Why is Jon so Attractive...

Corvo the Crow

15 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Does Val start her flirting only after Jon becomes the LC or it goes before that?

After all, he stole her a few times without even knowing. Like that time he says her to get inside with sword in hand, keeping others out. Or when she asks about it(after he becomes LC), he says that Wall killed Jarl but time and again he says Wall is his

On Melisandre, I have never noticed her showing any attention to Jon other than due to his position.

Alys Karstark is another mystery; before she set out, was she aware of Jon was elected as LC? After all, They may not had the time to notify people before Alys escaped Karhold, or even if they notified before this, she may not have learned this, she doesn't have any reason to immediately learn that Jon has become LC and her relatives who keep her don't have any reason to say "hey, so honorable the Ned's bastard is LC now, you may want to try if you want to escape from us, cause, you know men are men vows are words and words are wind and all that."

The Karhold is not that far to the Wall, is it? I belive they would know about the newly elected lord commander pretty soon. I mean the nights watch reported to the Iron Throne about the elections, and probably to major lords in the north as well. The fact that the "black bastard" holds the Wall has reached Braavos by the Cat of the Canals chapter, but maybe much earlier... Jon had been LC for some months before Alys ever arrived - she was definetely looking for "Eddard Stark's son", now a powerful man, to help her out. 

2 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

The Karhold is not that far to the Wall, is it? I belive they would know about the newly elected lord commander pretty soon. I mean the nights watch reported to the Iron Throne about the elections, and probably to major lords in the north as well. The fact that the "black bastard" holds the Wall has reached Braavos by the Cat of the Canals chapter, but maybe much earlier... Jon had been LC for some months before Alys ever arrived - she was definetely looking for "Eddard Stark's son", now a powerful man, to help her out. 

Jon only gets elected sometime after Stannis has arrived, do we know how long did Stannis stay after helping with the elections? I'm also curious why would they tell Alys of Jon becoming the presi... I mean LC of the Wall. Not only is she a captive of sorts, but also she has no reason to learn who the new LC is, even without being a captive. Cersei knows because she is the ruler, Arya could learn through Watchmen there, Sansa learns only because Myranda told her, if it was up to Baelish, she may not have learned.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Jon only gets elected sometime after Stannis has arrived, do we know how long did Stannis stay after helping with the elections? I'm also curious why would they tell Alys of Jon becoming the presi... I mean LC of the Wall. Not only is she a captive of sorts, but also she has no reason to learn who the new LC is, even without being a captive. Cersei knows because she is the ruler, Arya could learn through Watchmen there, Sansa learns only because Myranda told her, if it was up to Baelish, she may not have learned.

Why wouldn't she know? I don't feel like we need an on page explanation of how she found out. There are so many possibilities... I mean the Watch is somewhat unimportant in the south, and Myranda knows who's the LC. Sansa as Alayne is speacially in the dark concerning what's going on the the realm because at the Eyrie all the information she has comes com LF, and he has every reason not to tell her her brother has a new position of power... don't you think when they were in Winterfell Arya and Bran knew that the Lord Commandar of the Nights Watch was Jeor Mormont? It's like knowing who is a lord where... it's part of what a noble woman is expected to know I guess. If a new LC is elected every northern house is likely to get a raven... and why wouldn't Karhold's maester share the news with the maid that may inherit the place? He probably watched her grow up... Like Luwein/Bran. And even if no one told her at Karhold, she could have found out after she scaped. Maybe she scaped unsure of where to go and then decided to go to the wall. There must be villages where she stopped by while traveling. We're sure she's a strong and decided person, no one to sit around and wait for things to happen. She could have been peeking into the letters that came to Karhold without her uncle ever finding out... as I said, so many possibilities. And I truly don't think this detail (of how Alys found out Jon Snow was the new LC) is a very relevant one to the story. Methinks, at least. 

Sansa as Alayne is speacially in the dark concerning what's going on the the realm because at the Eyrie all the information she has comes com LF, and he has every reason not to tell her her brother has a new position of power...

Exactly my point. If she wasn't a prisoner, I expect she would learn that Jon is LC at some point, yes but it has no immediate importance for her to learn, think of Night's Watch letters asking for help and how and when Davos learned those. Stannis would eventually learn of those, but not immediately.

Alys was a captive, telling her honorable the Ned's son is now LC isn't such a bright idea, with her seeking an oppurtunity to be rid of her uncles. On Karhold maester, remember Stannis' "chat" with him in the Theon sample, do you think he would feel so inclined to give her news that may aid her?

