Whose POV chapters in books you enjoyed the most

Putin

AGOT Ned. A lot of information was packed in those chapters.

ACOK Arya. Reading about the riverlands was fun and I really didn't want something bad happening to her.

ASOS Jaime. Finally some insight into the mind of the character that was talked about so much in the previous books. He's my favorite character.

AFFC: Brienne, Jaime Cersei and Arya. Brienne for the aftermath of war, Cersei for insight into her head.

ADWD Bran, Jon. Bran for more information about the magic element, Jon for his struggles trying to lead the NW.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

And reasons why.

For me its Arya.

I like her personality and she did travel a lot and had a lot of adventures.

Dany.  I love her chapters.  Those chapters has all the elements that make for a good story.  Action, politics, magic, mystery.  She's an awesome character. 

AGOT: Daenerys. Her Dothraki arc and evolvement from a frightened girl to the mother of dragons was interesting.

ACOK: Tyrion. Politics mixed with funny moments.

ASOS: Sansa. We got into LF's inner circle.

AFFC: Cersei. Interesting power conflict and self destruction.

ADWD: Theon. He interacts with interesting characters

I love Arya's chapters in all books, but specially in ACOK and ASOS. I'm the only one, I know... I just find amazing how GRRM portrays Arya's view of the world. I really like the side of war he shows us through her POV, and I find it incredibly sensible and sincere the way he builds this young girl's thoughts about it all. It's very well written, loaded with information, so touching. We can read her actual conscient thoughts, and we can see what is on her mind but she doesn't want to acknowledge. I was really sad to see so little of her the AFFC and ADWD. I hope we get much more of her in TWOW. 

I really enjoy Tyrions's chapters, even though I don't feel sympathetic towards him at all. I like to read him! 

I like Jaime's POVs in ASOS, but I LOVE his chapters in AFFC. He is a very complex and interesting character. 

Sam's chapters are a delight. They're funny and full of references and I like the guy. 

I love it all though, it's really hard to choose. I love to read ASOIAF, there's nothing that puts me off. I love all the main characters. I love when a new POV shows up, I remember how exited I felt about it when reading the books for the first time. I got really annoyed with Jon in ADWD (he never fucking listens to anyone, he's always interrupting people, he's always in this same old inner monologue that takes him nowhere good) but I still liked it some.

AGOT Ned and Arya - They were just completely on the same wavelength and you could see the bond between them.

ACOK Sansa and Arya -  Sansa really started to grow up in this book. Arya because of Riverlands.

ASOS Jon - He has a long journey learning about the Wildlings and then when he makes it back to the Nights Watch he is injured, he learns about the Red wedding. And I liked his confession to Maester Aemon about how there was a girl and that he didn't want to break his vow but he had to in order to survive. 

AFFC: Sansa - I just really enjoyed Sansa in the Vale

ADWD Bran and Jon - Bran because we got more insite into his magical storyline. Jon because you see a huge change in his character and I am undecided if it's for the better or not.

I have a soft spot for the Starks

In January the ban will lift and I will begin the 7th or 8th or 10th re read.  I've had to go investigate Jamie, Brienne and Theon many times.   Still I think my most favorite POV is Tyrion across the board, mostly because I believe him.   Yes, he's clever and glib and funny, but he's smart.   I need someone smart to help me figure out what's going on.  If only he would go to the House of Black & White or hitch a ride with Euron...

Hard to pick! 

My favorite through out all the books is probably Arya. Not only does she see so many interesting people that we get to learn more about (Bwb, The Mountain & Co, Roose, Vargo, Gendry, Etc) but she is such a great character. Very well written & has some comedic relief also. Also her travels are so much more exciting that Bran's & Brienne/Pod's IMO

Second would maybe be Jaime. I love his chapters with Brienne & thoroughly enjoy his character arc from beginning to end. 

Dany pre-Meereen. I'm rereading & just read the chapter she got her Unsullied. Her chapters are action filled. Dracarys ... Gives me chills

Tyrion pre-Pentos. He is hilarious. Witty & Smart & a little evil. 

Theon/Reek man these are hard chapters to read sometimes. Ramsay is one sick SOB. As tragic as it is it's interesting to be inside Theon's mind while its breaking. 

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

In January the ban will lift and I will begin the 7th or 8th or 10th re read.  I've had to go investigate Jamie, Brienne and Theon many times.   Still I think my most favorite POV is Tyrion across the board, mostly because I believe him.   Yes, he's clever and glib and funny, but he's smart.   I need someone smart to help me figure out what's going on.  If only he would go to the House of Black & White or hitch a ride with Euron...

What ban? 

2 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Self imposed (almost) year long ban.  I have said it so many times I just assumed every one knew.   It's what I blame everything I misquote on!   

Oh! I don't know if I would have the will power! Happy for you that it's almost over :)

Sansa. I like Medieval court life and intrigue and the various facets and pretenses and customs of Medieval culture,a nd Sansa's chapters tend to have a lot of that. In addition to that I find her an interesting character and a good change from the more martial chapters. One of the times I got really upset with this series was when Sansa didn't get to Highgarden. Not because I wanted some fairytale ending for her, but because it meant we, as readers wouldn't get to see that place either.
With those chapters I even managed to memorize several background characters on the first read (particularly Horror and Slobber)

Catelyn. I could relate to her motivations and desires, even if I didn't always condone her actions, words or thoughts (but why would that be necessary?) Overall I felt a lot more for her than for many others. Her death didn't come as a surprise, I had been expecting it for some time, but it hit me more than that of many others.
I particularly enjoyed her trip to the Eyrie and her interactions with Lysa.

Jaime Lannister. While I'm overall not a fan of DWDFFC Jaime's character in his POV chapters, his search for redemption, soul searching and development turned him from a character I absolutely loathed to one of my favorites. I will be very, very sad when he dies and hope it won't be until the last book.

Reek. Same as with Jaime really. With him I even liked the verbal/mental ticks he has developed. It's all just so interesting and entertaining in a psychologically messed up way. Reek Reek it rhymes with ....

Bran has always been my favourite POV character throughout the series due to the magical elements being so strong in his story. Plus, I love how heavy with imagery it is.

I also really started to enjoy Davos and Theon's chapters in ADwD. I like Cersei for how crazy she is. Sansa now she is in the Vale is very intriguing, and Asha because she makes an interesting POV for Stannis.

Finally, Jon. He's closest to the "what really matters" storyline.

I would add Samwell and Daenerys but I have always had a love-hate relationship with their chapters. Either I love them or I just want it to be over.

Archived