Now I've Found Thee, And The World Shall Know Thy Glory...

drawkcabi

Dulcinea...Dulcinea,

I have found a girl and call her Dulcinea!

I've been waiting and working for this for a while, over a year. I've thought all during that time on what to name her. I liked Sofia or Anastasia for the longest time. But I also thought about and liked Sasha, Maisie, Cassiopeia. Then it hit me, the name from one of my favorite literary works and my favorite musical of all.

I have sought her, sung her, dreamed her, Dulcinea!

2 hours ago, Salome Sand Witch said:

OMIGOODNESS!!!   SOOOOO CUTE!!! *squee*
So jealous right now.  Get some extra cuddles in so I can live vicariously through you please. :)

she's getting lots and lots of cuddles! 

fuzzbutt overload!!!

And yeah, she did get car sick, lol. About ten minutes after we left. But then we cracked the window open about 2 inches and she was fine the rest of the way home.

11 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

she's getting lots and lots of cuddles! 

fuzzbutt overload!!!

And yeah, she did get car sick, lol. About ten minutes after we left. But then we cracked the window open about 2 inches and she was fine the rest of the way home.

So adorbs!!!  I love puppies who can't even stand when they eat.  There's something hopelessly cute about it. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

So adorbs!!!  I love puppies who can't even stand when they eat.  There's something hopelessly cute about it. 

Whenever we feed her, she will knock her bowl over so the dry food spills out all over around the floor. Then she lies down and eats the food off the floor.

So now when we feed her, we put food in her bowl then a little bit on the floor outside the bowl. She eats the food on the floor first but then sue usually doesn't tip the rest out of the bowl.

New video!

Just made it today.

Dulcinea is the smartest little girl!

Sarge looks like he does because of Cushing's Disease (in two weeks we test again to confirm but we're all pretty sure) it makes his hair not grow in places giving him the cute little goat look.

Dulci has a favorite toy now too...

...me

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

She is soooo smart and completely adorbs! Can't believe she's already sitting and peeing in the right-ish place in just a weekend.  

I want a puppy now

I know! The Keeshond is in the top 20 smartest dog breeds. Also the time put in with them makes a difference.

She's just a roly poly fuzz ball but with little needle teeth. But it's all play for her. She's a bundle of love.

Good luck and we better get some videos!

Today in between monitoring news coverage I've been seriously researching adding a new pup to my fam.  I totally shouldn't, really really should.  Definitely shouldn't.  My dog is my most favorite child and I can't imagine life without him, but sometimes I still get really annoyed at having him because I can't just go off and do whatever I want.  So I definitely shouldn't get another, right??  

6 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Good luck and we better get some videos!

Today in between monitoring news coverage I've been seriously researching adding a new pup to my fam.  I totally shouldn't, really really should.  Definitely shouldn't.  My dog is my most favorite child and I can't imagine life without him, but sometimes I still get really annoyed at having him because I can't just go off and do whatever I want.  So I definitely shouldn't get another, right??  

It all comes down to the assessment of what you want your life to be.

For me: I don't want to travel unless maybe I'm in a nice RV with someone to drive it, then I can take my dogs with me and just drive around North America.

I like my life at home. I like the activities and things available for me just at home or nearby, the work I can do at home, all that. I don't like being alone but for about 80% of the time I like being left alone. I like my parents living with me, them doing their thing, me doing mine, and here and there we interact and enjoy one another's company or help one another. I hope I am never alone, but I know if someday I am, I can handle it if I have a dog or dogs. If I had to face that without canine companionship, I wouldn't make it.

Life is good and happy enough for me. I like staying at home with the company of my dogs. Having people visit me now and then, not too often but often enough. Going out once in a while to local activities then coming home. Stepping out of my house and socializing with friends and neighbors but then being able to go back in my house and into seclusion. Enjoying some social time overall but then having the vital alone time I need to recharge with just my dogs and their antics for company.

I would be less happy with no dogs. Feeling free to move to another state (or country even) if i wanted to, travel, participate in activities that kept me out of my house overnight, for a few days, or more; have a job that kept me out of the house 12 or more hours five days a week, even have a romantic partner or children, that's just not what I want.

There are many things I've felt I've compromised in my life and ended up for the most part in harmony with myself because the compromises I made that lead me to where I am were acceptable and/or enabled me to at least partially achieve goals I've had.

The one thing I was not/am not willing to compromise on is I've had Keeshond dogs all my life, I need to have one in my life, all my life. I'll try to rescue if I can, but if I can't I'll be very diligent in finding a responsible breeder. I'll try to balance this be being able to handle having two dogs, the other dog I have can be a rescue, as well as I will continue my monthly donations to my local human society animal shelters.

That's the assessment I made of myself before I even started to get Dulcinea and kept making the assessment to make sure I felt it was the right one and it always felt easily so. So I knew what to do.

Egad! Didn't mean to get so heavy in my Man of La Mancha Dulci puppy thread :blushing:

Archived