forshadowing in first Bran chapter in aGoT

Bloodstone Emperor

I was rereading the first chapter in aGoT and noticed how when Robb found the dead dire wolf and the pups, he said the mother had died from 

A foot of shattered antler, tines snapped off, all wet with blood

I think this symbolizes Eddard’s death, and how after Roberts death , similar to how the antler has broken off (stag), Cersei and Joffrey were free to kill Eddard. 

If anyone finds anymore foreshadowing in this chapter, which I’m sure there are more of, or  has an opinion on my perspective, tell me.

• 3 months later...

I see it not so much as Ned's death but the death of House Stark. There is also the fact that the six wolf pups would be presumed dead as well, but they survive.

You also have Gared's execution for treason by Ned, which was kind of a raw deal given what Gared experienced in the Haunted Forest. But treason is treason and Ned was simply carrying out the king's justice. This foreshadow's Ned's execution for treason, also a raw deal given the fact the Joffrey was not the rightful king, but treason is treason. And it is done with the same blade too, but not by the one who passed the sentence.

It's also interesting that only Jon hears the sixth pup's cries, even though Ghost is never known to make a sound thereafter. And Ghost also happens to be white with red eyes, just like a heart tree.

• 2 months later...

The foreshadow is a given. I'm more curious as to who/what warged the Direwolf mother to travel south of The Wall, and who/what prevented it by warging the stag? Female/Male alpha forces here.

Female pregnant with life force possibilities.

Male force of the death life death...cycle of life.

16 minutes ago, Weirwood Ghost said:

The foreshadow is a given. I'm more curious as to who/what warged the Direwolf mother to travel south of The Wall, and who/what prevented it by warging the stag? Female/Male alpha forces here.

Female pregnant with life force possibilities.

Male force of the death life death...cycle of life.

My bet is on Gared being the agent that guided the she-wolf to cross the Wall via the Blackgate. He then sacrificed her for the Starks to find the puppies.

• 2 months later...

Easy answers here, folks.

The antler killing the direwolf foreshadows the mutual destruction of Robert and Ned. If Robert had been anywhere near competent, Ned would have gone to him right away with the dagger story, and they would have been able to uncover both the Lannister plots and LF's plot.

Bloodraven warged both the direwolf and Gared. He needed Gared to get the pregnant direwolf though the Black Gate (pregnant direwolves aren't very good at climbing 700 foot ice walls), but he blew Gared's mind in the process. That would be totally in-character for Bloodraven.

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Bloodraven warged both the direwolf and Gared. He needed Gared to get the pregnant direwolf though the Black Gate (pregnant direwolves aren't very good at climbing 700 foot ice walls), but he blew Gared's mind in the process. That would be totally in-character for Bloodraven.

I like this!  I always thought the the DW was already on this side of the Wall.  It's said one hasn't been sighted in 200 years but that doesn't mean they weren't there.  I draw that conclusion from the Giants and the CotF...not sighted but not gone. 

On 12/30/2017 at 11:42 PM, Bloodstone Emperor said:

I was rereading the first chapter in aGoT and noticed how when Robb found the dead dire wolf and the pups, he said the mother had died from 

I think this symbolizes Eddard’s death, and how after Roberts death , similar to how the antler has broken off (stag), Cersei and Joffrey were free to kill Eddard. 

If anyone finds anymore foreshadowing in this chapter, which I’m sure there are more of, or  has an opinion on my perspective, tell me.

The greater meaning of that scene was a message to the Starks.  Leave the north and die.

Archived