Jump to content
Angel Eyes

ASOIAF Jokes

Recommended Posts

From the Mystery Knight:

Quote

A woman went running past, breathless with laughter, a bald knight in hard pursuit. The man kept falling, until finally the woman had to come back and help him up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 8:02 PM, Jô Maltese said:

From the Mystery Knight:

Quote

A woman went running past, breathless with laughter, a bald knight in hard pursuit. The man kept falling, until finally the woman had to come back and help him up

 

49 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Excellent. 

I'm not following.  Can someone please explain the significance of this quote to me?  Not getting the joke either :dunno: Is it the potential sexual innuendo that is so titillating..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:
On 11/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jô Maltese said:

From the Mystery Knight:

Quote

A woman went running past, breathless with laughter, a bald knight in hard pursuit. The man kept falling, until finally the woman had to come back and help him up

 

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Excellent. 

I'm not following.  Can someone please explain the significance of this quote to me?  Not getting the joke either :dunno: Is it the potential sexual innuendo that is so titillating..?

I think along these lines. (... and the jokes just continue to write themselves)

  • A Storm of Swords - Arya V

Bella turned to Arya. "Don't he like girls?"

Arya shrugged. "He's just stupid. He likes to polish helmets and beat on swords with hammers."

"Oh." Bella tugged her gown back over her shoulder and went to talk with Jack-Be-Lucky. Before long she was

  • Fire & Blood

Have they no wives of their own? Are there no whores in their domains? Have they lost the use of their hands?”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think along these lines. (... and the jokes just continue to write themselves)

  • A Storm of Swords - Arya V

Bella turned to Arya. "Don't he like girls?"

Arya shrugged. "He's just stupid. He likes to polish helmets and beat on swords with hammers."

"Oh." Bella tugged her gown back over her shoulder and went to talk with Jack-Be-Lucky. Before long she was

  • Fire & Blood

Have they no wives of their own? Are there no whores in their domains? Have they lost the use of their hands?”

 

Is the bald knight in hard pursuit Egg?  So then he's a hard boiled (bald) egg!  If he keeps falling, then Humpty Dumpty reference? (I've never read Dunk & Egg!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Is the bald knight in hard pursuit Egg?  So then he's a hard boiled (bald) egg!  If he keeps falling, then Humpty Dumpty reference? (I've never read Dunk & Egg!)

 

59 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think along these lines. (... and the jokes just continue to write themselves)

  • A Storm of Swords - Arya V

Bella turned to Arya. "Don't he like girls?"

Arya shrugged. "He's just stupid. He likes to polish helmets and beat on swords with hammers."

"Oh." Bella tugged her gown back over her shoulder and went to talk with Jack-Be-Lucky. Before long she was

  • Fire & Blood

Have they no wives of their own? Are there no whores in their domains? Have they lost the use of their hands?”

Yes. Hands. Not hammers. Hammers would hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My proposed final scene for GoT :

Cut to Daenerys on bed. Gratuitously nude.

Dany: Oh Jon, you make my skin burn with fire and my blood boil with passion. Take off your robe and show me your Lightbringer!

Cut to Jon. Robe closed and looking sheepishly at the floor.

Jon: Alas, oh fairest Khaleesi! My sword must wait until morning. Winter has already come.

Cut to snowflake drifting softly to the ground. End scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 1:56 AM, ravenous reader said:

Is the bald knight in hard pursuit Egg?  So then he's a hard boiled (bald) egg!  If he keeps falling, then Humpty Dumpty reference? (I've never read Dunk & Egg!)

No, it's not Egg but a random knight. Egg is 9 years old IIRC. And you should read the D&E novellas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jô Maltese said:

No, it's not Egg but a random knight. Egg is 9 years old IIRC. And you should read the D&E novellas!

Thanks for the clarification.  Even if it's not Egg himself, the 'bald' head may nevertheless still be a symbolic allusion to him, the egghead of the undercover dragons being quite a distinctive recurring sign (think of Varys or Dany). 

P.S. Yes, I've been told to read them before, but I'm a stubborn bird. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

How come Ned kept Hodor after firing the other stable boys?

  Hide contents

Hodor is the only one who didn't try to saddle Arya!

 :D  like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Even if it's not Egg himself, the 'bald' head may nevertheless still be a symbolic allusion to him, the egghead of the undercover dragons being quite a distinctive recurring sign (think of Varys or Dany). 

P.S. Yes, I've been told to read them before, but I'm a stubborn bird. ;)

Well, no, there are no symbolic allusions to Egg in the D&E novellas, because he is one of the protagonists, if not THE protagonist. Indeed, the D&E novellas are essentially about Egg (future Aegon V) "killing the boy to let man be born" with Dunk as a tutor, even if the stories are told from Dunk's POV. The main symbolism in The Mystery Knight resides in the "hatching" of Egg to become a Dragon. The baldness of Egg (hence his nickname) is just a practical way to hide his give-away Targaryen silver hair while he roams the 7K with Duncan the Tall and there is no symbolism there.

Edited by Jô Maltese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Even if it's not Egg himself, the 'bald' head may nevertheless still be a symbolic allusion to him, the egghead of the undercover dragons being quite a distinctive recurring sign (think of Varys or Dany). 

P.S. Yes, I've been told to read them before, but I'm a stubborn bird. ;)

You may like them.

Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 11:30 PM, Bullrout said:

So why did Bowen Marsh stab Jon Snow with a dagger?

  Hide contents

He was too close to use a bowen arrow!

 

How did Bowen lose his knife?

Spoiler

He left it in the jon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did Melisandre say to Jon, after Jon declined her offer to make a shadow baby because he said it would be to hard to look her in the face due to betraying Yggriite?

Spoiler

"would you prefer if I R'hllorver?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, kleevedge said:

Did you just reuse your joke from page 4?

Oooops.  I guess I did.  I'm not good at making up jokes.  I'm afraid it's not my thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 9:40 PM, Josette DuPres said:
On 8/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

How come Ned kept Hodor after firing the other stable boys?

  Reveal hidden contents

Hodor is the only one who didn't try to saddle Arya!

 :D  like

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×