So, with S8 not airing until 2019,

Angel Eyes

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

Ughhh I want to say you're wrong but .... I can't. I think you may be right about Arya killing off Cersei. Would be so stupid. So so so stupid....so they will probably do it.... sigh.

Plus, Arya’s a Valonqar. She could fit the prophecy.

51 minutes ago, Faera said:

I know - she’s their favourite little psycho. I hate it almost as much as the fact they gave Arya the Cat’s Paw dagger just because “OMG!!!!11 It’ll be so cool when Arya kills a White Walker!” We know it’ll happen and I know I’m going to cringe.

Ughhhhh she is going to kill a WW and I will be cringing right there with you....

37 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Plus, Arya’s a Valonqar. She could fit the prophecy.

Doesn't Valonqar mean 'little brother" in High Valyrian? 

Just now, Angel Eyes said:

It’s mentioned that High Valyrian is gender-neutral.

That's just a show thing though, in the books there are gender tendencies. 

So yes, you are right that in the sense of the show, she could be the Valonqar. I did not think of that. 

I was thinking from the perspective as a book reader, and it would be little brother. Unless, of course, GRRM decides in the next book or two to make all of High Valyrian gender-neutral, which is possible.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Ughhh I want to say you're wrong but .... I can't. I think you may be right about Arya killing off Cersei. Would be so stupid. So so so stupid....so they will probably do it.... sigh.

3 hours ago, Faera said:

I know - she’s their favourite little psycho. I hate it almost as much as the fact they gave Arya the Cat’s Paw dagger just because “OMG!!!!11 It’ll be so cool when Arya kills a White Walker!” We know it’ll happen and I know I’m going to cringe.

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

My money is still on Jaime arising from a situation caused by Cersei. If for no other reason than it will be WAY more impactful for the audience.

D&D's Razor - "Among competing hypotheses, go with the one that makes the least sense."  Arya gets to kill Cersei, though Jaime is my first choice (followed by Sansa, followed by Euron).

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

I believe it is because Dragons themselves are gender neutral that the Targaryen prophecy of the prince that was promised may apply to a prince or princess, not because the language of high valyrian is gender neutral.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Faera said:
  1. Qyburn abandons Cersei to join the fight against the AotD, citing not only his curiosity about the wights but the fact that he technically owes the Starks a debt -- seeing as Robb and Talisa were the ones who saved him in the show.

Oooooh, how about this for a wild card death... Cersei gets injured somehow, attacked by a wight or White Walker maybe, while things aren't looking so great, and instead of saving her, Qyburn uses a still alive Cersei for one of his unholy experiments?

26 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

D&D's Razor - "Among competing hypotheses, go with the one that makes the least sense."  Arya gets to kill Cersei, though Jaime is my first choice (followed by Sansa, followed by Euron).

Don’t buy that. I think they operate by the Rule of Cool and Rule of Drama and Rule of Holy Shit Moments.

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Oooooh, how about this for a wild card death... Cersei gets injured somehow, attacked by a wight or White Walker maybe, while things aren't looking so great, and instead of saving her, Qyburn uses a still alive Cersei for one of his unholy experiments?

Sweet karma. I love the idea no matter how unlikely it is! :laugh:

I could understand Arya playing a role in Cercei's death seeing that she is basically number 1 on Arya's list, but for who actually deals the killing blow (choking, beheading, throat-cutting, whatever), the only 2 characters I'll accept is Jamie or Tyrion (with higher priority given to Jamie).

Wouldn't it be weird if after years of debating and theorising as to "who the valonqar is" -- it turns out that it's the name of a torture device Qyburn keeps in his lair?

I also think it would be interesting if Tyrion really is the one to kill Cersei in the end, and it is that final betrayal of his trust when he tried to understand and sympathise with her, that drives him to do it.

Either that or Euron would be fairly satisfying.

Truth is, after the 7x07 moment where Jaime finally leaves years after his character did so in the books, I would almost prefer it if he never, ever sees her again.

I would actually prefer Jaime not killing Cersei. He has had his share of controversial murders. I wouldn't want him to be kingslyer and kinslayer (he has already killed a cousin on the show, I really wouldn't want him killing his sister). I would want Jaime to be as far away from Cersei's influence as possible henceforth.

22 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

i wouldn't complain.

21 hours ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Agreed!  :)

3 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I would actually prefer Jaime not killing Cersei. He has had his share of controversial murders. I wouldn't want him to be kingslyer and kinslayer (he has already killed a cousin on the show, I really wouldn't want him killing his sister). I would want Jaime to be as far away from Cersei's influence as possible henceforth.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way! ^_^

On 12/16/2017 at 2:08 PM, Apoplexy said:

Looking at it from a book perspective, while everyone calls him the Kingslayer, let's be honest, he did it for the right reasons. I think even book two talks about the contradictions of the vows he takes and what not. Anyway, I think the killing of Cersei will be the same as him killing the king and kinda forms a good arc for him. He will once again be known as a king/kin slayer, but he did it for the right reasons, and continues to not being truly understood. He does what has to be done even if it hurts his reputation. While it's kinda depressing, I think it fits well.

Catastrophic scene early on in the season of Night King killing Jon/Tyrion/overwhelming Westeros to then reveal itself as a Brain vision. Which he then needs to use his powers more than ever before to prevent that scene from happening. 

What I really want to see in Season 8 is a thematically consistent end to this story. 

The show has shown through the antagonists that pure political cynicism and a politics based purely on fear does not work as the people who practice said approach have all come undone - Tywin, Littlefinger, Roose, Ramsey etc. 

However the show has also taken the position that idealism divorced from political realism is also not a recipe for political success. This point was driven home brutally once again in Season 7 as the main protagonists primarily acted out of idealism and made the situation objectively worse. The idea that humanity could unite against a common foe that led to the white hunt was blown up as the NK got his dragon and Cersei accepted the foe but refused to unite as being against her interests. The idea that you could conquer Westeros without turning it into the slaughterhouse blown up by that approach both leading to the loss of all your allies and you made your situation worse because now Cersei is even more of a threat and Westeros is not united to face the enemy. 

So who ever comes out on top politically in the end I would like to see it be the character or characters who best learn the lessons of the world and apply them appropriatley. Additiionally, I think there should be consquences for the failure to unite Westeros either through force or diplomacy which means the NK probably has to win up North and push down to King’s Landing. 

18 hours ago, jbent87 said:

Catastrophic scene early on in the season of Night King killing Jon/Tyrion/overwhelming Westeros to then reveal itself as a Brain vision. Which he then needs to use his powers more than ever before to prevent that scene from happening. 

Ugh, absolutely. I hate fakeouts like that, they're so cheap.

On 14/12/2017 at 4:09 PM, Angel Eyes said:

2 hours ago, Rhodan said:

Please, this is, I think, simply fanon nonsense. How could be it ever translated to "little brother", if it was gender-neutral?  

As far as I know, it is just fandon speculation based on the fact that the Valyrian word for "Prince/Princess" is gender neutral, meaning it could refer to a male or female. For all we know, valonqar really does mean "little brother" and another word is used for "little sister".

Archived