My Podcast: Celtic Myths & Legends

Theda Baratheon

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

Episode 8 is finally ready! 

http://celticmythspodcast.libsyn.com/wassailing-with-the-mari-lwyd

learn about wassailing and the welsh folk custom of the Mari Lwyd! 

Ive also decided to set up a patreon for the podcast (www.patreon.com/celticmythspod) - I am not looking to make money from this podcast, just enough to help cover my hosting costs a month! 

Hope you enjoy the episode!!! Thanks all :) 

• 1 month later...

I loved learning all about wassailing and the Mari lwyd, very interesting stuff! The singing was a lovely addition. I hope you do get a visit from the Mari Lwyd one day, I can certainly see you enjoying that. :) Have you thought about looking into any of these cultural traditions and joining in? 

Congrats on the car. I don’t know if it was due to passing your test and getthg the car, or because of your passion for the topic, but you obviously had a ton of fun doing this episode.

Cant wait for the next instalment 

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I loved learning all about wassailing and the Mari lwyd, very interesting stuff! The singing was a lovely addition. I hope you do get a visit from the Mari Lwyd one day, I can certainly see you enjoying that. :) Have you thought about looking into any of these cultural traditions and joining in? 

Congrats on the car. I don’t know if it was due to passing your test and getthg the car, or because of your passion for the topic, but you obviously had a ton of fun doing this episode.

Cant wait for the next instalment 

Thanks for listening! :D the sound had broken on my computer so I need to buy a new one before I can get recording again but I definitely do love sharing all my research! Last episode was so much fun - I’d love to take part in things but I’m quite shy these days and don’t know where to begin, one day! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No worries, real life has to come first. Still, I'm glad to know that you weren't kidnapped by the Fae for revealing all their secrets!

Despite having used the expression 'wailing like a banshee' quite a lot, I was surprised at how little I knew about what a Banshee actually was. Loved 'hag of the mist' (being an old hag myself) and the reference to Siouxie and the Banshees (being a 70's/80's girl).

13 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

No worries, real life has to come first. Still, I'm glad to know that you weren't kidnapped by the Fae for revealing all their secrets!

Despite having used the expression 'wailing like a banshee' quite a lot, I was surprised at how little I knew about what a Banshee actually was. Loved 'hag of the mist' (being an old hag myself) and the reference to Siouxie and the Banshees (being a 70's/80's girl).

THats what I found most interesting actually - that we all KNOW the word banshee and vaguely what Banshees are but why and how has that word and image spread and evolved? Glad you enjoyed! :D I do love siouxsie and the Banshees! 

59 minutes ago, maarsen said:

As always I listened to it and enjoyed it.. I didn't mind the wait either. 

Thank you!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Caught up, loved your Banshee episode. I would totally watch your Banshee Who Lost her Scream sitcom :D 

Thanks so much! Only just saw this comment. Oh yeah that’s been an idea of mine for AGES - id love to earnestly write something for it at some point :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post a collaboration episode I recorded for another podcast - I’ve been too nervous to listen to it so hopefully I come across okay but I did an episode for Some Other Spheres Podcast talking about The Mabinogion and Lady Charlotte Guest! 

https://someothersphere.podbean.com/e/episode-15-sian-esther-powell-lady-charlotte-guest-and-the-mabinogion/

enjoy! 

• 1 month later...

Archived