TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sounds delicious! Did you get cravings with Lil O?

No... I just gobbled everything in sight. Which didn’t help with the weight gain :uhoh: 

Thus far I’ve craved healthy things which is the exact opposite of Lil O. But I’ve been pretty sick the last two weeks and had constant house guests so I’m a little worn down, but happily so. 

So looks like George has a new Sy-fy show based in Ireland coming out soon? I think it’s Nightflyers or something like that. Could be interesting. May need to buy the book. I never did get around to Wildcards. 

Yes, I’ll keep talking at the thread, don’t mind me, I just don’t have anybody to say this to right now. 

One week in and I’m not loving this new year. Of course every beginning is difficult, so I’m not blaming it on 2018 just yet. I’m sure things will pick up with time. Plus, a lot depends on me too, I know that, and I’ll work on handling stress better this year, because I swear to god if I keep going like this, I won’t live past 40 and that would suck. I suppose I have to make some changes around myself and about myself too. It’s just difficult to say which needs change in certain situations. And while I can and want to take responsibility for things in my life, I also don’t believe that everything is or should be on me. Sometimes it’s the situation and sometimes it’s other people. It’s not always just me me and me who is responsible and who should change. 

On a similar note, sometimes it does feel like it’s just me. And at those times, my mother’s words echo in my ears, saying If you want anything in life you have to do/get it yourself. And that’s just not right. I do a lot for other people, but I often feel like they don’t give it back. Which is not necessarily true. Help doesn’t work like that. You don’t do this thing for that person and get this same thing back from that same person. You do something for something. And you get something else from someone else. From that point of view, my life is quite balanced, so I suppose all I should say is... I suppose I should just shut up and come to terms with the fact that I’m a grownup and the only person who is taking care of me is me. Is that wrong? I guess it isn’t. It’s just difficult and not idealistic. We all have these pink picture in our heads that people are great and help each other all the time. And that’s not untrue. It’s just a photoshop and insta filter enhanced version of reality. And that’s fine. 

So I guess the world or my life or 2018 isn’t worse than anything, I just really need to work on that attitude and stress tolerance issue. Because it is on me, like everything else that concerns my life. Which isn’t wrong, just a little disappointing. So I need to teach myself to not be disappointed about these things and 2018 will be much better. 

Me, at the start of Christmas break: "Okay, I have four big assignments for school, but I have two weeks to do all of them, this should be a piece of cake. I'm not going to postpone everything like usual again."

I have now written half a page in total and the first assignment was due four minutes ago. When will I learn?

On 06/01/2018 at 1:23 PM, Buckwheat said:

And of course this deserves a separate post:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! BABY! Congratulations to you and the other baby mama, and of course to the little sith princess (errrr ... what do we refer to your baby as again?)! :cheers::commie::grouphug:  Enjoy getting to know each other and take a well-deserved rest. :)

Thank you :), we’re back at home now , she’s so tiny!, and luckily seems to sleep a lot, but I doubt that will last long!.

On 06/01/2018 at 1:36 PM, First of My Name said:

YAY! :grouphug: That's awesome, congratulations! Darth Junior can finally begin his conquest of the galaxy. :cheers:

*Ahem* Her conquest you mean :P.

On 06/01/2018 at 2:26 PM, RhaenysB said:

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :commie::cheers::grouphug: this is amazing news! I’m so happy for you guys, rest up and enjoy your baby sith! Awww!!! 

Thank you so much :).

On 06/01/2018 at 6:44 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Let me know how it went - so excited!!!! 

I have officially graduated from constant morning sickness to cravings. I keep having reoccurring dream of making a very specific sandwich :lol: and today I had a very insistent craving for avocado and banana. So I blended it with ice and coconut milk and it was tasty! 

It went.....well although she wanted to meet us a bit earlier and quicker than expected which caught us out a little, we got to the hospital fine but I ended up having a natural birth instead of a c section, which I wasn’t wholly prepared for at all, and OMG it’s as painful as everyone says but so so so so so worth it, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so protective in my life, I just want to make sure she’s warm and fed and safe and loved and comfy, I don’t know how I’m going to deal with other people wanting to hold her, I’m just about ok with my partner at the moment, who is as smitten as I am.

On 06/01/2018 at 10:21 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I sense, an Awakening. All hail the helspawn, conqueror of Galaxies and Mistress of the Universe! :commie: 

Congrats, and im glad things went well. Rest up and enjoy motherhood :) 

In a few short years, all shall bow before her :D.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Thank you :), we’re back at home now , she’s so tiny!, and luckily seems to sleep a lot, but I doubt that will last long!.

It went.....well although she wanted to meet us a bit earlier and quicker than expected which caught us out a little, we got to the hospital fine but I ended up having a natural birth instead of a c section, which I wasn’t wholly prepared for at all, and OMG it’s as painful as everyone says but so so so so so worth it, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so protective in my life, I just want to make sure she’s warm and fed and safe and loved and comfy, I don’t know how I’m going to deal with other people wanting to hold her, I’m just about ok with my partner at the moment, who is as smitten as I am.

Oops :P Sorry, you're right.

I'm so happy for you. What name did you end up going with?

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Congrats again!!! I know it caught you off guard and may have been more painful up front than a c section - it’s a massive surgery you were able to avoid and the healing time is far less with natural birth. And yes, it’s SO dang painful! Were you able to get an epidural? Or did it happen too quickly? 

I don’t know what it is that kicks in when you have a baby but the joy and the love is like nothing else. Enjoy every moment with your partner and lil Sith. It’s a special time. Get lots of rest when you can. Pretty soon she will be crawling and ready to take over the world! 

Baby sith has me feeling even more emotional and broody than hop hops :wub: I'm so happy for you DV, and I'm sure you and your partner (you aren't married right? It just occurred to me that I wasn't sure if you were or not) will make wonderful loving parents for our future overlady of the galaxy :)

Also yikes to the natural birth, especially when you weren't expecting it. Motherhood had a C-section with me though and the surgery scar distressed her for years afterwards so maybe it's a good thing in the long run? 

*Squee*

Eta: to head anything off, I may be broody but I never plan on having kids of my own. I might adopt in the future, maybe, but I don't feel comfortable passing on my genetic pre-dispositons for mental illness, diabetes and heart problems on to my descendants. This has been H bringing you your morbid thought of the day 

17 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Congrats again!!! I know it caught you off guard and may have been more painful up front than a c section - it’s a massive surgery you were able to avoid and the healing time is far less with natural birth. And yes, it’s SO dang painful! Were you able to get an epidural? Or did it happen too quickly? 

I don’t know what it is that kicks in when you have a baby but the joy and the love is like nothing else. Enjoy every moment with your partner and lil Sith. It’s a special time. Get lots of rest when you can. Pretty soon she will be crawling and ready to take over the world! 

A few people have said that too and I guess they are right, the healing time is a lot better.

I didn’t have an epidural, it ended up happening really quickly and wasn’t what we had planned and OMG it hurt more than breaking my leg I’d say, it didn’t help that I’m in the petite side but now it’s over with I’m kind of glad I managed it the natural way.

Tell me about it, I’ve never felt so strongly about anything before I love her so much!:wub:.

She has been pretty well behaved so far and is mostly just sleeping or being cuddled when she’s not. I always get worried when she cry’s or starts fussing though like OMG is she ok and I’m there in a second, but I know that’s a pretty natural way to be.

How long until the new lil Rose is due?, the lil Sith needs some company :P.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Baby sith has me feeling even more emotional and broody than hop hops :wub: I'm so happy for you DV, and I'm sure you and your partner (you aren't married right? It just occurred to me that I wasn't sure if you were or not) will make wonderful loving parents for our future overlady of the galaxy :)

Also yikes to the natural birth, especially when you weren't expecting it. Motherhood had a C-section with me though and the surgery scar distressed her for years afterwards so maybe it's a good thing in the long run? 

*Squee*

Eta: to head anything off, I may be broody but I never plan on having kids of my own. I might adopt in the future, maybe, but I don't feel comfortable passing on my genetic pre-dispositons for mental illness, diabetes and heart problems on to my descendants. This has been H bringing you your morbid thought of the day 

Thank you so much, who knows you may even get to babysit baby Sith, I’m pretty sure she would like you and not try to blast you with lightning nor anything :P.

Yes you’re right, we’re not married YET, just engaged, getting married has taken a bit of a back seat for obvious reasons.

If you meet the right person and are still feeling broody down the line, all I can say is do it!, most amazing thing I’ve ever done.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

A few people have said that too and I guess they are right, the healing time is a lot better.

I didn’t have an epidural, it ended up happening really quickly and wasn’t what we had planned and OMG it hurt more than breaking my leg I’d say, it didn’t help that I’m in the petite side but now it’s over with I’m kind of glad I managed it the natural way.

Tell me about it, I’ve never felt so strongly about anything before I love her so much!:wub:.

She has been pretty well behaved so far and is mostly just sleeping or being cuddled when she’s not. I always get worried when she cry’s or starts fussing though like OMG is she ok and I’m there in a second, but I know that’s a pretty natural way to be.

Thank you so much, who knows you may even get to babysit baby Sith, I’m pretty sure she would like you and not try to blast you with lightning nor anything :P.

Yes you’re right, we’re not married YET, just engaged, getting married has taken a bit of a back seat for obvious reasons.

If you meet the right person and are still feeling broody down the line, all I can say is do it!, most amazing thing I’ve ever done.

Aww, It’s such great news to hear you and the baby are doing well. She must be a precious little sith. 

I’m glad you’re happy with how the birth went, if I understand correctly it was a quick delivery? So you weren’t in pain for too long at least if the c-section and the epidural were not playing? 

I sure hope the baby drops being well behaved quickly. What kind of an attitude is that from a junior sith? You should introduce her to the dark side of the force. There are cookies and lightning bolts. 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Aww, It’s such great news to hear you and the baby are doing well. She must be a precious little sith. 

I’m glad you’re happy with how the birth went, if I understand correctly it was a quick delivery? So you weren’t in pain for too long at least if the c-section and the epidural were not playing? 

I sure hope the baby drops being well behaved quickly. What kind of an attitude is that from a junior sith? You should introduce her to the dark side of the force. There are cookies and lightning bolts. 

Yes it was pretty quick but incredibly painful, I’m so happy and relieved that it’s over with though and she is a very precious little Sith!.

She can start being badly behaved when she’s older, when she’s old enough for cookies and lightning :P.

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Some women do well with c-sections...I did not. I’m so glad to hear that yours went quickly (sorry it was painful though!). I can remember screaming some expletives while pushing and wanting to knock my husband out :lol: hopefully you were better behaved than this salty rose :P 

It’s all totally natural - the checking and running when they fuss! Try your best to rest as much as you can and take it easy. Will you have to return to work/school soon? 

Give that little girl lots of snuggles and kisses and squishes! Never enough! 

And Lil Rose has 5 more months to go! Still haven’t figured out a name...

20 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Some women do well with c-sections...I did not. I’m so glad to hear that yours went quickly (sorry it was painful though!). I can remember screaming some expletives while pushing and wanting to knock my husband out :lol: hopefully you were better behaved than this salty rose :P 

It’s all totally natural - the checking and running when they fuss! Try your best to rest as much as you can and take it easy. Will you have to return to work/school soon? 

Give that little girl lots of snuggles and kisses and squishes! Never enough! 

And Lil Rose has 5 more months to go! Still haven’t figured out a name...

I actually really like the name Rose for her. Just don’t let her clap eyes on the dishy vicar,mor wear a miniskirt :P 

I’ve grown quite fond of flowery type names lately though which probably explains why I like Rose. I also like Berenice, Winona. Rowan, Natalie and Carrie. I’m not sure any of these really fit common baby names for 2018 though :P maybe ask Ormond or read his names column for some inspiration?

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I actually really like the name Rose for her. Just don’t let her clap eyes on the dishy vicar,mor wear a miniskirt :P 

I’ve grown quite fond of flowery type names lately though which probably explains why I like Rose. I also like Berenice, Winona. Rowan, Natalie and Carrie. I’m not sure any of these really fit common baby names for 2018 though :P maybe ask Ormond or read his names column for some inspiration?

What about Hyacinth Bucket? :lol: 

I don’t even think Mrs  slocombe has a first name? 

Now I want to dig through my dvds and watch these gems.   

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

What about Hyacinth Bucket? :lol: 

I don’t even think Mrs  slocombe has a first name? 

Now I want to dig through my dvds and watch these gems.   

glad you caught the reference. I can always rely on you. :love: 

Wikipedia says it was Mary Elizabeth *insert more names here* Slocombe, nee Yiddel. Learn something new everyday

Archived