My Podcast: Celtic Myths & Legends

Theda Baratheon

Hi guys!  

I realise this is very cheeky to post here but considering I've been visiting this website for years I'm hoping at least a few of you would be interested in giving my new podcast a listen!

The first episode is introductions and The Cornish Pixie. 

It's going to be a monthly podcast focusing on the various myths, legends and folkloric creatures of the 6 Celtic Natons of Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany. 

I just set up a website for it here:

http://celticmythspodcast.libsyn.com

And I made a twitter and Facebook for it under The Celtic Myths and Legends Podcast.

It's really just for fun and it's too niche for me to expect it to be hugely popular but I would really love to share these amazing myths, legends and creatures with as many people as possible and considering this is a website centred around a fantasy series I figured quite a few of you may enjoy myths and legends!!! 

I would really appreciate if anyone could chuck a like at the Facebook or Twitter and give the episode a listen. 

It's only 16 mins long :)

Let me know what you think!

Thanks so much ^_^

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

My thoughts:

Pros: You have an excellent voice for this.

Cons: The background music is dreadful and gets on my nerves.

I agree with this post totally. Your voice is great and your enthusiasm for the subject really shines through, but the background music is distracting and gets annoying.

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

My thoughts:

Pros: You have an excellent voice for this.

Cons: The background music is dreadful and gets on my nerves.

29 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

I agree with this post totally. Your voice is great and your enthusiasm for the subject really shines through, but the background music is distracting and gets annoying.

54 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

agreed that less is probably more on the musical front.

your voice sounds good and your enthusiasm for the subject comes through, it can carry the 'cast without constant musical accompaniment.

Thanks so much for listening !!! I really appreciate it :)

Yes I have been worried about the music but I was worried it would sound terrible with just me talking lol like even less professional but a lot of people have said similar things so next episode (on banshees BTW ;) ) I will try no or v little music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 10:07 PM, Seli said:

Oh this sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

On 21/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, Seli said:

A great start, you did well. And you avoided the trap of sounding like you are reading from a text, you were really telling about the subject instead.

Thank you so much for listening!! Have some university work I'm handing in this week that I've been working on but will be hoping to upload another episode in the middle of January. On Irish banshees!! :)

Well that was entirely enjoyable, it is away nice to hear things of a more niche nature especially when it is clear that the presenter is clearly passionate about it. Nothing more to add other than I'd love to hear more.

I will say that you started off on shaky ground with your preference for Britannic mythos, as clearly Gaelic Celtic mythos is better :P

I actually liked the background music, but at a lower level would be perfect IMO. Either way I think you did an awesome job and I'm surprised it was your very first go at this. You speak so naturally and it was very informative but you also made it fun at the same time. I subscribed on ITunes and will definitely listen to more. Great job!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2018 at 3:01 AM, GrimTuesday said:

Well that was entirely enjoyable, it is away nice to hear things of a more niche nature especially when it is clear that the presenter is clearly passionate about it. Nothing more to add other than I'd love to hear more.

I will say that you started off on shaky ground with your preference for Britannic mythos, as clearly Gaelic Celtic mythos is better :P

Being a Welsh and Cornish girl I will politely disagree! lol! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for listening. :)

On 10/01/2018 at 2:06 AM, Myrddin said:

I love celtic myths. Subscribing through iTunes now. Will listen tomorrow.

Thanks so much!

On 14/01/2018 at 9:52 AM, Ramsay B. said:

I actually liked the background music, but at a lower level would be perfect IMO. Either way I think you did an awesome job and I'm surprised it was your very first go at this. You speak so naturally and it was very informative but you also made it fun at the same time. I subscribed on ITunes and will definitely listen to more. Great job!!

Thank you!! I'm working on episode 2 today and will hope to publish soon!! :D

Archived