NBA 2017 - 18: A Shot at Parity

Relic

5 hours ago, Jaime L said:

All of this makes the late Bradley Beal putting up 51 tonight that much sweeter. It wasn't a James Harden 51 - he only had 5 FTs - just constant shotmaking by the guy with the silkiest jumper of any current player in the NBA living or dead.

Are there many dead current NBA players? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

What do you guys think about replacing Thibs with Fizdale? Are we even sure Thibs is a good coach? 

Putting aside Thibs for the moment, I'm curious as to why you apparently think Fizdale is a good coach or at least better than Thibs.

4 hours ago, baxus said:

Are there many dead current NBA players? :lol: 

Well, we don't want to exclude any zombie players who have real ball skills.  Like Bradley Beal himself who has been shooting better than ever since his death in the 2015 semifinal vs the Atlanta Hawks. 

59 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Putting aside Thibs for the moment, I'm curious as to why you apparently think Fizdale is a good coach or at least better than Thibs.

I've been hearing a lot of people talking about Fizdale since he got fired, saying he's a great coach. Meanwhile we are seeing Thibs put out 8 man rotations in November, priming his young core to end up as broken down as his 2011 Bulls roster. Also the team isn't playing defense the way you would figure they would for a coach with his style which leads to me believe he isn't having the desired impact on his players. All in all i just dont see Thibs working out with the Wolves and their young core. I'd jettison and move on to a more player friendly coach (Fizdale). 

23 hours ago, Relic said:

I've been hearing a lot of people talking about Fizdale since he got fired, saying he's a great coach. Meanwhile we are seeing Thibs put out 8 man rotations in November, priming his young core to end up as broken down as his 2011 Bulls roster. Also the team isn't playing defense the way you would figure they would for a coach with his style which leads to me believe he isn't having the desired impact on his players. All in all i just dont see Thibs working out with the Wolves and their young core. I'd jettison and move on to a more player friendly coach (Fizdale). 

Yeah, the rotation and the minutes are really troubling. I think it’s why the led the league in blown 4th quarter leads last year.

Okafor always gets overlooked in the “biggest busts” discussions.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Frustrating... I can embed tweets from my mobile, but not my desktop.

BRB

You'll get a prompt at the bottom of the comment when you C&P the tweet. Click it to get it to embed properly.  

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Does this make Brooklyn better? As in, does it reduce the value of the pick that Ainge traded for Kyrie?

Depends.  Okafor can score.  That's never been his problem.  He has great footwork and is a legit post scorer.

But he is undersized (possibly 6'9 without sneakers), painfully slow setting screens, his midrange jumper isn't a threat, has no vertical, is a poor rebounder, and will always be a defensive liability.

Saw a stat today that the Cavs are shooting 74.7% at the rim (within three feet of hoop) this season, which would be good for the highest percentage all time if they maintain it over the course of the season.  The current all-time high was 71.0%, set by the Sixers in 2001.  This includes LeBron at 80.9%, which would be good for his career high if maintained.  

Other Cavs currently shooting a career high at the rim: Fyre, Thompson, Korver, Green, Love, Shumpert, and Rose

Took them a month to get their shit together, but once they clicked...damn.

Bulls, please stop winning games. Mirotic finally gets over his feelings being hurt and they win 3 fucking straight with him. Very disappointing. I've also been watching gross Duke just to get a glimpse of Bagley and he's lived up to they hype from what I've seen. Dude is a stud and Chicago needs him.

Kawhi probably returning tonight. Hooray for my fantasy team!

I'm also pretty surprised the Bulls pulled off three in a row. I suppose I'm happy we beat the Knicks - that's really the only win I wanted all month. I highly, highly disliked Niko and Bobby before the punch, and even more afterwards. I'd be happy if both were gone, but I guess I'll be happy enough if we move Niko next month (he can't be traded til January 15). 

I am already stressed out about the draft, though it's months away. My opinion on whom to draft changes every hour, and that assumes we are still in top-3 pick range. At any one point in the last month, I've decided on Bagley, Doncic, or Ayton as our sure-fire star. Porter had me very interested for a minute. We'll probably get fucked into like 6th, then an even worse pick in 2019. I just don't see us as a relevant team for a very long time. It's so hard to root for losing for the greater good, or rooting for wins from a roster and coach and FO I thoroughly dislike. 

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Bulls, please stop winning games. Mirotic finally gets over his feelings being hurt and they win 3 fucking straight with him. Very disappointing. I've also been watching gross Duke just to get a glimpse of Bagley and he's lived up to they hype from what I've seen. Dude is a stud and Chicago needs him.

Kawhi probably returning tonight. Hooray for my fantasy team!

Bagley is a stud, I just can’t shake the Duke stigmatism from my thoughts of him in the league.  For most of the ‘15 season and even up to the draft, everyone thought Jahlil Okafor was a surefire first overall pick as well.

That was pretty much how I felt when Thibs was coaching our guys. It's the same thing with every team! Hey millionaires, when you pass to the open guy, when you move without the ball, your team is more likely to win! Stop fucking ISO! We'd play a quarter of beautiful basketball, then suddenly the ball would stop (cough, Boozer, cough), and there's another TO or desperation shot.

Then again, Thibs can't seem to trick KAT into putting any effort whatsoever into playing interior defense, so who knows. Over at realGM there was a great conversation from guys much smarter than I am about how the league has graduated past his defensive strengths. That the icing a pick and roll doesn't work because everyone is shooting 3's now, so his defensive brilliance has stagnated. 

Even before Butler, I was hoping that your Wolves would become my team in the West. You're absolutely right, it's really hard to watch them play - despite my adoration of early Jimmy Butler (not so much Hollywood Jimmy).

Archived