College Football 2018: Countdown to Kickoff

Ded As Ned

Just now, HokieStone said:

What about a Bill Murray shirt?

He's probably a Louisville fan now.  New UofL basketball coach Chris Mack has Murray's son Luke as an assistant.  He used to go to Xavier games regularly.  So that's probably out too.

18 hours ago, Rhom said:

Just picked up four tickets to take the family to go see my alma mater Murray State play at UK.

My wife says I'm not allowed to wear a Murray shirt.  :D 

I'm taking the boys too!  We'll have to meet up.  It's their first game, so I had to make sure it was someone UK was going to thump ;) 

2 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

I'm taking the boys too!  We'll have to meet up.  It's their first game, so I had to make sure it was someone UK was going to thump ;) 

Yeah, its not like I'm expecting them to be competitive.  But its a rare chance to see the Racers.

We will likely hit the Cat Walk before the game.  (Assuming we get up early enough to be there that soon!)  Will shoot you a message.

The whole thing with Smith at OSU keeps getting weirder. Now it's reported he ordered sex toys and had them delivered to him at work? That he received oral from a staffer on campus and sent a pic of the action to his ex! And that he sent a junk pic from the White House bathroom! WTF man!

59 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The whole thing with Smith at OSU keeps getting weirder. Now it's reported he ordered sex toys and had them delivered to him at work? That he received oral from a staffer on campus and sent a pic of the action to his ex! And that he sent a junk pic from the White House bathroom! WTF man!

Which begs the question... what’s he got on Urban Meyer that he would back the guy up over and over?

5 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

The Ringer has a long piece on JT Daniels who skipped his senior year of high school to try to become USC's QB.  I'd forgotten that John David Booty did the same thing.  But this guy did repeat 8th grade so age-wise he is the age of an incoming freshman.  The article suggests that the other two guys who are fighting for the job are not impressing, and I saw something in the LA times recently that suggested the same.  This guy might actually start for USC as a true freshman.  

This will start happening more and more often. If you are an elite talent, graduate early. Don't spend an extra year taking hits in a high school game, get that clock towards NFL draft eligibility started a year earlier. Obviously this only applies to the biggest physical freaks who are going to be ready to come in and contribute immediately at that age, but for those guys it seems like a no-brainer.

2 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

I realize you're not only talking about QB's with that last comment but one thing this article emphasizes is that Daniels is just way advanced upstairs but from a physical standpoint is just good enough and nothing jumps out.  Although with QB that is the skill that would sort of be the equivalent of physical freak.  

Yeah, I read the article. I think it's actually a significantly worse idea for QBs. QBs shouldn't be rushing into the NFL. They actually get paid, and they have 15+ year careers. So they need to just maximize their chances of sticking. In this particular case, I understand why the kid did it; the starting job was open now and the competition looked weak.

Archived