Worst theory you've ever heard

Livesundersink

1 minute ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

Thank you, I’ve never seen anyone mention it before in these discussions and it just struck me as pretty obvious. 

Rhaegar simply knew that Rhaenys wouldn’t be a Visenya type when she was born... she had a gentle and frail mother (Elia).

So Rhaegar found a mother more appropriate to make his Visenya.

3 minutes ago, Eiko Dragonhorn said:

Rhaegar simply knew that Rhaenys wouldn’t be a Visenya type when she was born... she had a gentle and frail mother (Elia).

So Rhaegar found a mother more appropriate to make his Visenya.

Aegon was Elia’s son too. What’s to say any of his children would turn out like the Conqueror and his sisters? He could’ve had a Rhaenyra and a Daeron II for all he knew. Why would Rhaegar seek to recreate them anyway? They could’ve fulfilled prophecy by being their own individual people with their own personalities. He could have called them Suzie, Mike and Becky and they would’ve still fulfilled prophecy if they were ever going to.

There are two:

1.  Any theory where Jon's parents are anyone other than Rhaegar and Lyanna.  The fact of the matter is, R + L = J, and some people just want to resist it for no reason.

2.  The theory that Jon and Arya end up romantically involved.  There is zero evidence to back this up.

38 minutes ago, acwill07 said:

2.  The theory that Jon and Arya end up romantically involved.  There is zero evidence to back this up.

There is a little, but it's almost certainly not gonna happen you're right. The only evidence we have for this is that they ended up together in George's original draft.

Any theory which amounts to ~5000 to possibly ~ 8000 pages of text about dozens of prominent characters along with lots of material on the side is really about some tired love story between 2 characters (take your pick) and the series is all about going back to the start as if none of the story in between happened or even mattered.

And that character X will end up exactly like their historical counterpart Y because instead of history inspiring parts of ASOIAF, ASOIAF is the enormous and grueling rewrite of rl history with dragons and direwolves just thrown in for funnsies, I guess.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:25 AM, Livesundersink said:

Title says it all, tell me what's the worst theory you've come across thus far in ASOIAF.

Well, for one, I despise the misuse of the word "theory". The word you want is "hypothesis".

To the point, my least favorite hypotheses are the "ships". I despise ships. I'll take a 2000 word crackpot about Hodor and Catlyn's lovechild over a 2000 word essay about shipping any day.

1 hour ago, acwill07 said:

I personally blame the dude who wrote

Arya will be more forgiving ... until she realizes, with terror, that she has fallen in love with Jon, who is not only her half-brother but a man of the Night's Watch, sworn to celibacy. Their passion will continue to torment Jon and Arya throughout the trilogy, until the secret of Jon's true parentage is finally revealed in the last book.

for this one. Nice fanfiction, bro.

22 hours ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

That the poison was in the pie, and Tyrion was the target.

21 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

any of the ones where Rhaella and Aerys aren't Daenerys parents.

oh and the "the poison was in the pie to kill Tyrion" theory

It is not bad theory since Purple wedding is the worst written plot in entire series, but yes poison was in wine and target Joffrey, which is retarded.

7 minutes ago, Kienn said:

That the 3 page outline is George's "original" plan for the series.

More like plan 14Z, with most of it rushed to fill in the blanks for a publisher proposal... Has no relevancy to anything.

Agreed, it drives me batty when others attempt to use this outline as if it's canon, in order to support their either wise unsupported theory hypothesis. 

The George has stated that he was "just making shit up" in order to appease the publishers, and sell his story.

Archived