ASOIAF Jokes

Angel Eyes

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:02 PM, Jô Maltese said:

From the Mystery Knight:

A woman went running past, breathless with laughter, a bald knight in hard pursuit. The man kept falling, until finally the woman had to come back and help him up

49 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Excellent. 

I'm not following.  Can someone please explain the significance of this quote to me?  Not getting the joke either :dunno: Is it the potential sexual innuendo that is so titillating..?

8 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:
On 11/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jô Maltese said:

From the Mystery Knight:

A woman went running past, breathless with laughter, a bald knight in hard pursuit. The man kept falling, until finally the woman had to come back and help him up

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Excellent. 

I'm not following.  Can someone please explain the significance of this quote to me?  Not getting the joke either :dunno: Is it the potential sexual innuendo that is so titillating..?

I think along these lines. (... and the jokes just continue to write themselves)

• A Storm of Swords - Arya V

Bella turned to Arya. "Don't he like girls?"

Arya shrugged. "He's just stupid. He likes to polish helmets and beat on swords with hammers."

"Oh." Bella tugged her gown back over her shoulder and went to talk with Jack-Be-Lucky. Before long she was

• Fire & Blood

Have they no wives of their own? Are there no whores in their domains? Have they lost the use of their hands?”

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think along these lines. (... and the jokes just continue to write themselves)

Arya shrugged. "He's just stupid. He likes to polish helmets and beat on swords with hammers."

"Oh." Bella tugged her gown back over her shoulder and went to talk with Jack-Be-Lucky. Before long she was

• Fire & Blood

Have they no wives of their own? Are there no whores in their domains? Have they lost the use of their hands?”

Is the bald knight in hard pursuit Egg?  So then he's a hard boiled (bald) egg!  If he keeps falling, then Humpty Dumpty reference? (I've never read Dunk & Egg!)

39 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Is the bald knight in hard pursuit Egg?  So then he's a hard boiled (bald) egg!  If he keeps falling, then Humpty Dumpty reference? (I've never read Dunk & Egg!)

59 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

• Fire & Blood

Yes. Hands. Not hammers. Hammers would hurt. 

My proposed final scene for GoT :

Cut to Daenerys on bed. Gratuitously nude.

Dany: Oh Jon, you make my skin burn with fire and my blood boil with passion. Take off your robe and show me your Lightbringer!

Cut to Jon. Robe closed and looking sheepishly at the floor.

Jon: Alas, oh fairest Khaleesi! My sword must wait until morning. Winter has already come.

Cut to snowflake drifting softly to the ground. End scene.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:56 AM, ravenous reader said:

No, it's not Egg but a random knight. Egg is 9 years old IIRC. And you should read the D&E novellas!

1 hour ago, Jô Maltese said:

No, it's not Egg but a random knight. Egg is 9 years old IIRC. And you should read the D&E novellas!

Thanks for the clarification.  Even if it's not Egg himself, the 'bald' head may nevertheless still be a symbolic allusion to him, the egghead of the undercover dragons being quite a distinctive recurring sign (think of Varys or Dany). 

P.S. Yes, I've been told to read them before, but I'm a stubborn bird. ;)

7 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Even if it's not Egg himself, the 'bald' head may nevertheless still be a symbolic allusion to him, the egghead of the undercover dragons being quite a distinctive recurring sign (think of Varys or Dany). 

Well, no, there are no symbolic allusions to Egg in the D&E novellas, because he is one of the protagonists, if not THE protagonist. Indeed, the D&E novellas are essentially about Egg (future Aegon V) "killing the boy to let man be born" with Dunk as a tutor, even if the stories are told from Dunk's POV. The main symbolism in The Mystery Knight resides in the "hatching" of Egg to become a Dragon. The baldness of Egg (hence his nickname) is just a practical way to hide his give-away Targaryen silver hair while he roams the 7K with Duncan the Tall and there is no symbolism there.

13 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

You may like them.

Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived