U.S. Politics. Next?

A True Kaniggit

On 1/7/2018 at 2:42 PM, Nasty LongRider said:

The least bit of liberal is too liberal, and conservatism can only be failed.  What a political landscape this is.

23 hours ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Actually, I have to agree with Garovorkin here. I do want the Democrats to tack towards the center. But then, that'd make them more liberal, considering how they're mostly a center-right party from my Eurocommie perspective. So, I agree with everybody else, too. Yay!

Yeah, its like in the United States if you call yourself a Marxist, people lose their minds.

But, if you call yourself an Objectivist or an Ayn Rand fan, nobody bats an eye. And I’d submit that philosophy is wholly destructive as it would completely erode any type of basic trust in a society. And I think, a case of this, might very well be that clown that destroyed Sears with his Ayn Rand crap. Evidently he manage destroy even the most basic level of trust within that organization, to the point it couldn't function.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Bannon has issued an apology to Trump and family.  

https://www.axios.com/scoop-bannon-sends-regret-to-trump-1515329924-dbfe9439-59e0-4773-8d3d-079e5ee2b493.html

this is all Trump needs for Bannon to be back in the loop and then gain more intel to leak

I like this take on Bannon's apology:

3 hours ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Actually, I have to agree with Garovorkin here. I do want the Democrats to tack towards the center. But then, that'd make them more liberal, considering how they're mostly a center-right party from my Eurocommie perspective. So, I agree with everybody else, too. Yay!

Exactly, good point. The Democrats are already way too far to the right, this is a party that nominated a Right to Work Governor for Hillary's VP. 

15 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Really and what happened in 2016? The voters kicked out the democrats. They put in the Republicans , alot of  working class moderate voters whom the Democrats decided rather shortsightedly  to ignore voted against them.  You need to appeal to moderate voters or you don't win. 

Hillary Clinton was about as moderate as you could get.  So isn't this an argument against what you're saying? 

37 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Good lord.  Could he lick Trump's butt a little harder?

He likely feels his position is precarious. And he's a hardcore white nationalist near the center of our nation's power structure. The guy would likely fuck a pig on live television if it would keep him in his job. I read that he was in Trump's office near the time of the infamous Britain tweet. That's the kind of bullshit he wants to keep pulling, influencing Trump's tweets, as well as policy.

10 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Anyone who voted for Trump is not a centrist, no matter what they may say. You can’t vote for the openly extreme right white nationalist and then claim you chose him for his moderate views. That is not to say that anyone who voted for Trump is a white nationalist, but he never offered any kind of centrist platform. Even the less deplorable Trump voters excuse their choice by saying they thought he was an outsider who would bring change, they didn’t see him as a moderating force.

Anyone that voted for trump is a bigot and enabler of white supremacy and white nationalism. And any white person that voted for him is a racist. 
they either saw his bigotry and agreed with it, or they couldn't give less of a shit about it because it didn't personally impact them.

35 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I suspect that Trump a fair number of those Centrist voters..

Lol, oh darling, Trump isn't a centrist.  Just because a candidate won the election doesn't mean he did so by picking up moderate voters.  

Archived