College Football 2018: Countdown to Kickoff

Ded As Ned

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

Prediction Florida state fires Taggart and hires either mike Riley or Bo Pelini 

Ughh. What a disaster. I was reading an article saying that they have a realistic chance of not winning any games after this Saturday’s lay-up(which isn’t even a guarantee). They seriously can’t keep running this type of offense with this O-line. 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Ughh. What a disaster. I was reading an article saying that they have a realistic chance of not winning any games after this Saturday’s lay-up(which isn’t even a guarantee). They seriously can’t keep running this type of offense with this O-line. 

You can have the Michigan O line coach USC hired which has clearly also been a disaster.

It is insane to me that Missouri runs the ball better than USC.

btw, f you missed the Missouri Georgia game, 20 of Georgia’s points were fluke plays. Toe to toe, Missouri hung with them phenominally more than I ever expected. So impressed with Mizzou.

1 hour ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Is Texas back for real this time? They did beat ranked teams 2 weeks in a row now.

Maybe, OU is struggling with Army and OSU is about to lose to TTU.  I think the Big 12 will come down to OU, Texas, or WVU.  Texas has the best D out of those three, but the weakest offense of the 3.  They definitely could win the conference though.

Look at Buffalo, getting its first ever win over a Big Ten team, and going 4-0 for the first time ever. Sure it was only Rutgers, but a 42-13 win over a major conference team is what it is.

Next up, Army.

Louisville is up 3 and at FSU’s 20 with under two minutes remaining, and they just moved the chains. So naturally they pass on 1st down, it gets picked and Noles score 3 plays later and win a miracle. I mean the game means jackshit because they both blow, but what the hell is Petrino thinking? Weird.

43 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Louisville is up 3 and at FSU’s 20 with under two minutes remaining, and they just moved the chains. So naturally they pass on 1st down, it gets picked and Noles score 3 plays later and win a miracle. I mean the game means jackshit because they both blow, but what the hell is Petrino thinking? Weird.

Sounds like the Oregon game from last week where instead of kneeling they ran the ball, fumbled and ultimately lost the game.

Michigan...I watched the 17-0 start to that game and just was miserable, left for work and checked score now to see they are up 20-17 have the ball and only 3 min on the clock. The part of the game I saw was just embarrassing so I don't know what happened when I left but hopefully it holds up. 

At least I can stop worrying about accidentally making the playoff and getting shelled by Alabama now. Good game to Notre Dame, they're better in pretty much every facet, which is extremely frustrating. We've had some really nice o-line recruiting classes, the last 2-3 years on paper, but they just don't look close to the offensive lines of 2010-2014. And the front seven on defense are thin and not up to par; depth there has been a problem for 2-3 years, and it continues to be. If we can't win at the lines, we're in trouble.

I don't know if it's possible to recruit a genuinely deep team at Stanford, unfortunately. 

Archived