Who would be the best King from the WoFK

Bloodstone Emperor

Renly would have been the best King. 

He's seen what Robert's uncaring and hedonistic ways have done to the realm, he wouldn't go down the same path. (My royal brother loves tournaments and feasts and he loathes what he calls 'counting coppers....) 

Took his job as Master of Laws seriously, as seen when he threatened to replace Janos Slynt

He' s aware of his surroundings and is quick on the uptake (planning to supplant Cersei, fleeing KL after Roberts death)

He understands people fairly well, and is not naive or deluded about their intentions (as can be gleaned from what he tells Loras and how he treats Catelyn) 

He understands the importance of appearances and the role it plays in amassing support 

He can be diplomatic and as ruthless as required (Letting Robb stay KITN as long as he did him fealty, making Catelyn stay so she "can see what happens to traitors" ) 

He has the love of the people, managing to amass a huge following despite being a usurper 

He understands politics fairly well (eg. creating the Rainbow Guard to grant him favour from Faith of the Seven practitioners, wanting Barristan Selmy at his side as a way to grant legitimacy, manipulating public opinion at the Tourney of the Hand) 

All in all, I'm throwing my lot in with Renly.

Archived