inserted to Eddard stark

Alex Gu

2 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I would have taken Cersei's offer to "be kind to her" when she offered it after Ned confronted her about the twincest. 

I think the OP is talking about Robert's Rebellion. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think the OP is talking about Robert's Rebellion.

Oh sorry, my bad. 

That's a tough one since we don't know everything Ned did exactly.

I would have the six men I took to the Tower of Joy all bring crossbows. Then tell them all to aim at Arthur Dayne. I'm not going to cross swords with the Sword of Morning if I don't have too.

6 hours ago, Alex Gu said:

what would you do if you were inserted into Eddard Stark just after the sack of kings landing and before he relieves storm end?

I see what you did there ;)

You certainly have a thing for "self inserting" in to characters. So far you have done Renly (thread locked), and Stannis, and Petyr Baelish, and I believe Eddard Stark. Not sure what the point of all of these "what if" threads are, but I guess you are just gonna do you?

1 minute ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Oh sorry, my bad. 

That's a tough one since we don't know everything Ned did exactly.

I would have the six men I took to the Tower of Joy all bring crossbows. Then tell them all to aim at Arthur Dayne. I'm not going to cross swords with the Sword of Morning if I don't have too.

Why not kill robert and put jon on the iron thorne with Ned being regent? then the Sword of the morning would fight for you!

2 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I'm not interested in seeing thousands of more people die in another war after one has just ended. 

But some years in the future you would have the war of the 5 kings. Lots of people will die there and make westeros ripe for conquest.

What you should do is kill robert, tywin and Jaime and offer their heads to dorne as na offering of peace for what tywin did and robert didn t punish. Then you marry Benjen to cersei and make him warden of the west.

Make oberyn martell and jon con members of the smallcouncil or kingsguard. Kill varys and littlefinger. 

Now it a matter of jon arryn and making the reach happy...

7 minutes ago, divica said:

But some years in the future you would have the war of the 5 kings. Lots of people will die there and make westeros ripe for conquest.

What you should do is kill robert, tywin and Jaime and offer their heads to dorne as na offering of peace for what tywin did and robert didn t punish. Then you marry Benjen to cersei and make him warden of the west.

Make oberyn martell and jon con members of the smallcouncil or kingsguard. Kill varys and littlefinger. 

Now it a matter of jon arryn and making the reach happy...

But Littlefinger wasn’t a major player yet. He was a young boy who had a wild wolf try and gut him (get the reference)?

6 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

But Littlefinger wasn’t a major player yet. He was a young boy who had a wild wolf try and gut him (get the reference)?

yeah, but I am married to the woman of his dreams and LF won t ever let Cat go... So I am sorry but I am number 1 so LF has to go. I refuse to die due to stupidity or lack of action! 

In addition, if viserys isn t mad at that time I would marry him to some importante familly in the reach.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

yeah, but I am married to the woman of his dreams and LF won t ever let Cat go... So I am sorry but I am number 1 so LF has to go. I refuse to die due to stupidity or lack of action! 

In addition, if viserys isn t mad at that time I would marry him to some importante familly in the reach.

And what would dad Baelish have to say? And would Catelyn protest?

6 hours ago, divica said:

What makes you think Ned could raise an army to take out the Westerlands, Stormlands, and possibly the Vale, Iron Islands and any other Houses that will stay loyal to Robert after they just fought to put him on the Throne. Also you have to remember that Tywin Lannister had a fresh army that did not fight in the war. Tywin's Westerlands army by itself would likely be larger then the Norths/Riverlands combined.

Also when the North finds out that Lyanna married Rhaegar willingly they might not want to fight another war to put Rhaegar's son on the Throne even if it's also Lyanna's as well. They just fought a war to take a Targaryen out of power, they might not want to fight another one to put one back in power. The same could be said for the Lords of the Vale and Riverlands.

Dorne might also not want to support the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. In their minds Rhaegar left Elia and her children for Lyanna and she and her children were killed in the process. I don't see them being big fans of Rhaegar, Lyanna or their son when the full story comes out.

Ned's only play would be the betroth Jon to Margaery and hope the entire Reach will back Mace Tyrell's decision to put a baby Targaryen on the Throne. 

5 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

What makes you think Ned could raise an army to take out the Westerlands, Stormlands, and possibly the Vale, Iron Islands and any other Houses that will stay loyal to Robert after they just fought to put him on the Throne. Also you have to remember that Tywin Lannister had a fresh army that did not fight in the war. Tywin's Westerlands army by itself would likely be larger then the Norths/Riverlands combined.

Also when the North finds out that Lyanna married Rhaegar willingly they might not want to fight another war to put Rhaegar's son on the Throne even if it's also Lyanna's as well. They just fought a war to take a Targaryen out of power, they might not want to fight another one to put one back in power. The same could be said for the Lords of the Vale and Riverlands.

Dorne might also not want to support the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. In their minds Rhaegar left Elia and her children for Lyanna and she and her children were killed in the process. I don't see them being big fans of Rhaegar, Lyanna or their son when the full story comes out.

Ned's only play would be the betroth Jon to Margaery and hope the entire Reach will back Mace Tyrell's decision to put a baby Targaryen on the Throne. 

Robert, tywin and Jaime were in KL so ned would only need a surprise attack to kill them. And if Ned said that robert ordered tywin to sack KL because he was mad with revenge so Ned decided to kill him because he didn t fight a war to take a mad monster from the throne to put another. If he said this to the other houses they would probably either stay neutral or support Ned.

But I agree that he would probably need to capture a lot of the Lannisters present in KL in order to avoid trouble. Then it is a matter of making jon arryn not an enemy. As Ned just killed robert, even if it was with a good justification I don t know what jon would do...

So Ned only needs to let the tyrells conquer the stormlands ang get rid of stannis so that dorne and the reach armies can join his north and riverlands armies and make the Lannisters submit. They can t face 4 armies without their leader which are imprisioned!(I think)

And tcharan I have unified westeros! (Benjen marries cercei and the stormlands are divided among the reach, dorne and the vale (to make jon happy).

Archived