A Star Trek Film By Quentin Tarantino.

GAROVORKIN

10 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I thought it should be a separate topic.:mellow:

Yeah I only posted it in the Beyond thread cause it was easier than making a new one. This will probably get the attention of more than just the Star Trek fans on the board.

35 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

And apparently Patrick Stewart has expressed interest in reprising his role if QT is on board. 

Ooh, it would be nice to get a new post-Voyager prime timeline film. Preferably not restricting the cast to the TNG regulars; DS9 and Voyager characters deserve a chance at the big screen too. Though the primary focus should probably be on new characters.

18 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yeah I only posted it in the Beyond thread cause it was easier than making a new one. This will probably get the attention of more than just the Star Trek fans on the board.

The notion of a Tarantino directed Star Trek film sis very intriguing.B) 

51 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

The notion of a Tarantino directed Star Trek film sis very intriguing.B) 

I agree, but I also seriously doubt he will end up directing it. He's just starting with his 1960's Not-Tate murders thin. Plus I don't think he's ever directed a movie he hasn't written, and last I heard Paramount was assembling a writers room to write a script based on Tarantino's idea/outline. There's also his weird "I'll do ten films and then I'm done" thing. I don't think he'd let this be The Final Film By Quentin Tarantino.

But then, you never know. Either way the fact that paramount apparently thought he had a good enough idea to justify the R rating at least makes it interesting. Hopefully he'll be a producer and have script approval.

On another note while I'm glad this is happening I also wanna know more about that original idea for Star Trek 4 was. I'd read something time travel and Helmsworth coming back as Kirk Sr. I wonder what that would have been.

Archived