TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

I won't watch what I am suspecting you are commenting on for some days, so don't spoil me in TTTNE. ;) But judging from your reaction and our typically differing opinions on ... well, everything, I am expecting to love it. :lol:

Als, it is still snowing here.

Come on man... the entire Tudors cast is here. Jonathan Rhys Meyers and now Senor Chapuys and Bishop Fisher... 

i swear, the only enjoyable scenes are between Ivar and Jonny. 

Spoiler

What the F! Bjorn’s son is old enough to go to battle?! Lagertha is supposed to be like at least freaking 55-60. This is effing insane. Torvi looked the same when she was 16 and Judith is also supposed to be like 40. This show is a disgrace. 

Spoiler

The fuck just happened?! Aethelwulf died because he was stung by a wasp? How? Like... if he is severely allergic, shouldn’t he go into an anaphylactic shock and die immediately? Or if he isn’t severely allergic, shouldn’t he survive this? This was so lame. 

Spoiler

So if there’s a season 5B or a season 6 is that going to be the exact same plot as Last Kingdom? 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

But also a movie I watched in the cinema. It was two hours of begging to the movie to please be great, please be great, please be great.  And it wasn’t. Oh man, it wasn’t. 

Which movie?

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Come on man... the entire Tudors cast is here. Jonathan Rhys Meyers and now Senor Chapuys and Bishop Fisher... 

i swear, the only enjoyable scenes are between Ivar and Jonny. 

Reveal hidden contents

What the F! Bjorn’s son is old enough to go to battle?! Lagertha is supposed to be like at least freaking 55-60. This is effing insane. Torvi looked the same when she was 16 and Judith is also supposed to be like 40. This show is a disgrace. 

Reveal hidden contents

The fuck just happened?! Aethelwulf died because he was stung by a wasp? How? Like... if he is severely allergic, shouldn’t he go into an anaphylactic shock and die immediately? Or if he isn’t severely allergic, shouldn’t he survive this? This was so lame. 

Reveal hidden contents

So if there’s a season 5B or a season 6 is that going to be the exact same plot as Last Kingdom? 

Spoiler

Maybe Lagerthas a vampire, yeah I’m going with that, she’s Eric Northmans old gf.

4 hours ago, felice said:

Which movie?

It’s a national production based on a true story of a murder in the 1920s. It was advertised as a suspenseful and artistic depiction of three individuals getting sucked into a game money and sex, which eventually leads to their demise. There was next to no suspense and the only artist in the production was the cameraman. The plot was lazy and convenient, the dialogues were dull, meaningless and often terribly acted. Typical much ado for nothing, which is a shame because there’s been great improvement in nationally produced films in the past couple years. All in all, we should have watched the Getty movie.  Here’s its uninformative IMDb

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Which ****** starts hammering on the walls on an early Sunday mornig?

Urgh. People. :bang:

A lot of ****** actually. Happens here a lot too. 

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe Lagerthas a vampire, yeah I’m going with that, she’s Eric Northmans old gf.

That must be the answer, otherwise... 

This week has been awesome. I started a half-year special program at school that allows me tons of creative freedom and doesn't restrict me to just writing news. I can even write fiction if I want, so that's pretty neat. And on top of that, the week has been book-ended with two great dates with a guy I'm pretty excited about. It feels like my luck has turned, and even if it's just for a while, I've been in a great mood all week.

7 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

This week has been awesome. I started a half-year special program at school that allows me tons of creative freedom and doesn't restrict me to just writing news. I can even write fiction if I want, so that's pretty neat. And on top of that, the week has been book-ended with two great dates with a guy I'm pretty excited about. It feels like my luck has turned, and even if it's just for a while, I've been in a great mood all week.

Yay for your great week! :cheers: I’m really happy you are in a good place and I hope the turning of your luck lasts a long time! 

What kinda special program is this? You get extra courses or how does it work? So glad to hear you’re enjoying your studies! 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yay for your great week! :cheers: I’m really happy you are in a good place and I hope the turning of your luck lasts a long time! 

What kinda special program is this? You get extra courses or how does it work? So glad to hear you’re enjoying your studies! 

Thanks! :) It's kind of hard to explain, but instead of courses, we (a group of ten students who applied for this) get assignments that are meant to stimulate and inspire us. This week, for example, we had to observe stuff in Amsterdam and describe it, and spent a few hours walking around a neighborhood in Antwerp to talk to strangers and discover what kind of area it is. So at the moment we're not being taught anything concrete, but it's a ton of fun and much more suited to me. I'm just horrified at the amount of money I spent this week, between the dates and the city trips :P 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks! :) It's kind of hard to explain, but instead of courses, we (a group of ten students who applied for this) get assignments that are meant to stimulate and inspire us. This week, for example, we had to observe stuff in Amsterdam and describe it, and spent a few hours walking around a neighborhood in Antwerp to talk to strangers and discover what kind of area it is. So at the moment we're not being taught anything concrete, but it's a ton of fun and much more suited to me. I'm just horrified at the amount of money I spent this week, between the dates and the city trips :P 

Wow that sounds very very cool. Even if traveling around costs a lot. :D 

Also, I finally read World of Ice And Fire yesterday. I want to know more about Thousand Islands and the Summer Isles and the Children of the Forest now.

/obligatory ASOIAF-related post for the year. I am good for a while now.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Baking nice creamy buns! Who wants? ;)

I want! 

50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, a few days ago I saw a guy with a t-shirt saying Valar alcoholis - All men must drink. I thought it was reasonably amusing.

:lmao: I don’t know if the t-shirt or describing it as “reasonably amusing” makes me laugh more. 20 y/o Rhaenys would have bought that t-shirt.

@First of My Name wooooow that’s really cool!!!!! 

Hello my lovelies.  Happy Monday!

I've clearly missed a lot over the weekend... new babies, expected babies, awesome travel, creamy buns, man-humour on t-shirts... what else?

@First of My Name I am envious of you.  This sounds like such an amazing experience!  I will live vicariously through you for a while, so please share.

@Lord Sidious and @Lady Olenna Congratulations on new and upcoming releases!

@Buckwheat Yes, please

Archived