The little dwarf lady's dream prophecies

justanotheruser

I'm currently reading Arya's chapter p.592 when Lord Beric offers a silver stag for her dreams (although it's wine and a song she gets). Has anyone tried to interpret her dreams yet? I know they met with her on one earlier occasion too. This time the dream is as follows:

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no heard his grief [...] I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dream of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

And the first time Arya saw the little dwarf women on p.302:

"I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings. I dreamt of a roaring river and a women that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror."

Some of these sentences are quite obvious. The shadow with a burning heart (meaning the shadow conjured by Melisandre) butchering a golden stag (Renly). 

The maid at the feast with purple serpents in her hair? Savage giant in a castle built of snow? Will all this make perfect sense once I've read SoS or later in the books?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

No, it wasn't.

I think it was. 

Spoiler

Sansa builds a snow castle of Winterfell. Robert Arryn comes along and knocks it down with his doll. He makes the doll say, “I’m a giant!” Then Sansa tries to take the doll from Robert and rips its head off in the process.  

2 hours ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

I think it was. 

Hide contents

Sansa builds a snow castle of Winterfell. Robert Arryn comes along and knocks it down with his doll. He makes the doll say, “I’m a giant!” Then Sansa tries to take the doll from Robert and rips its head off in the process.  

Yes, I know. I just don't believe for a second that it's anything but a red herring/foreshadowing for the actual thing that the prophecy was about.

It would be odd if this was the only part of the dreams that wasn't resolved in the same book. The wood witch sees things in symbols and the giant is a symbol for Lysa imo. The incident with Sweetrobin led indirectly to Lysa's death.

3 hours ago, Zapho said:

It would be odd if this was the only part of the dreams that wasn't resolved in the same book. The wood witch sees things in symbols and the giant is a symbol for Lysa imo. The incident with Sweetrobin led indirectly to Lysa's death.

It would be much odder if this was the only prophecy that didn't refer to the death of any prominent person or similar major event, but to a completely random and unimportant thing. 

Let's see, she talked about her visions of those past and future events...

Renly's death

Balon's death 

The Mountain taking over Harrenhal from Vargo Hoat, Hoat's death

The Red Wedding, Robb's death and Catelyn's death and resurrection

Joffrey's death

and... Sansa ripping Sweetrobin's doll apart?!

One of these is not like the others, one of these does not belong.

If ripping dolls apart is a thing she makes prophecies about, she may as well had make a prophecy about Arya ripping apart the doll of that girl from the Vale village. Sure, she had been talking about Sansa, but Arya was right there, and the Ghost of the High Heart was looking at her and seeing some dark things and death about her. (I don't think she meant death of a doll. ;))

And no, the incident with Sweetrobin didn't lead to Lysa's death at all. Littlefinger kissing Sansa did, but that happened before Sweetrobin arrived, and Lysa didn't summon Sansa because of Sweetrobin.

10 hours ago, Zapho said:

Along with what @Annara Snow says, look at the wording used. 

And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

This could be a clue that it happens later than the others.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived