Wiki Errors

belladeuil

9 minutes ago, MPozd spb said:

The old one is considered to be Grazdan mo Ullhor, mentioned by Missandei in Daenerys VI (though I am not sure how that conjecture was made). So we have:

• Grazdan mo Ullhor (or Grazdan (old))
  • Grazdan (fat one)
  • Grazdan (tall one) (or Grazdan (spiked beard))
  • Grazdan, who was not described. As I proposed earlier, the article about him can be named Grazdan (Good Master). 

Ah, the ASOS Appendix mentions "GRAZDAN MO ULLHOR, an old slave trader, very rich".

Do we need an article for the fourth Grazdan if we don't know anything more about him?

On the Castamere page in the quotes section 

Tyrion: The Crag is not so far from Tarbeck Hall and Castamere. You'd think the Westerlings might have ridden past and seen the lesson there.
Tyrion: Mayhaps they have. They are well aware of Castamere, I promise you.

—Tyrion Lannister and Tywin Lannister

I think the second ‘Tyrion’ speaking is actually Tywin.

Edited by McGuv19

• 4 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to a page about the ironborn civil war (& eventual Targaryen invasion) following the Burning of Harrenhal. Nor the one after the Red Kraken's death (& subsequent Lannister invasion). It would be helpful to have these created to be able to refer to, thanks.

• 3 months later...

Checking the entry on Raymont Baratheon again - and there is no way this guy (if he even existed) is confirmed to be a son of Orys Baratheon. He could also have been a grandson of Orys Baratheon through a second or third son. All FaB does is to introduce Rogar and his brothers as grandsons of Orys One-Hand. It does not establish those five guys are the only grandsons Orys Baratheon had. He could have had depending on the number of children (sons and daughters) he had.

It would make Raymont a rather young Kingsguard if he were Orys' grandson, but if we imagine a second son of Orys' born in 2-3 AC, and this guy in turn having Raymont around 20 AC, then Raymont could easily enough be a Kingsguard knight in his early twenties by the year 41 AC.

Just don't jump to conclusions too fast in those footnotes.

@Lord Varys

Raymont is described as Lord Baratheon's younger son in the Worldbook. Unless something incredibly convoluted happend regarding the Baratheon lords between 37 and 47 AC (or whenever Rogar was lord for sure), Raymont was supposed to be Orys's son. Anyway, I don't think this guy exists anymore. At least he is not mentioned in any book anymore.

Edited by The Wondering Wolf

Just now, The Wondering Wolf said:

@Lord Varys

Raymont is described as Lord Baratheon's younger son in the Worldbook. Unless something incredibly convoluted happend ragarding the Baratheon lords between 37 and 47 AC (or whenever Rogar was lord for sure), Raymont was supposed to be Orys's son. Anyway, I don't think this guy exists anymore. At least he is not mentioned in any book anymore.

Oh, right, did forget that tidbit. I was just stumbling over this footnote there on the Raymont page:

The World of Ice & Fire does not specify which Lord Baratheon is Raymont's father. However, Fire & Blood clarifies that Raymont is a son of Orys, as the sons of the Lord Baratheon that succeeded Orys are all named.

And we don't know whether Rogar's father succeeded Lord Orys. There could have been multiple Baratheon lords between Orys and Rogar, and Rogar and his brothers could only be the sons of a younger son of Lord Orys with Raymont being the son of an elder son who succeeded Orys.

How do you get those wiki accounts, anyway? Somebody has to delete that page or at least flag the guy as having the degree of existence as Schrödiger's cat.

And the same goes for all that stuff that's from the novella versions of FaB. We know have the final version, and the stuff that didn't make it in there is about as canonical as discrepancies between the various prints of the main series that have been corrected in later editions or the discrepancies between the main books and the novella versions of Dany's story in 'Blood of the Dragon' and 'Path of the Dragon' or the Ironborn story in 'Arms of the Kraken'.

30 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

And we don't know whether Rogar's father succeeded Lord Orys. There could have been multiple Baratheon lords between Orys and Rogar, and Rogar and his brothers could only be the sons of a younger son of Lord Orys with Raymont being the son of an elder son who succeeded Orys.

As I said, not impossible but unnecessarily convoluted. Rogar could have been the son of Davos' younger brother, Davos could have had two sons and so on. Since we can not rule it out entirely, the wiki should not state it as fact, indeed. 

You can ask Elio for an account.

I added a little note on Raymont's wiki page about his canonical status. I suppose we will have to wait for the final word from Ran about whether or not Raymont is being permanently removed from canon.

Even if he is, I think we should leave his wiki article and just make it out-of-universe detailing that the character has been removed, in case someone with an old copy of TWOIAF tries searching for him.

1 hour ago, LordSeaSnake said:

I added a little note on Raymont's wiki page about his canonical status. I suppose we will have to wait for the final word from Ran about whether or not Raymont is being permanently removed from canon.

Even if he is, I think we should leave his wiki article and just make it out-of-universe detailing that the character has been removed, in case someone with an old copy of TWOIAF tries searching for him.

Of course, I'm not sure if it would make sense to have characters with 'Schrödinger's cat-like status' in the wiki since, at this point, Raymont Baratheon seems the only one of those (although I guess tweaks and changes made to any sample chapters could create similar conundrums), but it definitely should be mentioned.

With Raymont not finding his way back in the new edition of FaB I'd say his chances for him to continue to exist are very low.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry for this silly bit but i think there's this minor flaw i would be thrilled if it was fixed. i was going through the major characters pages and oddly i found whilst they are referred as 'one of the major POV characters in a song of ice and fire' in their wiki page, Arya Stark is simply written as 'a POV character in a song of ice and fire'. that led me to thinking she's not one of the major characters untill i read this:

“Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be.” - GRRM 

Here she is mentioned as 'some major characters' by grrm so she is among them. 

I'd be very happy if someone cared to fix this

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...