So, with S8 not airing until 2019,

Angel Eyes

13 hours ago, Faera said:

Ugh, absolutely. I hate fakeouts like that, they're so cheap.

As far as I know, it is just fandon speculation based on the fact that the Valyrian word for "Prince/Princess" is gender neutral, meaning it could refer to a male or female. For all we know, valonqar really does mean "little brother" and another word is used for "little sister".

Well yes, prince/princess is a title. If we were using the previous logic, I guess valyrian word for mother is also gender neutral a can mean father too.

7 hours ago, Rhodan said:

Well yes, prince/princess is a title. If we were using the previous logic, I guess valyrian word for mother is also gender neutral a can mean father too.

They are different aren't they? Mother and father?

Muna is mother

Kepa is father

I believe.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:52 AM, btfu806 said:

Looking at it from a book perspective, while everyone calls him the Kingslayer, let's be honest, he did it for the right reasons. I think even book two talks about the contradictions of the vows he takes and what not. Anyway, I think the killing of Cersei will be the same as him killing the king and kinda forms a good arc for him. He will once again be known as a king/kin slayer, but he did it for the right reasons, and continues to not being truly understood. He does what has to be done even if it hurts his reputation. While it's kinda depressing, I think it fits well.

I personally don't want things to get any more depressing for Jaime than they are right now. You're right, it might fit well considering his history, but I would like Jaime to move on from his past. He has left Cersei while she is pregnant, and while I do not blame him, I just wouldn't want it to seem like he not only abandoned his child, but also killed his lover/sister. His arc needs to move forward from the misunderstood knight.

On 2017-12-08 at 11:03 PM, Angel Eyes said:

She'll have to. White Walkers come for everyone, so everyone will have to fight, even to protect.

Plus, didn't Jon say something about everyone having to fight? Sansa is no exception.

Jon said that, and then Sansa went about her business for months.  She’s got other things to do.

Sansa learning to fight undermines the whole point of her story.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:16 AM, Colonel Green said:

Jon said that, and then Sansa went about her business for months.  She’s got other things to do.

Sansa learning to fight undermines the whole point of her story.

How does it undermine that point? 

55 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

How does it undermine that point? 

Because Sansa is one of the characters who exist to demonstrate the value of non-combatants (and female non-combatants in particular).  The point is that she doesn't need to pick up a blade (or have magic powers/weapons) to make a contribution.

While you can argue about whether it would just be a side-element, putting that image into the series, and particularly so close to the end of the series where it would take on the impression of being an apex, gives entirely the wrong impression.  It would be "Sansa's cool now, she's got a sword and everything!"

It would be the same as if next season featured a subplot of Sansa teaching Arya to love wearing dresses and all the other conventional-lady-stuff that Arya's whole arc is about not fitting into.

39 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

Because Sansa is one of the characters who exist to demonstrate the value of non-combatants (and female non-combatants in particular).  The point is that she doesn't need to pick up a blade (or have magic powers/weapons) to make a contribution.

While you can argue about whether it would just be a side-element, putting that image into the series, and particularly so close to the end of the series where it would take on the impression of being an apex, gives entirely the wrong impression.  It would be "Sansa's cool now, she's got a sword and everything!"

It would be the same as if next season featured a subplot of Sansa teaching Arya to love wearing dresses and all the other conventional-lady-stuff that Arya's whole arc is about not fitting into.

It’s called necessity. If she needs to pick up a sword, she’ll have to use it. Sansa’s a survivor; if she needs to fight, so be it.

Case in point The Battle of Castle Black: everyone but Gilly and Little Sam fought for their lives. 

7 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

It’s called necessity.

There's no such necessity, though, at least not that we know of.  Sansa's an organizer and behind-the-scenes person, not a combatant.  She'll presumably be focusing on the skills we've already seen her develop, not suddenly careening into a whole different area that is thematically unrelated to her story.

Truth be told if Sansa is put in a situation where she's facing a White Walker, provided she has some dragonglass and aims for the exposed areas I'm sure she'll work out how to stick 'em with the pointy end. Think about it, the only reason Sam worked out dragonglass killed them is by accident. He's no more a fighter than Sansa is so if he can do it, so can she.

11 hours ago, Colonel Green said:

Exactly. Seems like some people want to see everyone becoming "badass" characters…

On 30/12/2017 at 3:38 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Prove it.

She does the politics, running of Winterfell (which covers a lot of areas including putting Jon's orders into practice) and keeping the house up while Jon is out. In many ways, she feels more well-rounded than Arya who literally is just defined by her fighting skills and Halloween masks these days or Bran who is simply a prop for exposition now.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:11 AM, Angel Eyes said:

What would you like to see?

For me: 

1. Events
    1. The Night King being defeated, either through warging or Valyrian Steel. 
    2. Sansa being taught how to fight. Everyone will have to fight, so she must learn. Take notes.
    3. Cleganebowl
    4. Jaime killing Cersei. They’ve been brewing for that since AAFC.
    5. Bran getting a better hand on his 3ER schtick, after being CCTV for S7. 
    6. A possible power struggle in Dorne considering House Martell and Spice Snakes are eliminated
  2. Pairings
    1. Sansa/Podrick. They seem like they’d be a nice fit, and I feel like it’s a bit of a cop-out with Sansa winding up with someone twice her age, since she’s been at the mercy of someone doing just that (here’s looking at you, Littlefinger).
    2. Arya/Gendry. They’ve been teasing this one for years, and Gendry had to be re-introduced for a reason.
    3. Jaime/Brienne. This one’s been teased, and it would be interesting to see Jaime wind up with someone that Cersei resents.
  3. Questions that need answering
    1. Why did Rhaegar name “Jon” Aegon?
    2. What did Tyrion do with a donkey and honeycomb?
    3. What did Podrick do with the prostitutes?
    4. Why would Bran say “Robert’s Rebellion was built on a lie?” He should work on his word choicing.

Events:

1. That would totally happen

2. LOL the walkers would be barging the walls of Winterfell and Sansa still won't know how to use a dagger.

3. uhmm..

4. uhmm..

5. AGREE

6. I doubt they'd still care to expand Dorne's storyline on the show.

Pairings:

1. YIKES?!

2. Ohhhh I ship them so much BUT Arya's not the romantic type so it might not work.

3. THERE IS A GREAT POSSIBILITY ON THIS tbh

Questions that need answering:

1. The writers must've thought "Aegon" would have an impact..

2. uhmm..

3. HAHAHAHAHA yes, what really happened Podrick?

4. It WAS built on a lie. Remember Littlefinger?

Archived