Goodell's failure as a manager and the bloat and incompetence of the league office, though. How many times can the Keystone Kops earning seven figure salaries in the league office fuck up a player discipline issue? And it seems, every time it happens, from Brady to Josh Brown to Elliot, that they fuck up even worse than before. But that's what they wanted Goodell for, the one-stop player justice shop, to bring the hammer and let the owners avoid the hassle of disciplining their own employees. The owners created themselves a golem and that golem is stomping on their toes. 

People rightly said that Kraft's earlier support of Goodell during the Ray Rice debacle blew up in his face with Ballghazi, same shit is happening to Jones. And it is delicious.

I no longer wish for Goodell to be run out of the NFL, especially if he's the one holding the line against forcing the players to stand for the anthem (though part of me would love to see what happens if the league tries). Let him dangle around the owners' necks like a dead-eyed albatross. Let him remain in his cold war with Jones.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Jones ain't wrong about Goodell's failure as a manager and the bloat and incompetence of the league office, though. How many times can the Keystone Kops earning seven figure salaries in the league office fuck up a player discipline issue? And it seems, every time it happens, from Brady to Josh Brown to Elliot, that they fuck up even worse than before. But that's what they wanted Goodell for, the one-stop player justice shop, to bring the hammer and let the owners avoid the hassle of disciplining their own employees. The owners created themselves a golem and that golem is stomping on their toes. 

People rightly said that Kraft's earlier support of Goodell during the Ray Rice debacle blew up in his face with Ballghazi, same shit is happening to Jones. And it is delicious.

I no longer wish for Goodell to be run out of the NFL, especially if he's the one holding the line against forcing the players to stand for the anthem (though part of me would love to see what happens if the league tries). Let him dangle around the owners' necks like a dead-eyed albatross. Let him remain in his cold war with Jones.

Yeah, this isn't a defense of Goodell, it's a defense of reality. This is the CBA the owners wanted. This is the guy whose hands you put the gavel in. Suck it up, Jerrah, you're not special. The same rules (as fucked up as they may be) that apply to Tom Brady apply to your boy Zeke.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, this isn't a defense of Goodell, it's a defense of reality. This is the CBA the owners wanted. This is the guy whose hands you put the gavel in. Suck it up, Jerrah, you're not special. The same rules (as fucked up as they may be) that apply to Tom Brady apply to your boy Zeke.

Definitely. There are many rich and complicated flavors of schadenfreude to savor here. I have to chortle every time I think of Jerrah's surprise, outrage, and betrayal over the Elliott suspension, just a couple years after he told Kraft to shut up and take his Ballghazi medicine. I hope, I really hope, Kraft takes the opportunity to subtly troll him about it.

Can we have this somehow blow up all over John Mara too?

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He's getting that instant in-season karma, isn't he? Probably the worst season in relation to expectation of any team in the league.

Depends on how good these premium QBs in the draft are. If the Giants managed to shit themselves in the right year to get the next great franchise QB, that's the wrong kind of karma. Just for good measure, the Giants should be forced to keep McAdoo as HC for a couple more years, or at least hire Jeff Fisher to replace him.

Archived