Y didn't Tywin marry Tryion and Cersei?

manchester_babe

What, to each other or to himself? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Tywin did marry Tyrion to Sansa with the intention of getting a backdoor into the North and Lannister heir to Winterfell, since at that point he likely knew Robb was not long for this world nor would he be having any kids of his own.

If I recall correctly, Tywin wanted Cersei to marry Willas Tyrell in order to get a Lannister heir to Highgarden. However, Mance politely refused. Willas is heir to Highgarden, after all, and Cersei is getting old. So, after that, I think he mentions to Jaime that he was thinking of marrying her to Oberyn Martell and having Jaime dismissed from the Kingsguard so he will be free to become Lord of the Rock and possibly marry Margaery. Ultimately, I think Tywin wanted to marry Cersei off as an excuse to keep her well away from Tommen from fear she'll mess up like she did with Joffrey.

8 hours ago, manchester_babe said:

Why didn't Tywin marry Tyrion and Cersei?

Why should he?

Are you insinuating that Targ polygamy in these novels and incest are the same? It pretty much is dependent upon ones outlook.

It kinda depends on whether one is okay with brother and sister doing  the wild thawg. Which I am not.

That aside, Tywin shows a dislike that his son, Tyion,is a dwarf.

Because Tywin is not a Targaryen. Cousin incest is okay in Westeros. Sibling incest is not, unless you were the Targaryens because Targaryens are the exception. 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, manchester_babe said:

Yeah. true. But then Sansa would've had suffered. :-)

As in she would have had to marry Joffrey? Well, at that point, Joffrey was already betrothed to Margaery, so even if Cersei married Tyrion, Sansa would not have had to marry Joffrey. 

3 hours ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Because Tywin is not a Targaryen. Cousin incest is okay in Westeros. Sibling incest is not, unless you were the Targaryens because Targaryens are the exception. 

As in she would have had to marry Joffrey? Well, at that point, Joffrey was already betrothed to Margaery, so even if Cersei married Tyrion, Sansa would not have had to marry Joffrey. 

Got it. It seemed like a good idea. 

• 2 months later...

Archived