There must be villages where she stopped by while traveling. We're sure she's a strong and decided person, no one to sit around and wait for things to happen. She could have been peeking into the letters that came to Karhold without her uncle ever finding out...

These are more likely, yes.

23 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Alys Karstark is another mystery; before she set out, was she aware of Jon was elected as LC?

Pure speculation on my part ---- I’m thinking the rumor & gossip mill spread the word that Lord Eddard’s 14 year old bastard took the black. It’s been at least a couple years maybe close to three since Jon left WF. After Jon was chosen LC I would think some ravens and word of mouth flew.

Alys knows Jon from an earlier time at WF. Presently they both are 16-17 ish. When they first met they were six- seven ish but that is before the saga began.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IX      That brought the ghost of a smile to her lips. "I was not sure you would remember. I was six the last time you saw me." <snip> "You came to Winterfell with your father." The father Robb beheaded. "I don't recall what for."    She blushed. "So I could meet your brother. Oh, there was some other pretext, but that was the real reason. I was almost of an age with Robb, and my father thought we might make a match. There was a feast. I danced with you and your brother both. He was very courteous and said that I danced beautifully. You were sullen. My father said that was to be expected in a bastard."/

4 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Jon only gets elected sometime after Stannis has arrived, do we know how long did Stannis stay after helping with the elections?

Jon gets elected LC at the end of Storm of Swords. On a side note it was Aemon & Sam who did the wheeling and dealing to get Jon elected. Jon was not campaigning to be LC of the NW.  Stannis leaves the Wall sometime before or during Dance with Dragons c. 17.

I also assume she was looking to find Jon. She is the one who brought word of Arnolf working with Bolton against Stannis ---- Stannis thinks Arnolf is on his side.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IX      "What do you mean?"    "Arnolf is rushing to Winterfell, 'tis true, but only so he might put his dagger in your king's back. He cast his lot with Roose Bolton long ago … for gold, the promise of a pardon, and poor Harry's head. Lord Stannis is marching to a slaughter. So he cannot help me, and would not even if he could." Alys knelt before him, clutching the black cloak. "You are my only hope, Lord Snow. In your father's name, I beg you. Protect me."/

• 3 weeks later...

Another example to this perhaps is the quote below

Howd Wanderer swore his oath upon his sword, as nicked and pitted a piece of iron as Jon had ever seen. Devyn Sealskinner presented him with a sealskin hat, Harle the Huntsman with a bear-claw necklace. The warrior witch Morna removed her weirwood mask just long enough to kiss his gloved hand and swear to be his man or his woman, whichever he preferred. And on and on and on.

AGOT Catelyn VI

Her uncle's voice was troubled. "Lord Robert," he sighed. "Six years old, sickly, and prone to weep if you take his dolls away. Jon Arryn's trueborn heir, by all the gods, yet there are some who say he is too weak to sit his father's seat. Nestor Royce has been high steward these past fourteen years, while Lord Jon served in King's Landing, and many whisper that he should rule until the boy comes of age. Others believe that Lysa must marry again, and soon. Already the suitors gather like crows on a battlefield. The Eyrie is full of them."

AGOT Tyrion V

"He is," the Lady Lysa had said from the lesser throne beside him. She was all in blue, powdered and perfumed for the suitors who filled her court.

AGOT Catelyn VII

Across the terrace, Lysa laughed gaily at some jest of Lord Hunter's, and nibbled a blackberry from the point of Ser Lyn Corbray's dagger. They were the suitors who stood highest in Lysa's favor … today, at least. Catelyn would have been hard-pressed to say which man was more unsuitable. Eon Hunter was even older than Jon Arryn had been, half-crippled by gout, and cursed with three quarrelsome sons, each more grasping than the last. Ser Lyn was a different sort of folly; lean and handsome, heir to an ancient but impoverished house, but vain, reckless, hot-tempered … and, it was whispered, notoriously uninterested in the intimate charms of women.

Lysa's suitors were gathering around them like bees round a blossom. "Women understand little of these things," Ser Morton Waynwood said. "Ser Vardis is a knight, sweet lady. This other fellow, well, his sort are all cowards at heart. Useful enough in a battle, with thousands of their fellows around them, but stand them up alone and the manhood leaks right out of them."

