My Podcast: Celtic Myths & Legends

Theda Baratheon

14 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Really enjoyed the latest podcast. I had to go to a family funeral this week so a bit of Manx fairy magic was just what I needed. I am kind of imagining you dropping pasties over the Cornish countryside though. At least we know that the fairies won't take you (hopefully).

In my defence - it’s not the WHOLE pasty! :P just the last little bite because you NEVER KNOW! I hope I’m a friend to the piskies but they’re capricious little buggers so who really knows :P I’m glad you enjoyed! ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I've been a very busy bee and I've submitted my podcast to Deezer, Stitcher and Spotify so fingers crossed at least one of them accept it LOL. It would hopefully make it a lot more accessible to a lot more people - will be interesting to see how the numbers go up if this happens! 

I've also uploaded a 7th episode on The Giants of Cornwall!

http://celticmythspodcast.libsyn.com/the-giants-of-cornwall

Learn about the giant who made his home on St. Michaels Mount, Cornwall and met his end at the hands of the famous Jack the Giant Killer, what happens when giants fall in love saints and the tragedy of a friendship between a boy and a gentle giant...

2 hours ago, Seli said:

Oh that is soon after the previous one.

I know I’m usually not so quick but I’ve been too excited about the Giants of cornwall topic to wait lol! And I made a new little intro with some music that I’m quite happy with at present and I changed my plan so I can now upload a lot more per month. 

So Stitcher and Spotify have both accepted the podcast! So you can now listen to it on either of those, Apple Podcasts, Podbean and through the libsyn website! Fingers crossed for Deezer accepting it too...does anyone here use Deezer and can check? :P anyway I’m very excited about this! 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Spotify is excellent from my perspective! And I can’t wait to get into the giant podcast this weekend. Keep up the good work, and I hope you are still enjoying creating these

I’m enjoying them more than ever really - quite proud of myself for keeping it up and  think it’s something I’d like to continue to do for awhile! 

Nice overview again, I think there are some parallels to Dutch folklore/mythology (they are associated with local dolmen (hunebed)), but my memory is vague on details. I liked the intro music, and the segmented recording is noticeable but not distracting.

I am testdriving the Podcast Addict app, and could find your podcast in their search as well.

44 minutes ago, Seli said:

Nice overview again, I think there are some parallels to Dutch folklore/mythology (they are associated with local dolmen (hunebed)), but my memory is vague on details. I liked the intro music, and the segmented recording is noticeable but not distracting.

I am testdriving the Podcast Addict app, and could find your podcast in their search as well.

I love dolmen and standing stones - I will have to read about Dutch folklore now!! :D I love finding similarities and parallels! 

I liked the new intro, so hope you do decide to keep it. This was a great episode. I really enjoyed the background to Jack and the Beanstalk which was a favourite of mine as a kid, even if the giant scared the hell out of me. I actually have a copy of Geoffrey of Monmouth's book on my bookshelves but haven't read it in a long time. Perhaps you could spell out the name of the giant, so I can check out the story for myself.

1 hour ago, Wall Flower said:

I liked the new intro, so hope you do decide to keep it. This was a great episode. I really enjoyed the background to Jack and the Beanstalk which was a favourite of mine as a kid, even if the giant scared the hell out of me. I actually have a copy of Geoffrey of Monmouth's book on my bookshelves but haven't read it in a long time. Perhaps you could spell out the name of the giant, so I can check out the story for myself.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun researching it even though I had a terrible cold so my recording wasn’t so great lol! I love the story too - it’s great. Which was that - Corineus and Gogmagog?? I think. The giant in Jack the Giant killer is Cormoran 

10 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I did mean Corineus and Gogmagog (could that name be any better?). I thought I would read the story from my copy of the History of the Kings of England. I will google Cormoran as well, though!

The name is fantastic ! I had so much fun saying it lol! I’m going to have a peep at my copy again - I have so many books piled up around my room but luckily I think that’s one of the few that’s actually neatly in my bookshelf lol 

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

The name is fantastic ! I had so much fun saying it lol! I’m going to have a peep at my copy again - I have so many books piled up around my room but luckily I think that’s one of the few that’s actually neatly in my bookshelf lol 

I know what you mean. I had to stand on a step to find my copy on a high shelf (being a lot closer to a pixie than a giant) and also found two books I'd completely forgotten I even owned. So I now have two more books to read all thanks to your lovely podcast!

14 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

I know what you mean. I had to stand on a step to find my copy on a high shelf (being a lot closer to a pixie than a giant) and also found two books I'd completely forgotten I even owned. So I now have two more books to read all thanks to your lovely podcast!

I’m much more pixie too lol! And I am glad! :D enjoy the books! 

Archived