naval strength north

Alex Gu

Not much difference at all since it would be based out of WH on the east coast and the Lannisters and Greyjoys are on the West coast, perhaps Robb could use his fleet for a joint attack of Kingslanding with Stannis if Stannis would allow the help without Robb bending the knee. Or if Cat informed Robb of Yohn Royce good friendship with Ned Robb could sail to Runestone and tug on the big guys honor strings a bit which could have ended with Yohn Royce disobeying Lysa and raising some of the Vale lords with him to aid the North. Whats Lysa gonna do siege Runestone for helping her sister and nephew win a war she started ? I'd remind Lysa of her houses words .

I'm just brainstorming really but as I said I cant imagine it helping THAT much. 

If it's on the west coast then the Twins aren't as important as Robb could simply sail his army south to Seagard or some other port. If it's on the east coast then probably nothing changes, other than maybe he uses it to raid parts of the Crownlands that Stannis doesn't already have under blockade. 

It would have made all the difference if the North had a navy. No deal with House Frey, just send a small garrison to Moat Cailin, sail down to Maidenpool and go west to Riverrun from there. Admittedly it means that Tywin and Jaime will be harder to fool, but I think Robb could manage it. 

Archived