NBA 2017 - 18: A Shot at Parity

Relic

21 minutes ago, briantw said:

This has been the Cavs' regular season since LeBron came back.  He doesn't even remotely give a shit until the playoffs start and he's a constant drama queen, which is why the Cavs haven't been any fun to follow in the regular season despite being one of the best teams in the NBA since he returned.  Ironically, I watched damn near every Cavs game after he left and they were terrible, but now that he's back and they're a contender every year I barely watch the team until the playoffs start because I agree, it's disgusting the way they play sometimes.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is not the same. Sure in previous years they coasted, you're right about that, but this is a whole 'nother level of lousy.

Also on LeBron being a drama queen, yeah that is one of his many flaws. Pettiness too.

4 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

My new prediction is that he scores six points before suffering a career-ending injury.

Also, are people still shocked that LeBron is an arrogant asshole?  This is who he's always been.  Basically all the all-time greats are arrogant assholes.  There wasn't a bigger asshole in NBA history than Jordan, after all.  He was a piece of shit.

8 minutes ago, briantw said:

My new prediction is that he scores six points before suffering a career-ending injury.

Also, are people still shocked that LeBron is an arrogant asshole?  This is who he's always been.  Basically all the all-time greats are arrogant assholes.  There wasn't a bigger asshole in NBA history than Jordan, after all.  He was a piece of shit.

Tim Duncan.

Yes, I know you didn't mean EVERY one, but im in a smartass kinda mood.

As for LeBron, yeah, I know he is an arrogant asshole, but gawdayumn, this is some Trump-level shit.

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Tim Duncan.

Yes, I know you didn't mean EVERY one, but im in a smartass kinda mood.

As for LeBron, yeah, I know he is an arrogant asshole, but gawdayumn, this is some Drumpf-level shit.

Yeah, Tim Duncan is the exception, not the rule.

21 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah, Jordan was an arrogant asshole too but his arrogance served him as a competitor.  LeBron isn't half the competitor that Jordan was, and that Instagram posts today just shows what kind of pompous ass he is.

FYI, Jordan was/is incredibly pompous too.  Those guys are all getting their asses kissed by Nike executives who are just there to tell them how great they are and introduce them to super models.

So I'm looking forward to the All-Star Draft and Steph and Lebron choosing their teams like a pickup game. Great way to refresh a tired concept.

But why the fuck is this not televised? This would be absolutely riveting TV with the 20 best NBA players all in a room. And say Steph drafts Giannis instead of Durant. Or Lebron drafts Kyrie. Televise it and give half of the TV revenues to the winning team to encourage them to actually try. And why are they just picking the starters? They should each pick their full teams. I want to see Wall get taken after Lowry and watch the perceived slight fuel him the rest of the way. Hell, I want to burn in the brain of all these extreme competitors exactly when they're taken, who they were taken after and who didn't take them at all. 

Instead they workshopped the thing to this bizarre hybrid of Lebron/Steph drafting starters and coaches picking the reserves all happening off camera. Seems like the concern is the pure concept would be too fun. The players don't want to be embarrassed or that enmity would be generated among a league of friends so they actively sought out ways to make it blander with less on the line. Missed opportunity. It's still kinda fun but coulda been really fun. 

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Televise it and give half of the TV revenues to the winning team to encourage them to actually try.

No one wants to see millionaires to make more $.  And most people don't care about the money going to some charity as a tax write-off for the league.  

Make it about the fans.  One half of the stadium is Team LeBron, the other Team Curry.  Fans of the winning team split that revenue.

3 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Make it about the fans.  One half of the stadium is Team LeBron, the other Team Curry.  Fans of the winning team split that revenue.

Ha. The stadium would be filled with all old white businessmen then.

2 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

No one wants to see millionaires to make more $.  And most people don't care about the money going to some charity as a tax write-off for the league.  

I mean I would if it meant guys tried in the allstar game. The alternative generally means it's going instead in the pockets of billionaires instead. Meh.

Giving it to the fans is an interesting idea but not sure it'll make these guys actually try. Maybe losing team has to go to the White House. 

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I mean I would if it meant guys tried in the allstar game. The alternative generally means it's going instead in the pockets of billionaires instead. Meh.

Giving it to the fans is an interesting idea but not sure it'll make these guys actually try. Maybe losing team has to go to the White House.

LMMFAO! Fantastic incentive.:D

8 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

OH please,  who gives a fuck? You people get all riled by this inconsequential bullshit,  essentially creating a platform for more of it. As long as LeBron isn't hurting anyone or gambling on his own games I don't care what he does. I don't have time for it. 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

OH please,  who gives a fuck? You people get all riled by this inconsequential bullshit,  essentially creating a platform for more of it. As long as LeBron isn't hurting anyone or gambling on his own games I don't care what he does. I don't have time for it. 

Clearly you do, else you woulnd't even reply.

I don't even have a big issue with the tweet, it was mostly just in good fun. The irony here is that the tweet seems to affect you far more than it does me.

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Clearly you do, else you woulnd't even reply.

I don't even have a big issue with the tweet, it was mostly just in good fun. The irony here is that the tweet seems to affect you far more than it does me.

Huh? Reading the LeBron bashing in this thread affected me, i only saw the tweet cuz you brought it up. I just don't get why people focus so much on athlete personalities like gossiping magpies. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Huh? Reading the LeBron bashing in this thread affected me, i only saw the tweet cuz you brought it up. I just don't get why people focus so much on athlete personalities like gossiping magpies. 

Okay? Then maybe reply to somebody else, because I really didn't bash him.

Just now, IamMe90 said:

You called his tweet "Trump-level shit." If that's not a bash, then I don't know what is. 

Why? Trump pats himself on the back all the freaking time and here LeBron does it too. That's not bashing, that's just him doing something that Trump often does.

Archived