L+B=J

On 12/12/2017 at 2:40 AM, Dragonofvalyria said:

What do you guys think about this theory?

On 14/12/2017 at 11:38 AM, Consigliere said:

What "theory"? You haven't even bothered to put forth any evidence to support whatever this is.

53 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

Lol, exactly.

Maybe it's like a code we have to decipher!

Luwin + Barbrey = Jeyne

Yes, the woman who hates maesters finding one she liked -- another untold love story. :P

1 hour ago, Jamie Roberts said:

Lyanna+Brandon=Jon, I won't mind if it's true. :) 

I almost suspect that is what the OP was talking about. It's just more fun to be obtuse when there's no evidence or clarification put forward. ;)

3 minutes ago, Jamie Roberts said:

Yeah, I know the jokes were going on, I just wanted to sneak in that I don't mind it, hee hee.  :P 

Of course! It'll be interesting to see if OP comes back and declares whether this guess is correct. ;)

3 hours ago, Jamie Roberts said:

Lyanna+Brandon=Jon, I won't mind if it's true. :) 

What is with you people and this incest between the Stark children? I haven't seen anything in the text to imply incestous relationships with Brandon & Lyanna or Ned & Lyanna, you know, like how George tends to leave implications of the incest between the Lannister twins and the Targaryen's.

1 hour ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

I haven't seen anything in the text to imply incestous relationships with Brandon & Lyanna or Ned & Lyanna

:laugh: You mean like how some people believe Lyanna and Rhaegar were in love, but there's no text saying that Lyanna loved Rhaegar. :D

Well, the OP will come back and explain this theory. Hopefully... :P 

13 minutes ago, Jamie Roberts said:

:laugh: You mean like how some people believe Lyanna and Rhaegar were in love, but there's no text saying that Lyanna loved Rhaegar. :D

Well, the OP will come back and explain this theory. Hopefully... :P 

There's text supporting Rhaegar & Lyanna having a willful relationship. This has been pointed out time and time again on this forum, to say there's no text supporting that is a lie. You can say your interpretation of said text is different, but that's different from iignoring the fact of supporting text.

17 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

There's text supporting Rhaegar & Lyanna having a willful relationship. This has been pointed out time and time again on this forum, to say there's no text supporting that is a lie. You can say your interpretation of said text is different, but that's different from iignoring the fact of supporting text.

:laugh: 

30 minutes ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

I might be wrong, but isn t the book evidence about how lyanna might have feelings for someone like rhaegar? The only evidence I remember about her caring for rhaegar is she crying when he sings, and even then it might be because of the song. Can you remember any instance when lyanna acts in a way tha might show her love?

48 minutes ago, divica said:

I might be wrong, but isn t the book evidence about how lyanna might have feelings for someone like rhaegar? The only evidence I remember about her caring for rhaegar is she crying when he sings, and even then it might be because of the song. Can you remember any instance when lyanna acts in a way tha might show her love?

We get plenty of suggestions that Rhaegar loved Lyanna but there is very little directly stated on her POV about him, other than her crying at his harp playing. The only thing that I remember genuinely making me think she probably did love Rhaegar, in hindsight, was the bit about her clutching dead rose petals...

Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes. Ned remembered the way she had smiled then, how tightly her fingers had clutched his as she gave up her hold on life, the rose petals spilling from her palm, dead and black. After that he remembered nothing. They had found him still holding her body, silent with grief. The little crannogman, Howland Reed, had taken her hand from his. Ned could recall none of it. -- A Game of Thrones - Eddard I

Again, just speculation, but I always wondered if it was the winter rose garland from the tourney of Harrenhal. :dunno:

Archived