Wiki Errors

belladeuil

On 10/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

@Loraq Thank you for pointing out the mistakes. I've fixed them.

@Thomaerys Velaryon

I saw the corrections just know. Thank you for fixing the mistakes!

I have another one.

There are various pages for "Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series". One of them I think should be eliminated or redirected. It's the one called "Houses and Characters from Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series".

We already have pages specifically for each house from the game and a page titled "List of characters created for the Telltale game" that not only lists all the characters but also points out who plays them in the game. This pages are more complete and correct.

Therefore, the other page - "Houses and Characters from Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series" - it's not only incomplete, but also has some wrong information and is completely unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

@Thomaerys Velaryon

In Sunfyre's page there's an inaccuracy. It's written that Rhaenyra laughed when she saw the crippled Sunfyre, but that's only Septon Eustace's telling. Mushroom tells a different story:

Septon Eustace (who had no love for the queen) tells us Rhaenyra laughed when she beheld the ruin of Sunfyre the Golden. “Whose work is this?” he has her saying. “We must thank him.” Mushroom (who had much love for the queen) tells a different tale. In his account, Rhaenyra says, “How has it come to this?”

Sunfyre's page needs to have both version of the fact in order to be unbiased.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

On the main A Feast for Crows Page under the Plot Summary in the "In the Crownlands and the Riverlands" section, it says "Ser Ryman Frey threatens to hang the Blackfish's uncle, the captive Lord Edmure Tully," when it should say nephew instead.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Feast_for_Crows

Ryman threatens to hang Edmure, and Emmon wants Ryman to go through with it.

"Whilst I've been building rams and siege towers, Ryman Frey has raised a gibbet. Every day at dawn he brings forth Edmure Tully, drapes a noose around his neck, and threatens to hang him unless the castle yields. The Blackfish pays his mummer's show no mind, so come evenfall Lord Edmure is taken down again."

"That's how I see it too. Our good-uncle Emm . . . ah, Lord Emmon, that is . . . he wants Edmure hanged at once. The presence of a Tully Lord of Riverrun distresses him almost as much as the prospective birth of yet another. Daily he beseeches me to make Ser Ryman dangle Tully, never mind how."

23 hours ago, Nittanian said:

Ryman threatens to hang Edmure, and Emmon wants Ryman to go through with it.

I'm a little confused. I was referring to the part where it says "the Blackfish's uncle, the captive Lord Edmure Tully" when Edmure is the Blackfish's nephew not his uncle. What do Ryman and Emmon have to do with it?

On 6/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, Fullbuster said:

I'm a little confused. I was referring to the part where it says "the Blackfish's uncle, the captive Lord Edmure Tully" when Edmure is the Blackfish's nephew not his uncle. What do Ryman and Emmon have to do with it?

My bad! Needed more coffee, I think.

• 2 months later...

On the wiki page for Otto Hightower, it states he had more sons while the source cited for that claim doesn't state. Only states he brought his children along with him to King's Landing, which would mean only Alicent and Gwayne. Also Alicent's wiki states she has several brothers, when it should only be one.

Otto Hightower - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

Alicent Hightower - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

Gwayne Hightower - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

3 minutes ago, maesternewton said:

On the wiki page for Otto Hightower, it states he had more sons while the source cited for that claim doesn't state

Page 366 of F&B:

In the tourney itself, the blacks had much the better of it when Ser Criston Cole, wearing Princess Rhaenyra’s favor, unhorsed all of the queen’s champions, including two of her cousins and her youngest brother, Ser Gwayne Hightower.

This means she has at least one more brother.

Just now, maesternewton said:

Couldn't that be a mistake? Cause it seems quite hood we never get another mention of Alicent's brother, and that quote seems, to my knowledge, the only time it's implied she had other brothers?

It's hard to imagine how he could have inserted "youngest" by mistake instead of "only". If you mean, well, he seems to have forgotten the other brother(s)? It's possible, but it doesn't change the fact that we can only go by the text as it stands until such time as we get a correction. It could also be that George imagines the other brother(s) are not noteworthy, weren't present in King's Landing, and did nothing worth noting during the Dance (expect possibly dying without bothering to mention it).

• 1 month later...

Typo on Steelskin header, an extra E. 

Also not sure if it's a "mistake" necessarily but the Dragon wiki says

Dragons only eat cooked meat, and use the extremely hot dragonflame which they breathe to cook their meat before eating it (X)

But I don't think that's definitive as to they only eat cooked meat. There are a couple instances where it's discussed that Dragons eat things like fish which I feel like we can presume they don't char with dragonflame before eating. For example from the wiki itself it says Grey Ghost, the wild dragon

Grey Ghost preferred to feed on fish, and was often glimpsed flying low over the narrow sea, snatching prey from the waters. (X)

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't going to post into I'm done with the mainline books, however I caught an amusing mistake, The Drowned God's wikia page underneth the quotes it says this, 
"The Drowned God raised him up. Let the Drowned God cast him down." is said in Chapter 29, however the citing is " A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.", as I was still reading the chapter chapter 29, I wondered if I skipped a chapter where Brienne met the Greyjoy’s.

3 minutes ago, JoyfulJoy said:

I wasn't going to post into I'm done with the mainline books, however I caught an amusing mistake, The Drowned God's wikia page underneth the quotes it says this, 
"The Drowned God raised him up. Let the Drowned God cast him down." is said in Chapter 29, however the citing is " A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.", as I was still reading the chapter chapter 29, I wondered if I skipped a chapter where Brienne met the Greyjoy’s.

Thanks! Fixed.