So Lysa must be beautiful to have so many suitors? Maybe she has a great personality to attract so many admirers? The series is about power plays, secret plots and manipulation. It’s not a period romance. Look first to see if a character has a motive more in line with the series (plots, manipulation to some ends) before assuming hotness never ascribed to him in the books.

AGOT Catelyn VI

It had been five years, in truth; five cruel years, for Lysa. They had taken their toll. Her sister was two years the younger, yet she looked older now. Shorter than Catelyn, Lysa had grown thick of body, pale and puffy of face. She had the blue eyes of the Tullys, but hers were pale and watery, never still. Her small mouth had turned petulant. As Catelyn held her, she remembered the slender, high-breasted girl who'd waited beside her that day in the sept at Riverrun. How lovely and full of hope she had been. All that remained of her sister's beauty was the great fall of thick auburn hair that cascaded to her waist.

AGOT Catelyn VII

Lysa, freshly scrubbed and garbed in cream velvet with a rope of sapphires and moonstones around her milk-white neck, was holding court on the terrace overlooking the scene of the combat, surrounded by her knights, retainers, and lords high and low. Most of them still hoped to wed her, bed her, and rule the Vale of Arryn by her side. From what Catelyn had seen during her stay at the Eyrie, it was a vain hope.

When someone’s attractive, GRRM tends to mention it often. Jaime, Cersei, Catelyn, Sansa, Dany, Waymar, young Robert B, Renly, Loras, Mel, Val, etc. Likewise if someone is especially ugly. That Jon isn't mentioned as either leads me to believe he's middle of the road.  Jon is described as looking just like Ned but notice that there's no “...but more attractive than Ned” or anything to that effect.

· Mel just wants shadow babies. Stannis is tapped out and Jon has king's blood being the king's brother and arguably in line for being king himself. And Jon is LC at this time and has a lot of power. Quite sure she's not just courgaring here for 16 year old boys.

· Ygritte doesn’t seem so enamored of him until he mentioned who he was and he gives himself away that he like her. Let's not forget that a wildling who wants on the other side of the Wall badly would be smart to get tight with the brother of the Stark King in the North. He's high born and very obviously into her, she'd be an idiot to not pursue him, especially given the wildlings' situation. ACOK Jon VI: “I’m Jon Snow.” She flinched “An evil name.” “A bastard name, he said. “My father was Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell.” She notices that Jon is flustered and staring at her: The girl watched him warily, but Stonesnake gave a mordant chuckle. "It's the captive supposed to tell things, remember?" ...Ygritte watched and said nothing. She was older than he'd thought at first, Jon realized; maybe as old as twenty, but short for her age, bandy-legged, with a round face, small hands, and a pug nose. Her shaggy mop of red hair stuck out in all directions. She looked plump as she crouched there, but most of that was layers of fur and wool and leather. Underneath all that she could be as skinny as Arya...She smiled. Her teeth were crooked, but very white.

· AGOT Catelyn II: Jon was never out of sight, and as he grew, he looked more like Ned than any of the trueborn sons she bore him. Somehow that made it worse.

· AGOT Eddard IX: Riding through the rainy night, Ned saw Jon Snow's face in front of him, so like a younger version of his own.

· ASOS Catelyn V: She remembered her own childish disappointment, the first time she had laid eyes on Eddard Stark. She had pictured him as a younger version of his brother Brandon, but that was wrong. Ned was shorter and plainer of face, and so somber. He spoke courteously enough, but beneath the words she sensed a coolness that was all at odds with Brandon, whose mirths had been as wild as his rages. Even when he took her maidenhood, their love had more of duty to it than of passion. We made Robb that night, though; we made a king together. And after the war, at Winterfell, I had love enough for any woman, once I found the good sweet heart beneath Ned's solemn face. 

· AFFC Cersei IV: "I glimpsed him once at Winterfell," the queen said, "though the Starks did their best to hide him. He looks very like his father."

· AGOT Tyrion II: Whoever his mother had been, she had left little of herself in her son.

· ASOS Jon XI: Stannis snorted. "I know Janos Slynt. And I knew Ned Stark as well. Your father was no friend of mine, but only a fool would doubt his honor or his honesty. You have his look."

31 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Lysa is the widow of Jon Arryn, father to Robyn Arryn, the sickly underage lord paramount of the Vale.

If you suggest Jon secretly married to LC Mormont and that's the reason he became LC after him and somehow everyone except the black brothers know of it, sure!

My point with Lysa was that you can't conclude suitors and admirers automatically equates to corresponding hotness. It's a series about politics and plots. Gotta look there first.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:40 PM, Vaedys Targaryen said:

This. We know that Jon is slender and had dark hair, but we have never actually had him described as being beautiful. Also, the only women whose POVs we've read about Jon is Arya, Sansa, Catelyn, Cersei and Melisandre, and none of them describe him as being attractive. Arya and Sansa think of him as a brother, so they obviously don't find him attractive, Catelyn hates him, Cersei only thinks of him as being Ned Stark's bastard and Melisandre speaks to him only in a professional manner.

We also have to remember that Jon has spent almost the entire series at the Wall, where no women are allowed and when women do come to the Wall, only a handful of them speak to him and they only do it when necessary.

While Stannis may have been more attractive in his youth, he certainly isn't now; he is ageing rapidly and everyone agrees that he looks far older than his real age.

My personal theory about that is that Melisandre has done something to him, like cast a spell on him or something.

This. 

Daenerys will shed more light on Jon's physical appearance and tell us how attractive he is supposed to be, when we see him from her pov. Hopefully, we can get a description of Jon that allows distinction and originality in his appearance, outwith the convenient 'carbon copy of Ned' take. (But then again, grrm has never been the most imaginative with his genetics, so...I am not holding my breath). 

Personally, I do not care about Jon being plain (the divine in the mundane etc.) but I want it to be because he is described as plain, not because Ned is.

1 hour ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

Daenerys will shed more light on Jon's physical appearance and tell us how attractive he is supposed to be, when we see him from her pov. 

Ygritte says he has a sweet face, which I think might mean cute? 

Another person who might be able to give a good description of Jon is Jon Connington if they meet. He did give us a description of Myles Toyne that I remember.

14 hours ago, Lollygag said:

My point with Lysa was that you can't conclude suitors and admirers automatically equates to corresponding hotness. It's a series about politics and plots. Gotta look there first.

Yes, but Jon doesn't get all this attention only after he becomes a political power and even after the election not all the attention he gets is because of his power.

Also it was never my intention to compare how hotter Jon is than Stannis but perhaps more of a personality or attitude comparison. I know the first post wasn't very clear on it so now it states that.

6 hours ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

This. 

Daenerys will shed more light on Jon's physical appearance and tell us how attractive he is supposed to be, when we see him from her pov. Hopefully, we can get a description of Jon that allows distinction and originality in his appearance, outwith the convenient 'carbon copy of Ned' take. (But then again, grrm has never been the most imaginative with his genetics, so...I am not holding my breath). 

Personally, I do not care about Jon being plain (the divine in the mundane etc.) but I want it to be because he is described as plain, not because Ned is.

I don't think Danaerys will see Jon anytime soon and unless GRRM wants to service cut specifically for fans of the abomination turned into fans of the book, I don't see anything between her and Jon. I am myself a watcher turned reader after the first season and I am disgusted by the idea of it (and by the show also for the last season or three)

6 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Ygritte says he has a sweet face, which I think might mean cute? 

Another person who might be able to give a good description of Jon is Jon Connington if they meet. He did give us a description of Myles Toyne that I remember.

On physical attraction: Yes, exactly!

Throughout the series we don't get to see Jon from eyes of many women since he leaves early on in the series to join an all male order with wovs of celibacy.

PoVs aren't objective and they shouldn't be; Arya sees him nothing but a brother, Sansa less than that. Catelyn is only able to see him as a reminder of honorable Ned's infidelity and humiliation of her and also a threat to her son since not only he is the only Stark looking male among the pups, but he bests Robb at almost anything. This isn't an objective view and even on Ned she isn't objective, comparing him to his taller brother.

Cersei only ever gets a glimpse of Jon

"Snow, the boy is called," Pycelle said unhelpfully.
"I glimpsed him once at Winterfell," the queen said, "though the Starks did their best to hide him. He looks very like his father." Her husband's by-blows had his look as well, though at least Robert had the grace to keep them out of sight. Once, after that sorry business with the cat, he had made some noises about bringing some baseborn daughter of his to court. "Do as you please," she'd told him, "but you may find that the city is not a healthy place for a growing girl." The bruise those words had won her had been hard to hide from Jaime, but they heard no more about the bastard girl. Catelyn Tully was a mouse, or she would have smothered this Jon Snow in his cradle. Instead, she's left the filthy task to me. "Snow shares Lord Eddard's taste for treason too," she said. "The father would have handed the realm to Stannis. The son has given him lands and castles."

