R+L=A

Bloodraven's Spider

41 minutes ago, LynnS said:

It seems to me that Martin has placed a statue of Lyanna in the crypts for a reason and that it will come into play as a reveal

I think that the Dawn sword is hidden near Lyanna's statue. Jon will find it there. And that sword is a Lightbringer of the PTWP.

2 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

I agree with this. And the whole incest part, I've just read a few things about this that everything is seeping through. I thought you were making 180, or something.

OH no.  I've already done all my 180's. But of course, I'm open to new interpretations or new information.

2 minutes ago, Megorova said:

I think that the Dawn sword is hidden near Lyanna's statue. Jon will find it there. And that sword is a Lightbringer of the PTWP.

I think this is still in the South.  But I do wonder if the original crown of Kings of Winter is hidden in the crypts somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Varys wouldn't have any problem finding a babe of suitable age and appearance to swap out.  After all, he traffics in children.

The point of my calculation is that fAegon can't be Lyanna's baby. Because Varys gave the boy to Jon Con, and convinced him that the boy is Aegon Targaryen, son of Elia and Rhaegar.

FAegon's age is approximately the same as real Aegon's. Or else Jon Con wouldn't have believed that it is that Aegon Targaryen.

And Lyanna's child was born at least 21 months later than real Aegon. Thus Varys couldn't have given Lyanna's baby to Jon Con, and made him to believe, that it is son of Elia and Rhaegar.

26 minutes ago, Megorova said:

The point of my calculation is that fAegon can't be Lyanna's baby. Because Varys gave the boy to Jon Con, and convinced him that the boy is Aegon Targaryen, son of Elia and Rhaegar.

FAegon's age is approximately the same as real Aegon's. Or else Jon Con wouldn't have believed that it is that Aegon Targaryen.

And Lyanna's child was born at least 21 months later than real Aegon. Thus Varys couldn't have given Lyanna's baby to Jon Con, and made him to believe, that it is son of Elia and Rhaegar.

Well, to that argument, I think fAegon isn't fake at all.  I think he is Rhaegar's son by Elia.  Rhaegar would be highly motivated to move him to safety since he is so sure that Aegon is the prince who is promised.  My guess is that he traded songs for dreams from the GoHH when he spent time solo at Summerhall.  I think this is why he changed his mind about being the PwiP himself and why he thinks 'there must be one more'. 

10 hours ago, Megorova said:

Elia's baby was at least 21 months old, when it was either killed by the Mountain, or kidnapped by Varys.

Little Aegon was already born during events at Harrenhal. Between Tournament and Lyanna's kidnapping nearly a year, or a year passed. When Elia gave birth to Rhaenys, she was bedridden for 6 months, and after birth of Aegon, she nearly died. And also after second childbirth, she and Rhaegar didn't went to KL, to present their son to Aerys, how they did after birth of Rhaenys. Thus it's very likely that between date of Aegon's birth, and date of Tournament, at least several months passed. Thus by the time of Lyanna's kidnapping that baby DEFINITELY was a year old, or even older. Add to that 9 months of Lyanna's pregnacy.

For the baby that Varys gave to Jon Con, to pass as Elia's Aegon, it was supposed to be 12+9=21 months old, MINIMUM 21 months old.

Sorry but no. Aegon was not born yet during HH but it is unclear how long after it was. Originally, GRRM stated that there was about a year between the tourney and Lyanna's supposed abduction but the World Book seems to have condensed that time, though the phrasing remains unclear - since Rhaegar's journey eventually brought him back to the Riverlands, he might have travelled for quite some time. Then there is another statement that by GRRM that at the time of the Sack, Aegon was about a year old - since the Rebellion itself lasted for about a year, that makes over a year, but definitely not almost two.

When Lyanna's baby was newborn, Elia's baby was 21+ months old.  So there's no way that one of them could pass as the other's double.

That much is true.

And Dany is even younger than Elia's baby or Lyanna's baby. Aerys and Rhaella conceived their last child, one day prior her departure to Dragonstone, with Viserys, that was shortly prior death of Rhaegar. So by that time Lyanna was already heavily pregnant. 

Also true.

@Ser Insight in his/her theory, totally disregarded age differences between babies of Elia, Lyanna and Rhaella. None of those babies can't be passed as the other one of them.

Amen to that.

Also if Ashara did had a baby, it's age was between Elia's and Lyanna's. Thus that baby can't be Jon, can't be fAegon, and can't be Dany.

There is one problem, and that is when Ashara became pregnant - Barristan connects the dishonor to HH but we don't know his source and thus the validity of his account may be disputed, and we don't know when Elia became pregnant. Elia's and Ashara's birth might thus be closer.

9 hours ago, LynnS said:

Varys wouldn't have any problem finding a babe of suitable age and appearance to swap out.  After all, he traffics in children.

As I said above: finding a substitute may not be a problem (depending on the time available), but convincing the people around would be. Little kids are very much set in their ways and don't respond well to changes in their routine and people who take care of them. A substitute wouldn't behave the same way Aegon would.

2 hours ago, Ygrain said:

As I said above: finding a substitute may not be a problem (depending on the time available), but convincing the people around would be. Little kids are very much set in their ways and don't respond well to changes in their routine and people who take care of them. A substitute wouldn't behave the same way Aegon would.

Who would know that Ygrain?  Ned? Robert?  I doubt anyone knows or cares about the differences between how infants behave especially after the child is dead.  What matters to everyone is the visual identification.  In spite of the damage to the child's face and head; everyone who sees the body assumes that this is Aegon.   

59 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

Seriously, please stop, your reasonings at Faegon and Rhaegar being almost the same person is beginning to get somewhat nonsensical. 

Why? By all means, let him carry on - I'd love to hear how Aegon is deliberate, single-minded, dutiful, excelling at everything he does, playing the harp, composing sad songs... oh, wait. He's none of those.

7 hours ago, Ygrain said:

Why? By all means, let him carry on - I'd love to hear how Aegon is deliberate, single-minded, dutiful, excelling at everything he does, playing the harp, composing sad songs... oh, wait. He's none of those.

WTF Ygraine?  Are you so small and petty that you want to start a gang-up on a newbie?  Stop sucking all the oxygen out the room. 

2 hours ago, LynnS said:

WTF Ygraine?  Are you so small and petty that you want to start a gang-up on a newbie?  Stop sucking all the oxygen out the room. 

If you think I've crossed the line, go ahead and report me.

11 hours ago, Ygrain said:

playing the harp, composing sad songs... oh, wait. He's none of those.

Illyrio, Varys and Jon Con really dropped the ball with that one. I was waiting for Varys to tell Kevan about fAegon's singing chops after he was done bragging about him being able to wash his own clothes. Oh well, disappointment abounds. 

Archived