Best theory you've ever heard

58 minutes ago, Ser Leftwich said:

Lem Lemoncloak = Richard Lonmouth

Solid reasoning and can give some quality plot element payoff without just an endless info-dump from Howland or Bran-magic.

It would be interesting if this one was true. The last thing any of us want is a Magical-Bran info dump and while Howland is kinda of the "Oracle", having a few more eye-witnesses on the ground at the TaH who might know what was going on from behind the scenes would be good.

Hmmmm, a few fun ones:

Lyanna had two kids

Bloodraven isn’t the 3eC

Mance sent the Catspaw

Jaqhen was Syrio

Craster was Aemon’s son, so baby monster has king’s blood

Lem Lemoncloak is Richard Lothson the knight of skulls and kisses

Olenna was Lewyn Martell’s Paramour

Varys sent up Tyrion knowing Shea was in Tywin’s bed

Illyrio is Salador Saan

The vision of the silent wolf headed king at the feast of the dead in the House of the Unying is Jon and not the Red Wedding

The Starks were involved with the Doom of Valyria and founding of Braavos

First men originally didn’t build godswoods. Only after Brandon the builder, and castles weren’t originally built with Godswoods, walls were built around the Weirwoods. These were the “walls” in the Night’s watch oath. And they faced inward

On 12/20/2017 at 5:44 AM, Nowy Tends said:

I read this a few months ago. It's very interesting but I must admit I have a problem with the Lighbringer trick… The author assumes that Stannis sword is Lighbringer; unless I missed something it's not an evidence…

Which reminds me of one of my favorite crackpots about Stannis...that he will get back to the Wall to find Shireen has been burned and plunge his sword into Selyse and/or Mel's heart(s) thus turning it into Lightbringer and accidentally becoming AAR despite the odds.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:18 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Best theory I’ve heard: Littlefinger indirectly caused Robert’s Rebellion by informing Brandon Stark of Lyanna’s disappearance, which would either delay Brandon’s marriage to Catelyn, or have it not happen at all (as indeed happened). There, he learned the power of words and secrets and decided to cause another war, this time on purpose, to ruin the Starks and Tullys at least, if not the entire continent.

Despite the lack of evidence, I'd say this one is a strong contender for being correct. But I don't think he planned to ruin the Starks and Tullys so much as he planned to make Catelyn a widow. Remember that his original idea was to convince Ned NOT to take the job Robert offered by having Lysa tell Cat the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, so what LF intended at first is not going to be the same as what he's up to now. That guy's got more moves than a disco club at midnight.

12 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Despite the lack of evidence, I'd say this one is a strong contender for being correct. But I don't think he planned to ruin the Starks and Tullys so much as he planned to make Catelyn a widow. Remember that his original idea was to convince Ned NOT to take the job Robert offered by having Lysa tell Cat the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, so what LF intended at first is not going to be the same as what he's up to now. That guy's got more moves than a disco club at midnight.

Yes this is an interesting bit of speculation. 

- Hoster Tully calls Brandon a  'gallant fool' - something that would also fit Littlefinger when he challenged Brandon

- Catelyn receives a letter from Littlefinger that she doesn't read, but destroys instead - perhaps something Brandon should have done with the letter he received

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:36 AM, Megorova said:

Actually it was a very good plan.

First LF offered his help to Olenna, to free Margaery from Joffrey. Thus afterwards Olenna will trust LF, and Tyrells will support him, when he will also need help.

Then LF made Sansa part of his plan, to get her away from KL and Lannisters. He needed her for his further plans, that included union between The North, The Vale, and Riverlands. And Sansa is the key to that union. So LF gave poison to Dontos, and Dontos gave it to Sansa. Then after death of Joffrey, both of them - Dontos and Sansa escaped. People knew that it was Sansa who saved Dontos from being executed on Joffrey's order. And after their escape people found body of Dontos, and with it a jewellery that Sansa was wearing. And they also found out that the poison was from this jewellery.

So by making Sansa to escape with Dontos, and killing Dontos, and leaving on his body Sansa's jewellery, Lf made obvious to people, that Joffrey was killed by Sansa. And that Dontos was used by Sansa, because he wanted to repay to her for saving him. But after making him her accomplice in Joffrey's murder, Sansa killed him too. So when LF spelled this to Sansa, she realised that she can't go back to KL. And that the only way for her to stay alive, is to go with LF, and to do what he wants.

Thru involving Olenna, LF made Tyrells indebted to him. Thru involving Sansa, he made it impossible for her not to go with him, and that way he received his key to three Kingdoms. And thru involving Dontos, LF used him as a means to get Sansa out of KL after Joffrey will be killed, and also to leave him as a scapegoat, and to frame Sansa.

But Garlan Tyrell is unnecessary as part of that plan.

Probably Olenna asked for help from LF, because of something that he said to Margaery and Loras, while he was negotiating with them in Renly's camp, prior his death. It was LF who helped to arrange union between Lannisters and Tyrells. And thru his involvement their united army saved KL during Battle at Blackwater Bay. So first after death of Renly, LF arranged marriage of Margaery and Joffrey. And then it was also him, who suggested to Olenna that Joffrey will be a very bad husband, and that with him Margaery won't be safe. Thus it was also him, who first offered his help to Olenna, to get rid of Joffrey. And she only accepted his offer, so it wasn't her own plan. Because if it was her plan, then not Sansa, nor Dontos wouldn't be part of it.

So it was entirely planned by LF alone. And all other participants he just used as his pawns.

I pretty much agree with this.  Now, it is clear that LF needed Sansa to be an accomplice so that yes, he has power over her as long as she is wanted for the crime.  However, it seems to me that his real target in terms of making sure his head rolled for the regicide was Tyrion and of course he meant to make Sansa "disappear."  Still this may have backfired if unsuspecting Sansa had decided for some reason not to leave with Dontos although I have to admit chances of this were small in the circumstances.

I can buy that Olenna did not care enough about Sansa to "sacrifice her" but letting her carry the piece of jewelry with the position.  However, taking into account that no long before she had planned to marry her to Wyllas.  Granted, she lose her value in that regard because of her marriage to Tyrion. Still, if Tyrion was to be executed...  I reckon this is likely to have been an idea LF put into her head.  Risky, yes, in that if caught quickly enough Sansa would suffered the same fate as Tyrion (had he not escaped) and a dead Sansa is no use to anyone.  Still, she is what 12?  Maybe they would have made it look, had LF plan with Dontos not succeeded, as if it was all Tyrion's doing and because she is so young and he is known to be an schemer this could have work, hence leaving her able to re-marry.  This could explain to me why Olenna did not act alone but in cahoots with LF.

Archived