Only person we get to learn from whether Jon is physically attractive is Ygritte. We don't have a PoV on say, Val or Alys or Morna or even Shireen, since people have suggested her too.

17 hours ago, Lollygag said:

When someone’s attractive, GRRM tends to mention it often. Jaime, Cersei, Catelyn, Sansa, Dany, Waymar, young Robert B, Renly, Loras, Mel, Val, etc. Likewise if someone is especially ugly. That Jon isn't mentioned as either leads me to believe he's middle of the road.

[snip]

I have an explanation for that:

Suppose Jon really turns out to be the main male 'hero' of the story in the end. Then I find it likely GRRM may have found it too cringeworthy to explicitly top off this main-heroness with super-handsomeness too. (This does not mean GRRM does not imagine Jon as attractive. It does not mean he imagines him as unattractive either of course. It simply means describing Jon explicitly as handsome is out of the question.)

The solution GRRM came up with - in my perception - is to quite purposefully leave this question open and up to each reader to imagine for themselves.

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Yes, but Jon doesn't get all this attention only after he becomes a political power and even after the election not all the attention he gets is because of his power.

Also it was never my intention to compare how hotter Jon is than Stannis but perhaps more of a personality or attitude comparison. I know the first post wasn't very clear on it so now it states that.

Who is interested in Jon who doesn’t stand to benefit in some significant way? I can’t think of anyone off hand.

Yeah, if there’s an election of sorts between Jon and Stannis, Jon would win the “guy you’d rather have a beer with” vote. But given Stannis that’s not really saying much. I’m kind of wait and see on Jon at this point and Stannis too seems to be evolving. GRRM said Jon would be darker and the set up for him is quite dark. I can see myself preferring Stannis’ personality in some possible outcomes. We’ll see. I hope.

A few things about Ygritte and the sweet face passage...

ACOK Jon II

His face was throbbing. Tormund stood over them bellowing, he saw from his right eye as he rubbed blood from his left. Then there were hoofbeats, shouts, and the clacking of old dry bones.
Bag o' Bones," roared Tormund, "call off your hellcrow!"

"There's your hellcrow!" Rattleshirt pointed at Jon. "Bleeding in the mud like a faithless dog!" The eagle came flapping down to land atop the broken giant's skull that served him for his helm. "I'm here for him."
"Come take him then," said Tormund, "but best come with sword in hand, for that's where you'll find mine. Might be I'll boil your bones, and use your skull to piss in. Har!"
"Once I prick you and let the air out, you'll shrink down smaller'n that girl. Stand aside, or Mance will hear o' this."
Ygritte stood. "What, is it Mance who wants him?"
"I said so, didn't I? Get him up on those black feet."
Tormund frowned down at Jon. "Best go, if it's the Mance who's wanting you."
Ygritte helped pull him up.
"He's bleeding like a butchered boar. Look what Orell did t' his sweet face."
Can a bird hate? Jon had slain the wilding Orell, but some part of the man remained within the eagle. The golden eyes looked out on him with cold malevolence. "I'll come," he said. The blood kept running down into his right eye, and his cheek was a blaze of pain. When he touched it his black gloves came away stained with red. "Let me catch my garron." It was not the horse he wanted so much as Ghost, but the direwolf was nowhere to be seen. He could be leagues away by now, ripping out the throat of some elk. Perhaps that was just as well.
The garron shied away from him when he approached, no doubt frightened by the blood on his face, but Jon calmed him with a few quiet words and finally got close enough to take the reins. As he swung back into the saddle his head whirled. I will need to get this tended, he thought, but not just now. Let the King-beyond-the-Wall see what his eagle did to me. His right hand opened and closed, and he reached down for Longclaw and slung the bastard sword over a shoulder before he wheeled to trot back to where the Lord of Bones and his band were waiting.
Ygritte was waiting too, sitting on her horse with a fierce look on her face. "I am coming too."

* Never noticed before that here Jon is attacked by Orell in his eagle, then he’s described as a butchered boar, and Jon later runs into Boraq the skinchanger who has a boar. Hmmm….

Ygritte being interested in Jon really doesn’t prove anything for me either way.

Jon is right away attracted to Ygritte. He describes her as meh.
Ygritte pursues Jon almost right away. Yet it follows that he
must be hot?

If Jon can be into Ygritte and she’s only average, how can one conclude for certain that Ygritte’s interest in Jon is
only because he’s hot?

(For the sake of argument, never mind that she and her people are in a desperate life or death situation with the Others and their ice zombie apocalypse and in walks the key to their salvation to cross into the safety of Stark World in the form of Ned’s kid raised at Winterfell and the brother of the King in the North? Kind of an insult to Ygritte, no? She’s not motivated by the life and death situation of herself and her people in the least, she’s just blindly boy crazy like early Sansa?)

And just because someone is attracted to someone doesn’t make them objectively “hot”, defining objectively hot here as being in the same category as young Robert, Jaime, Cersei, Catelyn, Sansa, Dany who are indisputably and repeatedly described as such. I think Adrian Brody is very attractive and I can’t tear my eyes from Joaquin Phoenix but I’d never try to convince anyone that they’re hot. And average and unattractive people still get people attracted enough to them to want to date them, sleep with them, marry them—and all willingly! This just isn’t proof given the lack of any objective statements about Jon’s hotness, the realities of Ygritte’s dire situation, and that being attracted to someone doesn’t necessarily mean they look like an underwear model.

The sweet comment is right after Jon’s had his face attacked by Orell. Jon is called to Mance and Jon’s life depends upon Mance believing him. Going to Mance in a weakened state makes this even more critical for Jon.  I think Ygritte is trying to delay his going to Mance by emphasizing the extent of his injury: sweet face is now a bleeding like a butchered boar*. It’s typical to emphasize the injury of someone when another is being tough on said injured person to get them to ease up (in this case Tormund trying to rush him off to Mance).

If anyone is still of the opinion that Ygritte’s “sweet face” is still meant as just a comment on Jon’s hotness, it’s a very weird one if one looks at the context around it: “Awwww Jon, you had such a sweet face and now you look like a bleeding butchered boar. Does it hurt? Opps, how callous of me! Hope you’re not too worri
ed about that sweet face now that I called you a bleeding butchered boar right after you got your face scratched up by murderous eagle talons and nearly lost your eye. I’m sure your face will be fine. You must be in so much pain...“ Sweet face here is more like salt in the wound if it’s actually a reference to his looks and not a term of endearment/way to delay his meeting with Mance. Also from a writing perspective, if this is in fact GRRM’s only definitive statement as to Jon’s attractiveness, then muddying the waters by having “sweet face” accompany “hellcrow”, “bleeding in the mud like a faithless dog”, “bleeding like a butchered boar”, frightens garrons, and that Ygritte wouldn’t want Jon meeting Mance while severely injured doesn’t make much sense.

Nothing romantic going on here.

1 hour ago, Amris said:

I have an explanation for that:

Suppose Jon really turns out to be the main male 'hero' of the story in the end. Then I find it likely GRRM may have found it too cringeworthy to explicitly top off this main-heroness with super-handsomeness too. (This does not mean GRRM does not imagine Jon as attractive. It does not mean he imagines him as unattractive either of course. It simply means describing Jon explicitly as handsome is out of the question.)

The solution GRRM came up with - in my perception - is to quite purposefully leave this question open and up to each reader to imagine for themselves.

I'll buy this. Makes a lot of sense as it seems quite deliberate that he can't be categorized well. The bolded fits well with his handling of other things.

Completely agree with the cringeworthy idea given the long list of things attributed to Jon by the fandom (secret prince, prophesied prince, prophesied azor ahai and savior of the world, champion of the little people, KitN, KofIT, has a cool direwolf and a cool dragon, super hot, (probably stuff I'm forgetting)...

4 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I don't think Danaerys will see Jon anytime soon and unless GRRM wants to service cut specifically for fans of the abomination turned into fans of the book, I don't see anything between her and Jon. I am myself a watcher turned reader after the first season and I am disgusted by the idea of it (and by the show also for the last season or three)

I am not a fan of Jon and Daenerys becoming romantically involved either, but the show only confirmed what the books have been hinting at for years. I am sure that it will be written much better in the books, at least. It was extremely off putting on the show. 

Daenerys dreams of a lover and Jon seems to fit the bill, here:

Sometimes she would close her eyes and dream of him, but it was never Jorah Mormont she dreamed of; her lover was always younger and more comely, though his face remained a shifting shadow (Daenerys II, ASOS)

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. (Melisandre, ADWD)

Daenerys has....well, lets say a peculiar taste in men, but I am sure that she will find Jon attractive enough. 

Archived